Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

What is in my patch is usually the latest/most finalized. Sometimes I make last minute modifications as I am importing them in, such as Meganium's backsprite for example. I generally ask Kickern to prepare them when I feel they've hit the point no one is working on them anymore and they are good to go... although he has been doing it more independently lately and I don't have the heart to tell him they're not yet ready. There were actually quite a number of tiny edits between Kickern and Leaf's copies, and in the end I imported majority based on Leaf's sets.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can someone tell me what exactly the goal of this project is?

From here it looks like the goal is to give all existing Pokemon a moemon sprite and cram them all into a Fire Red rom.

That's all I was able to figure out and I am not even certain about it.

32 minutes ago, Demaar said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can someone tell me what exactly the goal of this project is?

From here it looks like the goal is to give all existing Pokemon a moemon sprite and cram them all into a Fire Red rom.

That's all I was able to figure out and I am not even certain about it.

The long term goal is to get any quality sprite into a playable game. Basically, a player should be able to see all good moemon sprite. The Fire Red rom already has six generations crammed into it, so it's a matter of replacing the pokemon art with the moemon art, and changing encounters. There isn't a planned endstate as the project is practically limitless.

The short term goal is just to finish up Kanto.

So moefying all Pokemon and having them in one game. That sounds like the dream of every Moemon enthusiast.

You said six generations but what about gen 7? Will they be added eventually? What about potential future generations? I'd assume so since you said the project is practically limitless.

And how do you plan on distributing the encounters for so many Pokemon in just one region? I'd assume there is a limit of how many Pokemon you can stuff into one area.

What about the new legendaries? Are there any plans of adding new areas like Pokemon Ultra Violet did?

Sorry about all those questions but I am just really Interested in/excited about this project.

5 minutes ago, Demaar said:

So moefying all Pokemon and having them in one game. That sounds like the dream of every Moemon enthusiast.

You said six generations but what about gen 7? Will they be added eventually? What about potential future generations? I'd assume so since you said the project is practically limitless.

And how do you plan on distributing the encounters for so many Pokemon in just one region? I'd assume there is a limit of how many Pokemon you can stuff into one area.

What about the new legendaries? Are there any plans of adding new areas like Pokemon Ultra Violet did?

Sorry about all those questions but I am just really Interested in/excited about this project.

There may not ever be full support for Gen 7, but I suppose there may be cases were less popular pokemon can be replaced. However, there hasn't been any work whatsoever on fifth and sixth generation moemon yet. I'll probably work on Luxray after Kanto is finished, but it's the artist that ultimately determine the shape of the project.

There has always been enough room for encounters.

The may be a new areaa for when more legendaries are added. For now, I plan on putting legendaries as rare encounters deep in existing dungeons

2 hours ago, Septentrion said:

There may not ever be full support for Gen 7, but I suppose there may be cases were less popular pokemon can be replaced. However, there hasn't been any work whatsoever on fifth and sixth generation moemon yet. I'll probably work on Luxray after Kanto is finished, but it's the artist that ultimately determine the shape of the project.

There has always been enough room for encounters.

The may be a new areaa for when more legendaries are added. For now, I plan on putting legendaries as rare encounters deep in existing dungeons

i noticed some devaint art people making 7 gen moemon its kinda intresting too seeing that 

3 hours ago, Djappah said:

Im using "Pokemon - Fire Red Version (U) (V1.1)"

I don't think I've tried that one, but "Pokemon - Fire Red (U) (Squirrels)" is the only ROM that has worked for me so far. And Lunar IPS is the correct patching tool.

Actually, the other Moemon patch only works with Fire Red 1.0 anyway, so I'd assume Fire Red 1.1 is not compatible with this patch either.

Edit: Apparently most rom hacks / patches like the one on this thread use Fire Red 1.0 (which is Squirrels).

Fire Red (U) (Squirrels) works with both the Mega Moemon Fire Red patch (this thread) and the Moemon Fire Red Revival patch (Moetal's thread). And it should be a clean ROM since that is what it's advertised as and I've had no problems with it.

Edited by Leafjewel
21 hours ago, Leafjewel said:

I don't think I've tried that one, but "Pokemon - Fire Red (U) (Squirrels)" is the only ROM that has worked for me so far. And Lunar IPS is the correct patching tool.

Actually, the other Moemon patch only works with Fire Red 1.0 anyway, so I'd assume Fire Red 1.1 is not compatible with this patch either.

Edit: Apparently most rom hacks / patches like the one on this thread use Fire Red 1.0 (which is Squirrels).

Fire Red (U) (Squirrels) works with both the Mega Moemon Fire Red patch (this thread) and the Moemon Fire Red Revival patch (Moetal's thread). And it should be a clean ROM since that is what it's advertised as and I've had no problems with it.

