Can My IRL business sponser a PokeMMO player/team?

Murcielago

Serious question,

perks would involve free private forum, free email account that you can use with Pop/Imap, and additionally some ways to make IRL coin or promotional products that DOES NOT IN ANY WAY involve RMT or anything like that WHATSOEVER.

Basically there could potentially be IRL perks to players/teams... Also there wouldn't be spamming or anything like that.

Does this violate the rules?

edit not to spam:

Keep in mind things like this would be a two way street.. you would get some additional exposure urself.

Edited by Murcielago
29 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

Serious question,

perks would involve free private forum, free email account that you can use with Pop/Imap, and additionally some ways to make IRL coin or promotional products that DOES NOT IN ANY WAY involve RMT or anything like that WHATSOEVER.

Basically there could potentially be IRL perks to players/teams... Also there wouldn't be spamming or anything like that.

edit not to spam:

Keep in mind things like this would be a two way street.. you would get some additional exposure urself.

If your profiting from it with real life stuff, I could be wrong, but I don't think that is allowed. Your only allowed to profit in game if your service is provided in game. Your not allowed to profit outside the game for trading an in game commodity.

0c60a3761f581b2cc5e27e4ef4750c22.png

@Bestfriends

Yeah nothing I'm thinking of actually violates the rules... its a question of whether or not an actual "sponsership" is allowed or not... for example... your royrodgers news channel is sponsering you with free advertisement in your signature... this is the level of things I am thinking of... the IRL coin wouldn't even necessarily be part of it... that would be more of a business networking perk... which as long as its not talked about on here I cannot see a problem with...  This is all just ideas and if they are even practical or not, and I want to make sure I don't get banned for something that is misunderstood vs. actually being RMT.

... Seems like I am answering my own question, the only difference between what I am thinking... and what BF is doing is that the YT in question wouldn't be pokemon exclusive but more of a "personal channel"...

Edited by Murcielago
5 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

@Bestfriends

Yeah nothing I'm thinking of actually violates the rules... its a question of whether or not an actual "sponsership" is allowed or not... for example... your royrodgers news channel is sponsering you with free advertisement in your signature... this is the level of things I am thinking of... the IRL coin wouldn't even necessarily be part of it... that would be more of a business networking perk... which as long as its not talked about on here I cannot see a problem with...  This is all just ideas and if they are even practical or not, and I want to make sure I don't get banned for something that is misunderstood vs. actually being RMT.

... Seems like I am answering my own question, the only difference between what I am thinking... and what BF is doing is that the YT in question wouldn't be pokemon exclusive but more of a "personal channel"...

If you want, you can PM a Game Master to check to see if this is allowed or not. I don't want to answer for them at this point.

3 hours ago, fredrichnietze said:

damn you really want to get back into LYLE that bad huh?

no, this has nothing to do with me "bribing" anyone or winning anyone over... this is a theoretical debate regarding the "legality" if you will of posting external links onto this forum and to where the lines between what is allowed and isn't is drawn.

It never ceases to amaze me how differently many of your minds work than my own.... from what constitutes "funny" to how you perceive my posts and the lines and conclusions you make regarding my intentions... Many of you are as off beat as you are predictable...

Regardless, I consider this "brainstorming" session to be effective and my conclusion is that posting pokemon related content on this forum shouldn't be an issue... lets leave any "real money" out of the equation all together simply to eliminate any confusion...  essentially @Bestfriends has set a pretty good precedent as far as what would and wouldn't be allowed as far as YT content... and linking and posting it here...

Thanks to all who posted :)

5 hours ago, Murcielago said:

Serious question,

edit not to spam:

In the strictest interpretation of the ToS, no, I don't think it'd be allowed since sponsorships imply a commercial partnership and it'd violate CoC 2/d/II. But, the intention of the rule was to disallow in-game item <> out-of-game payments, not for it to prevent partnership between players. Solicitation / advertisement also requires permission as defined by CoC 1/d, but as long as it's not involved with something else which violates the rules (e.g. criminal activity, gambling, sexual, or something hateful) and you're not obnoxious about it, I don't think we'd really care.

This type of situation is a grey area which needs discussed between the GMs, though. Please mail me at [email protected] with a more detailed summary on what you're trying to do and I'll bring it up with the rule makers.

• Kyu locked this topic