[Video] Roy Rogers Inc (Official Forums Page)

Roy Rogers Inc's feedback questions.  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which channel do you watch the most?

• Roy Rogers News
    • Roy Rogers Tutorial (Rest In Peace)
    • Roy Rogers Walkthrough (Rest In Peace)
    • Roy Rogers Life (Rest In Peace)
    • Roy Rogers News (for PSL purposes)
  2. 2. Are your satisfied with the overall performance of the channel you watch?

• Yes
    • No (if not, I would like for you to tell me how I can improve the channel in question)
  3. 3. Should Roy Rogers Inc look into introducing co-hosts for the channel you watch?

• Yes
    • No

Roy Rogers Incorporated (Official Forums Page)

Roy Rogers News

Good day everyone, I hope you all are doing well! I would like to announce that Roy Rogers Inc is now going to have an official forums thread! I've always wanted to do this because I feel that this move can help me better connect to you as a viewer. Sometimes, I may make a comment here, but then make the same statement on a future Headline video. I feel that it is important for YouTubers to create a bond between them and their viewers. This is kind of my way of communicating to my viewers directly and when I make the announcements, people can quote me and ask for questions and improvements. 

Roy Rogers Inc's Channel Lineup (click the channel's to go directly to that channel's YouTube page):

Spoiler

The descriptions for my main channel:

Spoiler

Roy Rogers News: "Dear viewers, My name is Roy Rogers and welcome to my channel! I try to cover PokeMMO headlines diligently! My motto is FAST! ACCURATE! UNBIASED! The Roy Rogers News channel cover Headlines, Tournaments, and Update Reportage! Enjoy watching the headlines unfold about your favourite online Pokemon game!"

The slogan of my channel:

Spoiler

Roy Rogers News: FAST! ACCURATE! UNBIASED! ROY ROGERS NEWS!

My channel's promo video:

Spoiler

Roy Rogers News:

Spoiler

Edited by Bestfriends
Restructuring
1 hour ago, Zehkar said:

Roy Rogers News is the best by far, you should look into making Noad your permanent co-host

I would be love to work with her again. I need to run that by her though to see if she is up for it.

2 hours ago, Murcielago said:

I think u should merge your channels into one for video SEO...  also set a weekly limit as to how much time u can allot to pokemon.... speaking of which...

1. I did do that for my network selection section

3ca546fa8cf93ad1659922fb69a9b8bb.png

2. Please tell me what you mean by a weekly limit in which I allot to Pokemon.

5 hours ago, xStarr said:

I didn't find the option for Roy Rogers PSL coverage, best channel imo xdddd

I can edit the poll to include that option.

im not sure how much time investment it takes to creat 5x or more? youtube channels.

plus u have over 125m of vanities in game so there had to be some sort of investment on that end.

most of ur channels have like ~125 views per vid, so most the same ppl are prolly watching all of them so no point in keeping them seperate.

if u like pokemon and video production and recording why not record for at most 5 hrs per week and edit produce for at most 2... i dunno it just seems like u have to work super hard on this and i want to see u happy dude.

like just produce ur best clips.... into one vid or have a playlist...

I was admin on forum and owned youtube ~7k subscribers btw

29 minutes ago, Murcielago said:

im not sure how much time investment it takes to creat 5x or more? youtube channels.

plus u have over 125m of vanities in game so there had to be some sort of investment on that end.

most of ur channels have like ~125 views per vid, so most the same ppl are prolly watching all of them so no point in keeping them seperate.

if u like pokemon and video production and recording why not record for at most 5 hrs per week and edit produce for at most 2... i dunno it just seems like u have to work super hard on this and i want to see u happy dude.

like just produce ur best clips.... into one vid or have a playlist...

I was admin on forum and owned youtube ~7k subscribers btw

Good afternoon Murcielago, I kind of have to keep them separate or people start losing interest in my channel. For example, I had my "What is Roy Thinking?" series on my news channel and I lost a few people who did not want it there. Each channel has its own topics and its best to keep them separate. I usually record when I have something to cover about the game, I don't record for the sake of recording something. I record something if there is a purpose to it.