It worked. Thank you ^^

2 hours ago, Djappah said:

When you mega evolve you moemon is it suppose to turn back to its normal state when the battle is over, or have i run into a bug xd

They're supposed to go back to normal. I've only test Charizard and Latias.

Could you be more specific about the conditions? It seems this could be a programming oversight based on fainting or losing battle if it's not species specific.

Edit: Fainting seems to turn Mega Charizard back to normal, even when blacking out. It's probably a species thing.

Edited by Septentrion
12 hours ago, Septentrion said:

They're supposed to go back to normal. I've only test Charizard and Latias.

Could you be more specific about the conditions? It seems this could be a programming oversight based on fainting or losing battle if it's not species specific.

Edit: Fainting seems to turn Mega Charizard back to normal, even when blacking out. It's probably a species thing.

I was trying to mega evovle my Charizard, I did have a little trouble figuring out how to do it but I did it eventurally, and when the battle ended my Mega Charizard was just a normal Charizard again. I was fighting very underleved pokemon and oneshoted the pokemon i was fighting. But if you say they're suppose to turn back to normal when the battle ends then i must have done it right. I just thought they would stay mega evovled.

P.S. sorry for my bad English.

Edit: I haven't played any of the original pokemon games so i don't know how mega evelution works xD. 

Edited by Djappah

There's going to be a hard deadline for completion. The first week of January will have the completed game available, even if I have to use old stuff. I'm also going to update for Moetal's Heonn starters.

sHAsnLQ.png

I might make all the shinies green-based. Honestly, the standard I have for shinies are not high. Sticking to canonical colors was a mistake for the first two.

Edited by Septentrion

I'm a noob when it comes to this, I installed(rather I would think so) this and nothing. I followed pretty much everything word for word and the sprites haven't changed. I used "Pokemon - Fire Red (U) (Squirrels)" as someone suggested along with LunarIPS. is said patched successfully, am I forgetting something? If it's okay for someone to explain to a pleb like myself how exactly(shortened of course) it should be installed I'm forever grateful.

11 hours ago, ZombieWoody said:

I'm a noob when it comes to this, I installed(rather I would think so) this and nothing. I followed pretty much everything word for word and the sprites haven't changed. I used "Pokemon - Fire Red (U) (Squirrels)" as someone suggested along with LunarIPS. is said patched successfully, am I forgetting something? If it's okay for someone to explain to a pleb like myself how exactly(shortened of course) it should be installed I'm forever grateful.

I don't know what instructions you were following. I will likely have patching instructions in the next update though, so here I go.

1) You need LunarIPS.exe, Pokemon - Fire Red (U) (Squirrels).gba , and the Moemon IPS file

2) Copy Pokemon - Fire Red (U) (Squirrels).gba and rename the COPY

3) Run Lunar IPS

4) Select the "Apply UPS Patch"(not Create)

5) The first window asks you to "Select IPS File to Use" - Slect the Moemon IPS file and press open

6) The Second window asks you "Select Fi,e to Patch" - Select the Renamed Copy GBA file and press open

7) A file window confirms that the file was patch. You can now play moemon from the Renamed Rom.

note- Save files are generally compatible across updates.

Edit:

Will insert Misdreavus and many other as rare encounters. Most routes will have a rare encounter now.

2LLkqrH.png

Edited by Septentrion
22 hours ago, Septentrion said:

I don't know what instructions you were following. I will likely have patching instructions in the next update though, so here I go.

1) You need LunarIPS.exe, Pokemon - Fire Red (U) (Squirrels).gba , and the Moemon IPS file

2) Copy Pokemon - Fire Red (U) (Squirrels).gba and rename the COPY

3) Run Lunar IPS

4) Select the "Apply UPS Patch"(not Create)

5) The first window asks you to "Select IPS File to Use" - Slect the Moemon IPS file and press open

6) The Second window asks you "Select Fi,e to Patch" - Select the Renamed Copy GBA file and press open

7) A file window confirms that the file was patch. You can now play moemon from the Renamed Rom.

note- Save files are generally compatible across updates.

Edit:

Will insert Misdreavus and many other as rare encounters. Most routes will have a rare encounter now.

2LLkqrH.png

when will the rare counters be installed 

Food for thought with Sinnoh:

Spoiler

idto1CN.png

New backsprites haven't been going well for me. I tried making a backsprite for non-existent Mega Ampharous. I'm better off trying to improve Mega Beedrill.

At least I can make icons. There's actually four I need to make.

21 minutes ago, rosemoonangel said:

when will the rare counters be installed 

I will post the new IPS in about three or four days. It's only up until about the surfing routes. There's already ralts, but most won't be super popular mons.