Mega Moemon Firered (1.4c), August2023

8 hours ago, ArmoredCat said:

Backsprites are so hard to do. :(

EDIT:

wmWJZtM.png

IDK.

They are hard, but you're getting by just well.

Also, Granbull was liked by Moetal, so I guess she might be going in.

Edit: I tried to make Remoraid decent. That's the only thing stopping her. How's my caudal fins? I really want to make sure they look like there belong, quality-wise.

DpV3PJG.png

Edited by Septentrion
2 hours ago, Septentrion said:

but you're getting by just well.

Thanks!

Also, Granbull was liked by Moetal, so I guess she might be going in.

Just make sure you check her color palette if you're going to insert her, (I tend to break a lot of things while I'm working).

Edit: I tried to make Remoraid decent. That's the only thing stopping her. How's my caudal fins? I really want to make sure they look like there belong, quality-wise.

DpV3PJG.png

she looks less lewd which is a good thing (seriously, I don't want to go to jail just because I'm trying to capture her). her caudal fins looks alright but might need some improvement.

And I think I'm already giving up on shelgon lol.

3 hours ago, ToasterGeneral said:

Hey, quick question. How do I evolve eevee to be espeon or umbreon in this game?

It's possible in Firered. The lack of happiness check is rather bothersome.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Time#Generation_III

2 hours ago, ArmoredCat said:

Just make sure you check her color palette if you're going to insert her, (I tend to break a lot of things while I'm working).

lol, I've inserted so many things. Don't worry. I got this.

What I got to worry about is basic programming stuff I got to do soon. Also, I found a new text bug while not knowing how to Sevii.

3 hours ago, ArmoredCat said:

her caudal fins looks alright but might need some improvement.

I was thinking about making the top part bigger.

Recently, I noticed Torkoal has no evolutionary family, so she's going in. Mew will be in this as well(that is all I'm saying). Kanto starters second forms will be "in the grass."

20 minutes ago, ToasterGeneral said:

Did you mean impossible?  The link says you can't do it in Firered/Leafgreen like I was thinking.

I think I just discovered the game crashes when you attain eevee's happiness condition when leveling up. Okay, that's another thing I have to worry about for the update.

15 hours ago, BrawlFan1 said:

Is there perhaps a list of the Gameplay challenges in the rom listed somewhere that I'm not seeing? I'm playing the game and my Pokes stop listening to my commands upon reaching level 11. And I want to be sure that this is something intentional for the rom or not. 

6 hours ago, istupidguy said:

When I downloaded the ips patched and patched the game with it, all appears fine until my moemon reaches level 11, then they start disobeying me. Looks like every moemon i catch is traded? They gain boosted experience too.

i didn't have that problem

9 hours ago, istupidguy said:

When I downloaded the ips patched and patched the game with it, all appears fine until my moemon reaches level 11, then they start disobeying me. Looks like every moemon i catch is traded? They gain boosted experience too.

18 hours ago, BrawlFan1 said:

Is there perhaps a list of the Gameplay challenges in the rom listed somewhere that I'm not seeing? I'm playing the game and my Pokes stop listening to my commands upon reaching level 11. And I want to be sure that this is something intentional for the rom or not. 

Either the wrong firered ROM was used, or some cheatcode got left on. Have you read the readme? Usually problems with Wrong ROMs start earlier than that so I don't know. Are you using an usual emulator?

This hack has been out for a month, so it's an odd report given how many people reach level 11 long ago.

15 hours ago, Scotticas said:

thanks but all it did was make a notepad file I cant use on the visual boy, did I do something wrong?

You're probably talking about a log file. The ROM get overwritten and becomes the Hack.

@ArmoredCat

That's a cat with potential.

-------------------------LINEBREAK-----------------

Espeon and Umbreon are probably switching to Sun and Moon Stone with the new bug discovered. As for the many other moemon with no canon in-game method of evolution, I'm tempted to name the new evolution stone Milf Stone or Thicc Stone.

2Ijr3ZU.png

Shiny because that's the one I started editing the fins on. Anyone has anything specific to say or do?

Also, if Moetal's blazikin and my latios gets finished, I'll look into updating Emerald. I don't think the drive has my lousy latios backsprite. There'll be nothing special about the Moemon Emerald other than being having major sprite updates.

Edited by Septentrion

So a strange thing started happening after I spammed slots in Celadon for Dratini.