I have to address this point you brought up, people have different opinions as to what my "best clips" are. Some people say the teasing between @DoubleJ and @gbwead in my PSL 8 auction footage is really spectacular or its not really their taste. I don't like to categorise my "best" clips in a playlist due to different viewpoints of what are my best clips. You may have a different opinion of what my best clips are. People in game tell me different ways to improve: "knock off the silliness you have in your videos" or "Your bland, be more entertaining." Unfortunately, I cannot be both, so I am silly in a few videos and not so silly in other videos. Its like a teeter totter, I have to balance out things in different ways. If the feelings are overbalanced that the "What is Roy Thinking?" segment is not fitting to my channel, I can remove it there and move it to a new channel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, the reason why I bought vanities is not for purposes of YouTube. I was advocating for the knight helmet to be in the game, I bought it the moment it was released to the public. I guess you can say, that this became my costume due to a mistake. I was originally going to have an "on camera" and "off camera" costume, but one or two mess ups later, this is my official costume. My "on camera" costume was my tophat and tux and my "off camera" costume was the Desu labcoat and Kyu hat (and a little later, the knight helmet). My look has not changed ever since that official announcement (I might wear a Jester hat when I am around my good pals in game, but then I put back on the knight helmet). I guess you can say (from a costume standpoint), I am one of the most consistent person from a costume standpoint.

im just trying to hint at that you might want to consider if the fruit is worth the squeeze... off the top of my head I could think up of at least 10X diff. things u could do with ur tiem and actually make some money doing if ur into YT.

Just now, Murcielago said:

im just trying to hint at that you might want to consider if the fruit is worth the squeeze... off the top of my head I could think up of at least 10X diff. things u could do with ur tiem and actually make some money doing if ur into YT.

That is a good question (and I am asked this quite a bit), I do not earn any money from YouTube. I like to volunteer my time rather than being paid. A lot of staff are not paid, but they work much harder than I ever do. I do YouTube for the purpose of helping others. You don't have to be paid to be passionate about something.

Spoiler

I hate bringing my real life to it, but it sounds like you have a concern about me. Don't worry, I am looking into stocks (that are affordable for my budget). I have other ways of making cold hard cash, I just come on PokeMMO as a hobby and to contribute to PokeMMO's success.

Ok bro Not to be rude or anything bro, but your videos are long and boring man so I borrowed one of your videos and I made my version of the video, i'm not trying to get subs or nothing out of this man.

My version I added my custom intro I made, my music, my outro,my custom thumbnail and some notes, now lets compare your video and my video. Once again im not trying to get subs or nothing out of this and I dont want noone to brag about yours or my video.

This is your version of the video:

This is my version:

Edited by Pluis2025
12 hours ago, Pluis2025 said:

Ok bro Not to be rude or anything bro, but your videos are long and boring man so I borrowed one of your videos and I made my version of the video, i'm not trying to get subs or nothing out of this man.

My version I added my custom intro I made, my music, my outro,my custom thumbnail and some notes, now lets compare your video and my video. Once again im not trying to get subs or nothing out of this and I dont want noone to brag about yours or my video.

I am not going to justify my video, but instead I am going to take you behind the scenes of stuff you mentioned:

custom intro: I usually pick a thumbnail with the prize pokemon as the head.

my intro music: Kind of the same theme for nostalgic reasons for long time Roy Rogers News subscribers

My battle music: I try be sure I can pick some energetic competitive music.

my sign off music: I usually like to sign off with my original theme for my intro.

my outro: I like to show the champion of the tournament to give it that authentic look.

Spoiler

Not saying that tournaments are not subjected to possible change. What I am saying is that if I were to change, I have to carefully introduce it or people would be confused as to what is going on. If you check out your favourite news show for example, once a year, they usually change their studios format, but having something the same to make the change easier to cope with. So, for example, a news studio A is blue, one year passes by and it is blue and green, one more year and the studio is green.

I have a PSA about this event:

"Dear competitive audience,

I would like to say that I documented most of the event, however, there was a problem as the tournament was further in. I am not use to 2 matches happening at once and due to the slip up, I was unable to tape the full final match of SweeTforU Vs. Sunseet. Thank you for your understanding and hopefully I can have a second person on duty for 'two-duel events.'...."

- Roy Rogers Inc

• Kizhaz changed the title to [Video] Roy Rogers Inc (Official Forums Page)
  • 4 weeks later...

I am back! I miss PokeMMO, but I am going to have the Roy Rogers News channel catch up with the times and hopefully be back on track! I have a minor announcement to make, tomorrow, I have a vacation booked from Aug 2nd - 8th.

When I get free time in between the vacation, I would like to scan the Forums for the latest headlines! When I was logging back onto my YouTube channel, a video popped up and it was a PTS that was released (I might want to watch some pre existing videos to get the general picture of the progress on the PTS that was just released). I hope to catch the update when it arrives!

36 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I am back! I miss PokeMMO, but I am going to have the Roy Rogers News channel catch up with the times and hopefully be back on track! I have a minor announcement to make, tomorrow, I have a vacation booked from Aug 2nd - 8th.

When I get free time in between the vacation, I would like to scan the Forums for the latest headlines! When I was logging back onto my YouTube channel, a video popped up and it was a PTS that was released (I might want to watch some pre existing videos to get the general picture of the progress on the PTS that was just released). I hope to catch the update when it arrives!

