Stats displayed incorrectly

First of all, this is not a rant thread in any sort of a way. I think this is just information that should be given to all the members of this community.

Last update the developers of the game changed the base stats of our Pokemon according to the base stat updates with original games in Generation 7. With the update the developers changed the base stat information to Pokedex. However, the developers failed to change the stats for at least one Pokemon - Dodrio. Dodrio got its speed buffed from 100 to 110 in generation 7. However, the developers forgot to update Pokedex information of Dodrio in this regard (yes, they are aware of this). It has been tested that in the game's mechanics Dodrio's base speed actually is 110, while the Pokedex displays the speed as base 100. Dodrio outsped Manectric (base 105) in a test when both had speed nature, 31 IV and max speed investments. This is a clear demonstration that in game Dodrio has the updated speed 110.

Spoiler

ee846440fa741dd9434ae134c27d1b30.png

The issue is that the window we have of our own Pokemon is giving false information. The stats of our Pokemon change alongside with the EVs and level we gain. This makes it easy to assume the stats that is displayed to us are the Pokemon's actual stats. However, based on the Dodrio's case we can make the conclusion that the stats that are displayed to us are actually not the Pokemon's actual stats.

Why I made this thread is not to uguu about just a simple oversight about a single Pokemon's base stat. The point of this thread is to make the community aware that the stats that are displayed for your Pokemon are not necessarily correct. The developers have access to the information of hundreds of Pokemon, each of which have 6 different base stats. It is easily possible that a  human error has happened or will happen in the coding of each Pokemon, again it's hundreds of pieces of information.

Noticing something like incorrect speed is easy to notice. The problem comes with something like damage calculation. I found this information to be important to be given to the community because if there ever is a case where a calculation and actual in-game damage do not go hand in hand there can be a possible in-game coding error no one is aware of. There has been cases where I've considered the game to do different amount of damage as the damage calculations have indicated to do. Every time a situation like this happened I just put it down to a possible human error I made and that's that. But now that there's clear evidence that our in game stat information may not be the truth, I think it's important for the community to know this as well and point out any cases where they suspect that a stat is different in the game mechanics as it is displayed.

To be fair, I think this is something the developers should have let the community know in some way. Also I'm open to the idea that everything else in the game is displayed exactly how it really is and will be flawless with future Pokemon to come. However, like I said I think it's important to speak out publicly whenever you have a suspicion that the real stat and displayed stat do not go hand in hand.

That's all, have a wonderful day.

Well I know of that OU final where Yubel's Ludicolo took more damage from CB Flygon Dclaw than it should have

252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ludicolo: 84-100 (44.9 - 53.4%) -- 1.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ludicolo had 101 HP I believe, it still died to Dclaw.

Edited by LifeStyle
1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

To address the topic from a development level:

If I remember correctly, its already been fixed - but requires an update to be displayed as intended.

It's not about dodrio specifically I'm pretty sure.

Mostly what Lifestyle just posted about, Orange is asking players to keep their eyes peeled for weird damage rolls and such.