Best Build for Timid Starmie?

t-bolt instead of spin, hp grass if you can. 

evs should be 252 sp atk and 252 speed, dont bother making it tanky, its not gonna survive shit.

Edited by Xatu
4 minutes ago, Xatu said:

evs should be 252 sp atk and 252 speed, dont bother making it tanky, its not gonna survive shit.

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 256-303 (97.7 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 256-303 (79 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

max hp/max speed is a very effective spread for starmie. What the hell would you need hp grass for?
Just now, Gunthug said:
252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 256-303 (97.7 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 256-303 (79 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

max hp/max speed is a very effective spread for starmie. What the hell would you need hp grass for?

pretty much just swampert or another ground type when they switch out gyra/whatever else is weak to t-bolt. 

Just now, Xatu said:

pretty much just swampert or another ground type when they switch out gyra/whatever else is weak to t-bolt. 

starmie has 4 moveslot syndrome enough as it is, hp grass is absolutely not worth it just to what, 2hko swampert?

252 SpA Starmie Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Swampert: 140-168 (67.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Just now, Gunthug said:

starmie has 4 moveslot syndrome enough as it is, hp grass is absolutely not worth it just to what, 2hko swampert?

252 SpA Starmie Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Swampert: 140-168 (67.6 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

yeah youre right.  I couldnt really think of any moreso viable hp tho.  t-bolt ftw

3 hours ago, Xatu said:

Nvm its not really worth a WP. Sure starmie doesnt survive anything. 

Edited by BlackJovi
44 minutes ago, Xatu said:

This generally is wrong.  for tanky starmie you want to hit at least 160 hp for lefties recovery reasons... then some sort of split between speed and defenses...

In this case, for timid IMO hitting 168 speed for flygon outspeed and doom rest hp and then sp atk would be best...

I also have another starmie (I have over 12 of them) most of mine are modest/bold 5x29 more or less... this one has 31 speed so prolly do 252 speed rest hp Also... tbolt isnt as good as you would think.  stab pschic hits hard... this is all based on when chansey was around but I doubt it has changed much

57 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

max hp/max speed is a very effective spread for starmie.

yeah I have faced these late game and the extra speed helps.  Also the full hp seems to allow it the bulk to act as a spinner while the reduced ev invest in sp atk seems to not really do much.  In calcs lots of time a 4 hit was a 4 hit regardless..

22 minutes ago, Draekyn said:

If you're going for 168 speed and split hp/satk and unless you need to live something specific and need more/max hp investment, go for 160hp (196 evs assuming 31iv) and dump the rest in satk

yeah this would be the best "standard build" imo I have 3-4 like that.

9 hours ago, Draekyn said:

If you're going for 168 speed and split hp/satk and unless you need to live something specific and need more/max hp investment, go for 160hp (196 evs assuming 31iv) and dump the rest in satk

I would do this, give the bulk to live CB Thunderpunch from Flygon.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah but this thing has that LUXURY 31 speed IV u know LUXURY.... 

I have like ~8 starmies minimum (i dunno plz plz)

Really thinking that 252 hp speed, or perhaphs some less hp and some sp attack...

I AM GOING TO UPLOAD SOME PICS OF THIS GOD