Really looking foward to more vids! Welcome back 

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning everyone, I apologise for some of my tournament footage being delayed, but I have new thumbnail software to test out. I want to change how you see my videos instead of me looking for a good image on Google Images and slapping it on. Hopefully, I can produce good thumbnails for my new tournament tapes that is waiting to receive some of that Roy Rogers Spice!

There is a another change coming as well. After I conclude my Unova coverage on the live server, then I would like to change my editing software so that I can get my creative freedom. I might resort to my old software from time to time because even if my old software is limited, it is much faster than the new software. The new software can be reserved for tournaments and such while the old software can be reserved for headline and update videos. Thumbnails on headline videos as of now are going to remain the same because I want people to see themselves in my videos since my headline videos is not just about myself, but it is about everyone in the community!

----------------------------------------

Hopefully I can continually grow my YouTube kitchen with more and more tools I can use. I want to change how you see Roy Rogers Inc!

- Roy Rogers Incorporated

Good evening everyone, I hope you all are doing well. About 3 years ago, I got filming software. Some guy on YouTube gave me the code to access its other features, and years later, this has been haunting me ever since. I recently did it with the new thumbnail software as well as with my new editing software. I am going to tell you right now, Roy Rogers Inc does not want to set a bad example for the world. Starting tomorrow, I want to gut everything I got from other key codes or things that were cracked and legitimately pay for my recording and editing software. At the time, there were no alarm bells going off telling me that this was wrong. I wish I can go back and legitimately pay for it. Thus, video publication may be down for a day or two. Thank you for your patience.

- Roy Rogers Inc

23 hours ago, Bestfriends said:

Good evening everyone, I hope you all are doing well. About 3 years ago, I got filming software. Some guy on YouTube gave me the code to access its other features, and years later, this has been haunting me ever since. I recently did it with the new thumbnail software as well as with my new editing software. I am going to tell you right now, Roy Rogers Inc does not want to set a bad example for the world. Starting tomorrow, I want to gut everything I got from other key codes or things that were cracked and legitimately pay for my recording and editing software. At the time, there were no alarm bells going off telling me that this was wrong. I wish I can go back and legitimately pay for it. Thus, video publication may be down for a day or two. Thank you for your patience.

- Roy Rogers Inc

I reinstalled everything and purchased them. I want to set a better example to the world. On that note, its time for me to get back to work and get to those tournaments!

• 1 month later...

Roy Rogers Inc wants to change how you view my video content. I would like to give a taste of what RRI is looking at. I has already implemented a new fresh face by introducing thumbnail software so pictures are more appealing to look at and you might even get a chuckle when you look at the thumbnail.

Another thing that is looking to change is a new and fresh editing software with more toys for RRI to play with. If you want a taste of that, you might want to check out the Roy Rogers Walkthrough series in Hoenn. Once I am done with the Hoenn Walkthrough from that channel, then I am going to look at adding that editing software to the tool lineup.

There are two places where change is not going to happen. The Headline segment of Roy Rogers News and the What is Roy Thinking? series on the Roy Rogers Life channel. I want headline thumbnails to feature you as the thumbnail! Your the reason why headlines video are published. The older software is faster to do since I am familiar with the tools available there, so if I do change the software, it is going to take a while.

As for Roy Rogers Life, it is on the back burner because I do not have a big ego. I am going to keep this short since Roy Rogers Life is an afterthought channel.

I look forward to implementing a newer and fresher appearance to the Roy Rogers brand.

1 hour ago, Rigamorty said:

Yo @Bestfriends. Me, @TJXD and @DiDi were thinking of you today. Got a couple pictures in NYC that you'll like. 

Hide contents

lSJMXVh.jpg

ahLq68X.jpg

9XwqFLF.jpg

cD0z6fR.jpg

I see you went to Nintendo World. I went there a long time ago, funny that you went to Nintendo World because that was the place that introduced me to Unova. No joke! I was literally introduced to Unova in that store. I think it was $35 USD when it was new. Thanks for the extra hype.

Spoiler

As for the other place you went to, FOX News is the channel that inspired me to go into journalism. I rather keep my political stances unknown, but FOX does feature some Republicans and Democrats in their guest pool, so I figured that I am getting some ideas from both sides when I watch their news network.

Some of the commentators do give FOX News the illusion of being a "Conservative News Organ" or something akin to being in the bag for republicans. I would suggest you tune into shows like Happening Now, America's Newsroom, America's News Headquarters, etc. When I watch them, I see them trying to be fair to guests.

Maybe I should talk about this on my Roy Rogers Life channel. Stay tuned!