At the end of every second battle in an area, not the first, the second, the game crashes. I used the logger to get this:

Illegal byte write: 08 to 08a10331 from 08a1034a

What's even more weird is that it remembers. So if I go to some route, battle once, leave, come back, battle again, it will still crash. I can also save, close, restart, and it does the same thing. But the first battle in any area is fine. Both trainers and wild pokemon are affected. This first started happening after battling the rocket grunt in the game center.

This is likely something breaking on my end but it might be something for you guys idk.

Edited by Rioku
9 hours ago, Septentrion said:

Milf Stone or Thicc Stone

Why not Thicc milf stone? hehehe.

9 hours ago, Septentrion said:

2Ijr3ZU.png

Shiny because that's the one I started editing the fins on. Anyone has anything specific to say or do?

Looks much better.

Just wondering, is there gonna be a special event to encounter legendary pokemon like giratina or kyogre? (after we complete their sprite and implement them in the game) or do you just find them randomly in the grass? 

EDIT:

e5ERzls.png09r54hh.pngYE9ySC0.png

Just a test.

Edited by ArmoredCat
10 hours ago, Septentrion said:

Either the wrong firered ROM was used, or some cheatcode got left on. Have you read the readme? Usually problems with Wrong ROMs start earlier than that so I don't know. Are you using an usual emulator?

It may be that I'm using OpenEmu on Mac. But the odd thing is that it's only this Rom that this happens with. I tested this with other IPS patches for FireRed and none of them do this. I didn't add anything extra, I just patched the IPS for Mega Mormon straight to a Clean v 1.0 of FireRed.

Ok I think I actually found the issue. Even though I used the exact named emulator you listed in the ReadMe, there appears to be a rom floating around with that file name that either has some kind of issue or is just a different rom with the same name. I hunted a little deeper into the net and found a different download site with the same named FireRed Squirrel rom than the one I initially found, and now it's working just fine. So I don't know, I'm going to just assume that that's what's going on.

Someone called MrLagger is trying to make a full moemon game. Unfortunately he distributes GBA files of moemon (and not even good ones). I can link because of that, but I am interested in projects like that.

18 hours ago, BrawlFan1 said:

ere appears to be a rom floating around with that file name that either has some kind of issue or is just a different rom with the same name.

This is beginning to get over my head. I can only cover a problem like this with the Readme, which is getting huge. The CRC32 hash is DD88761c for the Firered Rom. I don't want to have a course in computer science embedded into the Readme.

On 1/25/2018 at 4:56 PM, laGashetaHardcore said:

Little Edit

RxkxNAv.png

You got to make more edits after duplicating a column.

Edit:

@ArmoredCat

19 hours ago, ArmoredCat said:

Why not Thicc milf stone? hehehe.

Character Limit.

Edited by Septentrion
On 2/5/2018 at 5:22 PM, ljsauk said:

Is there a way to evolve pokemon like Haunter or Machoke which require trading?  When I completed a trade with my haunter, it didn't evolve.  

Reveal hidden contents

EDIT: Jk I just got it to level 40

Did you manage to set up a link? That's quite undertested, and mega-evolution will likely break the battles. It might have more bugs.

I'm putting in another mart for late game evolutions so level ups aren't required. It'll probably be Cinnabar Island's mart. I'm thinking the 18th might have an update. I'll have to make an evolution.txt as I transition evolutions to stones.

I'll focus a bit on the postgame afterwards.

5 hours ago, Septentrion said:

Did you manage to set up a link? That's quite undertested, and mega-evolution will likely break the battles. It might have more bugs.

I'm putting in another mart for late game evolutions so level ups aren't required. It'll probably be Cinnabar Island's mart. I'm thinking the 18th might have an update. I'll have to make an evolution.txt as I transition evolutions to stones.

I'll focus a bit on the postgame afterwards.

Yeah, I used Myboy to run two emulations at once and linked them.  Trading actually worked perfectly fine, everything was usable after the trade.  

Hi. Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I just downloaded the patch to try it out, and It seems to work okay. However, I noticed that the game still uses the term "Pokemon" instead of "Moemon" in the in-game text. Are you going to change that at some point? Otherwise, it looks good so far.

18 hours ago, sdw7sm said:

Hi. Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I just downloaded the patch to try it out, and It seems to work okay. However, I noticed that the game still uses the term "Pokemon" instead of "Moemon" in the in-game text. Are you going to change that at some point? Otherwise, it looks good so far.

It'll require either lots of manual editing, or a tools that can replace all instances of a word with a word of shorter length. I could do it with "gijinka" and it would actually be more accurate than moemon. The grown women don't qualify as moe.

I've always just thought the humans inhabitant just did everything possible to avoid coming to terms about pokemon being people.