Bitcoin Tourney Thread Deleted: No Explanation

Xatu

Just now, Xatu said:

I didnt break any rules.  So no.  

What your argument is basically is 

"stabbing animals is ok so stabbing people is also ok because I don't see any documentation saying otherwise" 

Just now, PlazmaX said:

What your argument is basically is 

"stabbing animals is ok so stabbing people is also ok because I don't see any documentation saying otherwise" 

Lol that has to be the worst comparison i have ever read in my life.  You only want me banned because you dont like me or something.  I did nothing bannable.  Now here you are flaming and shitposting and suggesting staff ban another member. 

4 minutes ago, Xatu said:

You literally cannot tell me not to do something when there is no rule forbidding it.

They can, their service, their rules.

4 minutes ago, Xatu said:

I can have my attorney on the phone in a few minutes if you would like to speak with him.  

i cAn HavE mY aTtOrNey On THe pHonE iN A fEw mInUTes If yOU WOuld lIKe tO sPEaK WIth hiM. 

Just now, Xatu said:

Lol that has to be the worst comparison i have ever read in my life.  You only want me banned because you dont like me or something.  I did nothing bannable.  Now here you are flaming and shitposting and suggesting staff ban another member. 

Yes that's correct except you're saying that scamming people's real money is ok because it doesn't say I cant

"Performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the game"

I'm sorry, but for me performing in game battles can be taken as "in game service" since PokeMMO is providing it. Thus, gathering payment outside the game- aka bitcoins can be taken as payment outside the game- players are playing to take real money.

It's serious issue and if SGM of our game just told you we will not allow it as it's a really dangerous part of gambling that can back fire at pokemmo, it's best for you to just listen. 

Edit- which basically means that we will not allow using pokemmo forum to hold in game real money gambling. 
  game

Just now, PlazmaX said:

Yes that's correct except you're saying that scamming people's real money is ok because it doesn't say I cant

I woudlnt be scamming anyone.  Why would i do that?  I want people to have fun and to win something for their skill.  Maybe you arent an honest person and would scam but i would not.  And even if I did, well then there goes whatever chance i had of hosting events like this.  Clearly something I dont want to have happen.

If i wanted to scam people i would steal credit card numbers and shit like that, not damage my reputation in the only game i play.

3 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

They can, their service, their rules.

i cAn HavE mY aTtOrNey On THe pHonE iN A fEw mInUTes If yOU WOuld lIKe tO sPEaK WIth hiM. 

https://pokemmo.eu/code_of_conduct/   Heres the rules.  I signed it and agreed to it.  Anything I'm not allowed to do should be on here.  

1 minute ago, Bearminator said:

"Performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the game"

I'm sorry, but for me performing in game battles can be taken as "in game service" since PokeMMO is providing it. Thus, gathering payment outside the game- aka bitcoins can be taken as payment outside the game- players are playing to take real money.

It's serious issue and if SGM of our game just told you we will not allow it as it's a really dangerous part of gambling that can back fire at pokemmo, it's best for you to just listen. 

Edit- which basically means that we will not allow using pokemmo forum to hold in game real money gambling. 
  game

Its not gambling!!!!  Gambling is when you play a game of LUCK for $$$$.  This is a game os SKILL.  Ever been to a video game tournament?  Notice how like 10 year olds enter????  Thius is because IT IS NOT GAMBLING IS A MATCH OF SKILL.

This si like saying going to a soccer tournament is gambling.

Just now, Xatu said:

I woudlnt be scamming anyone.  Why would i do that?  I want people to have fun and to win something for their skill.  Maybe you arent an honest person and would scam but i would not.  And even if I did, well then there goes whatever chance i had of hosting events like this.  Clearly something I dont want to have happen.

If i wanted to scam people i would steal credit card numbers and shit like that, not damage my reputation in the only game i play.

https://pokemmo.eu/code_of_conduct/   Heres the rules.  I signed it and agreed to it.  Anything I'm not allowed to do should be on here.  

No if you scammed you'd be banned, and you expect people to trust you because you said to

@Xatu

In the terms of service, it literally says that PokeMMO owns everything (even your account and all your progress, etc). So if staff members tell you you can't do something, then you can't do it without consequences.

Also: "PokeMMO may suspend, modify, or delete any Account related to PokeMMO's Services at any time for any reason, or no reason, with or without notice to You, for any amount of time"

So regardless of "gambling real world money" being in the ToS, if staff says that you can't do it, then you are safe to assume that you will be banned for doing so.

You should really read the ToS (also, don't confuse the Code of Conduct for the ToS).

Just now, Xatu said:

I woudlnt be scamming anyone.  Why would i do that?

Because why would Mr. Lives in a car and is too poor for anything, be scamming for money?

Just now, Xatu said:

Its not gambling!!!!  Gambling is when you play a game of LUCK for $$$$.  This is a game os SKILL.  Ever been to a video game tournament?  Notice how like 10 year olds enter????  Thius is because IT IS NOT GAMBLING IS A MATCH OF SKILL.

Like 95% of the game is RNG lol, do you even fucking play?

The e-sports argument doesn't hold because in any e-sports game, players themselves aren't investing their own money to participate.

To require an actual money participation cost to fund an unofficial event is a terrible idea.

The risk of scam or accidents outweighs the pros by a large margin.

From the staff's perspective, not allowing such an event is to protect their players.

On a seperate note: I wouldn't believe a huge official tournament (Masters series for example) to have a real currency reward to be a bad idea per se.

It's just that requiring a participation fee alongside of it being handled by someone with no authority is a bad idea

2 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Sorry for double post, but These are not the rules (at least not all of them).

The rules are shown to you when you first log into the game, or when they change. It is far more comprehensive than the Code of Conduct.

The Xatu cycle:

Step 1: Create a controversial or very unrealistic idea about the game

Step 2: Get community and staff explain why said idea isn't a very good idea

Step 3: Argue back and assume everyone are just idiots for not realizing the greatness in this suggestion

Step 4: Get community still point out that the suggestion is not good, while someone uses a little snark in the comment

Step 5: Get triggered and start to flame anyone who disagrees with you

Step 6: Get staff lock the derailed thread.

And repeat.

3 minutes ago, Xatu said:

This si like saying going to a soccer tournament is gambling.

My point still stands. It's still using our services for not moderated form of gathering currency. Whenever we would or not make such tournament with real money is other discussion, but we can't and we will not allow players to use our forum for advertising event that can possibly scam our players out of real money. 

I'm sorry, but it's not discussion that can convince us to change mind. It's statement. 

• Rache locked this topic