Bitcoin Tourney Thread Deleted: No Explanation

Xatu

II didnt break any of the rules.  If players want to risk their 0.00186 BTC both in the match and by giving it to me then its their fault if they lose it or are scammed.  This would only be damaging my reputation and I only want people to HAVE FUN.

You may not exploit the game or any of its parts for any commercial purpose, including but not limited to:

I WAS MAKING NO MONEY

Gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale outside the Game (commonly known as "Real Money Trading");

Wasnt Doing this.

Performing in-game services in exchange for payment outside the game; and

Wasnt doing this either.

There is nothing wrong with having a tournament with a real world entry.  It is good for the community as we already have many players who take it seriously.   It is a skill based game and there is nothing illegal about entering a tournament, wagering your skill against another player.  In fact, in the world of eSports.  This is how EVERY tournament takes place.  By not allowing us to up the ante for our skill you are severally limiting the potential of this game.  

Edited by Xatu
2 minutes ago, RacheLucario said:

If you would like to host any sort of wager matches, please keep it to in-game currency only. Using other currencies is a grey area, and one that we'd rather not allow.

If there is nothing mentioning this in your ToC then I am allowed to do so.  

Its not a "grey area" its a white area.  You have no rules disallowing it, it breaks 0 laws.  

Now if you did add something about this to the ToC then you are basically nerfing the game for no reason.  Pretty much saying "fuck you eSports players".  Its not illegal and it should be allowed.  Hype = good.  You want people to have a good taste in their mouth.  If people want to wager a cryptocurrency that legally isnt considered real currency then let them.  

Just now, OrangeManiac said:

I honestly can't believe the staff has the patience to deal with your shit.

I honestly can't believe that your snarky childish attitude garners you any sort of respect from the community.  

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

Its not a "grey area" its a white area.  You have no rules disallowing it, it breaks 0 laws.  

Now if you did add something about this to the ToC then you are basically nerfing the game for no reason.  Pretty much saying "fuck you eSports players".  Its not illegal and it should be allowed.  Hype = good.  You want people to have a good taste in their mouth.  If people want to wager a cryptocurrency that legally isnt considered real currency then let them.  

Why are you arguing with staff nobody was gonna join you anyways

Just now, PlazmaX said:

Why are you arguing with staff nobody was gonna join you anyways

That isnt an argument.  I was simply stating facts.  

Also way to speak for an entire playerbase bro.  

Just now, Xatu said:

That isnt an argument.  I was simply stating facts.  

Also way to speak for an entire playerbase bro.  

Nobody is going to spend bitcoin in mmo also about you saying you aren't making money,

if each player spends 5$ in bitcoin and the winner gets 10 then that means if they're more then 2 people you make profit

sorry if math wrong blame @notmudkip0

Just now, PlazmaX said:

Nobody is going to spend bitcoin in mmo also about you saying you aren't making money,

if each player spends 5$ in bitcoin and the winner gets 10 then that means if they're more then 2 people you make profit

sorry if math wrong blame @notmudkip0

You clearly didnt read the thread.  

The tourney works with pods of 2 ONLY.

2 people bet $5.  1 person gets $10.  

9 minutes ago, Xatu said:

It's a grey area in the sense that it is borderline and let's say you scammed players that would join you in your tournament, how would we deal with that?

This is a 3d party system that we can't control and I suppose we would rather not expose our forum users to this.

9 minutes ago, Xatu said:

If we're going by the document, there is a rule saying you should follow PokeMMO's Volunteers' instructions.

Just now, Perreh said:

It's a grey area in the sense that it is borderline and let's say you scammed players that would join you in your tournament, how would we deal with that?

This is a 3d party system that we can't control and I suppose we would rather not expose our forum users to this.

The same way you would deal with a player who lends a mon and never returns it.  Nothing.

The player is putting their trust in me when they trnasfer the funds.  Lets say I fuck them over.  Well, then nobody is gonna send me wagers anymore huh?  The problem fixes itself.

The fact is, I WOULD award the winnings.  I have no reason not to.  I WANT people to play in this format.  "Scamming" would simply damage my reputation and my ability to throw fun events.

4 minutes ago, Perreh said:

If we're going by the document, there is a rule saying you should follow PokeMMO's Volunteers' instructions.

would you deal with a scam if its ingame currency then ?

Just now, Xatu said:

The same way you would deal with a player who lends a mon and never returns it.  Nothing.

pixels =/= real money

Just now, Xatu said:

The fact is, I WOULD award the winnings.  I have no reason not to.  I WANT people to play in this format.  "Scamming" would simply damage my reputation and my ability to throw fun events.

Anyone could say they'll pay it back, there's no sure way of knowing they will or not.

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

The player is putting their trust in me when they trnasfer the funds.  Lets say I fuck them over.  Well, then nobody is gonna send me wagers anymore huh?  The problem fixes itself.

You're comparing stealing a Pokémon to stealing actual money ?????????????

Just now, Xatu said:

But we are talking about real money, and not something that is generated by PokeMMO. It's completely different. When you steal a pokemon in game, it isn't illegal. When you scam and steal money, that is illegal.

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

This is not a fact. You are simply asking us to trust you, which obviously we can't (I literally wouldn't trust anyone in PokeMMO to do this).

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

You're free to do this with in-game currency, as Rachel said previously. This isn't exactly an argument.

Just now, Perreh said:

You're free to do this with in-game currency, as Rachel said previously. This isn't exactly an argument.

I should be allowed to wager real life money too heres why.  

The ToC doesnt forbid it and that is a legally binding document.  You literally cannot tell me not to do something when there is no rule forbidding it.  I can have my attorney on the phone in a few minutes if you would like to speak with him.  

If you guys feel so adamant about preventing me from doing this then there HAS to be something formally written preventing me from doing so.  Otherwise I am free to do as I please.  The transfer of funds is inbetween me and the other player ONLY. 

Just now, Xatu said:

I should be allowed to wager real life money too heres why.  

The ToC doesnt forbid it and that is a legally binding document.  You literally cannot tell me not to do something when there is no rule forbidding it.  I can have my attorney on the phone in a few minutes if you would like to speak with him.  

If you guys feel so adamant about preventing me from doing this then there HAS to be something formally written preventing me from doing so.  Otherwise I am free to do as I please.  The transfer of funds is inbetween me and the other player ONLY. 

I bet you think sans is ness too uguu 

can we ban him yet ????