Relearnable egg moves for gift shinies

OrangeManiac

Question

As we all know, a major downside to competitive gift shinies is the fact that they're easily scouted (such as nature and IVs) and this is a major disadvantage in any battle. To a big extent we can't avoid this and that's fair enough. However, there's a one problem I think could and should be addressed. When the tournament system spawns you a shiny with 2 moves of your choice, if you select egg moves they aren't relearnable. This is kind of a bummer and makes your competitive shiny even more easily scoutable since you can't even customize the moveset again. You either stay with the egg move forever or you lose it forever. I think the system could be tweaked that when you pick egg moves for your prize shiny, they would automatically become relearnable like egg moves in general are.

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Noad said:

This is something staff has requested a few times now along with Hidden Power available for ACP prizes. As far as I am aware it is on a list of things to do but currently the new region is the main focus for Developers (or so I have been told). 

Alright, sounds good.