Event Reward

Raederz

Question

Some suggestions about event rewards.

____

Perfect comps

I see no reason why shiny gifts are still not perfect comps.

A perfect comp is worth maybe 1m, nothing hard to grind for any end game player.

That makes a common thing better than a 1st place reward from a tournament ?

I see only pro no cons for that. You may find fake-cons like "economic impact" bla bla bla, but well, now that I know the game better, I know it's full bullshit.

Shiny gifts have an extremely low impact on shiny market, and even if we take it in account, the only impact is about the specie, not about the nature/iv choice, not event about being comp or not, so, allow +6 iv in secondary stats shouldnt be anything. Also, it is DEFINITELY a good change for the competitive aspect.

Please keep it in mind : 5(/6)*30/31 are not "huge reward". They are necessary to make the reward legit.

____

OT Squirtle

"Retroactive" suggestion

There should be a part in support request to ask to have your old OT Squirtle pokemons (gift or not) turned to OT Event Reward, so this may become a real thing

May be some work the first days, but that may help regarding the next suggestion. Also that makes it easier to understand for new players.

____

Event Reward stat changer

Add an NPC in Vermillon City (or anywhere else)

This NPC will help you to reset your OT Event Reward.

Exemple on how it could be :

Spoiler

8bdec33e4857409483607b01346ce23b.png

Condition would be :

- OT = Event Reward (now you understand the "OT Squirtle" part)

AND

- Use a shiny shard (or any other name for this, just an item to use)

How to get shiny shards ? 3 ways :

-> Community Combat top 1 (or top 2 ?)

-> Every other event top 4

-> 500RP

tradeable

This will also be the NPC who let you "collect" your event reward if you get one, having at the same time the choice on the moves and stats.

So the best you are during events, the less your event rewards are scout-able

Also make it retroactive for all the current 2*31 4*25 to be perfect comps, regarding the first part of this suggestion thread.

And also make it easier to deliver event rewards, and no problem anymore on the egg moves thing (not relearnable currently)

12 answers to this question

I liked that "shards"  part, beeing like  a spoils system, which would be nice get a non-shiny comp

Officials

1st place (gift shiny, u dont need anything else kek+ 2 shards)

2nd place: 2 shards

3,4th places: 1 shard

CC: 2, 1, 1, 1 shards respectively

Creating comps system (just imo, would be like)

Perfect comp (6x30-31, hp customisable) : 6 shards

Perfect comp (5x30-31): 5 shards

Average comp (2x30-31, 4x24-25, hp customisable): 4 shards

Average comp (2x31, 4x25, no hp): 3 shards

All not shiny ofc

7 minutes ago, Risadex said:

I liked that "shards"  part, beeing like  a spoils system, which would be nice get a non-shiny comp

Officials

1st place (gift shiny, u dont need anything else kek+ 2 shards)

2nd place: 2 shards

3,4th places: 1 shard

CC: 2, 1, 1, 1 shards respectively

Creating comps system (just imo, would be like)

Perfect comp (6x30-31, hp customisable) : 6 shards

Perfect comp (5x30-31): 5 shards

Average comp (2x30-31, 4x24-25, hp customisable): 4 shards

Average comp (2x31, 4x25, no hp): 3 shards

All not shiny ofc

That's supposed to be only on shiny gifts tho, making them different as usual comps (more than just by the color, which is just considered as an "easy scout" as I heard)

The screen is just here to understand what the NPC can do, dont pay attention to the pokemon.

So, you just clic the case at the top, you select your shiny "OT Event Reward" and you clic the + - on the iv, you select nature and move, and, when you click "save", you recieve a pop up "This operation will cost 1 Shiny Shard" clic Ok and it's done.

The main purpose is to remove the "scoutable" problem, I dont want any alternative to the current breeding system. That may be bad for many reasons

1 minute ago, Raederz said:

That's supposed to be only on shiny gifts tho, making them different as usual comps (more than just by the color, which is just considered as an "easy scout" as I heard)

The screen is just here to understand what the NPC can do, dont pay attention to the pokemon.

So, you just clic the case at the top, you select your shiny "OT Event Reward" and you clic the + - on the iv, you select nature and move, and, when you click "save", you recieve a pop up "This operation will cost 1 Shiny Shard" clic Ok and it's done.

The main purpose is to remove the "scoutable" problem, I dont want any alternative to the current breeding system. That may be bad for many reasons

Yeah I got what u said, would be a great idea for all gift shinies, but I just think staff would want have a niche to implement a npc like that (considering the effort they give to comp players shiny system .-.)

So if it helps the whole comp community instead of those 1/64 or 1/ 128 they prob had more reasons to implement that.

7 minutes ago, Risadex said:

Yeah I got what u said, would be a great idea for all gift shinies, but I just think staff would want have a niche to implement a npc like that (considering the effort they give to comp players shiny system .-.)

So if it helps the whole comp community instead of those 1/64 or 1/ 128 they prob had more reasons to implement that.

The prize is only for the 1/64 but it's also the reason for the 63/64 to join and make the 64 possible

I honestly hate that shiny gifts are static 2x31 4x25, imo they should all be fully customizable, for different reasons. As of know it seems that the only reason a person should use a shiny comp over a regular perfect comp in tournaments is aesthetics, which kinda sucks.

1- If you win a shiny comp "wall" you have to choose between losing some bulk by having 25 HP or Def/Sp Def or risk losing potential speed ties by having 25 Speed.

2- Hidden Power: All shiny gifts come with HP Dark which never sees use in competitive play. Special sweepers like Alakazam, Kingdra, Exeggutor, etc all need a specific Hidden Power so they have better coverage and increase their chances of sweeping.

3- Belly Drummers: Not that important but still some drummers need a specific HP IV to be able to activate Salac after a Substitute+Drum, either that or they need to replace some Attack EVs into HP ones so they reach that desired stat.

There are also Substitute+Flail/Reserval Pokes to keep in mind for this.

4- Endeavor / Life Orb users - Both benefit from having a specific HP IV too.

And ffs give us relearnable egg moves for shiny prizes.

On 03/07/2017 at 0:35 PM, Raederz said:

Some suggestions about event rewards.

____

Perfect comps

I see no reason why shiny gifts are still not perfect comps.

A perfect comp is worth maybe 1m, nothing hard to grind for any end game player.

That makes a common thing better than a 1st place reward from a tournament ?

I see only pro no cons for that. You may find fake-cons like "economic impact" bla bla bla, but well, now that I know the game better, I know it's full bullshit.

Shiny gifts have an extremely low impact on shiny market, and even if we take it in account, the only impact is about the specie, not about the nature/iv choice, not event about being comp or not, so, allow +6 iv in secondary stats shouldnt be anything. Also, it is DEFINITELY a good change for the competitive aspect.

Please keep it in mind : 5(/6)*30/31 are not "huge reward". They are necessary to make the reward legit.

____

OT Squirtle

"Retroactive" suggestion

There should be a part in support request to ask to have your old OT Squirtle pokemons (gift or not) turned to OT Event Reward, so this may become a real thing

May be some work the first days, but that may help regarding the next suggestion. Also that makes it easier to understand for new players.

____

Event Reward stat changer

Add an NPC in Vermillon City (or anywhere else)

This NPC will help you to reset your OT Event Reward.

Exemple on how it could be :

Reveal hidden contents

8bdec33e4857409483607b01346ce23b.png

Condition would be :

- OT = Event Reward (now you understand the "OT Squirtle" part)

AND

- Use a shiny shard (or any other name for this, just an item to use)

How to get shiny shards ? 3 ways :

-> Community Combat top 1 (or top 2 ?)

-> Every other event top 4

-> 500RP

tradeable

This will also be the NPC who let you "collect" your event reward if you get one, having at the same time the choice on the moves and stats.

So the best you are during events, the less your event rewards are scout-able

Also make it retroactive for all the current 2*31 4*25 to be perfect comps, regarding the first part of this suggestion thread.

And also make it easier to deliver event rewards, and no problem anymore on the egg moves thing (not relearnable currently)

I agree on everything besides the shiny shard, just no. Shinies should remain unique to those who win tournaments, that's why they are a reward. I do agree they should be perfect or near perfect AND ALWAYS with a HIDDEN POWER, it's ridiculous how tournaments dont get hidden power but those catch events get.

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

I agree on everything besides the shiny shard, just no. Shinies should remain unique to those who win tournaments, that's why they are a reward. I do agree they should be perfect or near perfect AND ALWAYS with a HIDDEN POWER, it's ridiculous how tournaments dont get hidden power but those catch events get.

Maybe you should read it again because it sounds like you agree to it. Shiny Shards dont let you get a shiny, just "edit" the one you got when you won an event before.

It's usefull because it let you choose your hidden power if you're part of all these gift owers who never had this choice, and also let you change your moveset if you want to use it without getting scouted (all this not for free btw, which is why I suggeted this "shiny shard" thing. Btw, if you read "how to get shards" you can see it's still event related, maybe you disagree with the "500RP" which is just a suggestion)

16 minutes ago, Raederz said:

Maybe you should read it again because it sounds like you agree to it. Shiny Shards dont let you get a shiny, just "edit" the one you got when you won an event before.

It's usefull because it let you choose your hidden power if you're part of all these gift owers who never had this choice, and also let you change your moveset if you want to use it without getting scouted (all this not for free btw, which is why I suggeted this "shiny shard" thing. Btw, if you read "how to get shards" you can see it's still event related, maybe you disagree with the "500RP" which is just a suggestion)

oh I see, that way I do agree with you, I misunderstood. If it just applies to GIFT shiny pokemon, then yeah I agree with you, that should be an option definitely. Using shiny in tournament is never good either way, and if those shards cost upwards of 1 or 2m each, it will not be viable for stat swamping mid tournament with, but that's not your problem, that's whoever is using the shiny, problem. With that said, I do agree. 500rp, yeah nah, sounds to cheap, and unrewarding for the tournaments that way.