[PSL 8] Week Two

14 minutes ago, kevola said:

Just because someone has the final decision, doesn't mean that their decision is correct.

So fucking true. Even though Gunthug made some very questionable decisions when he was host, he was willing to correct his mistakes usually. His flip flopping antics were annoying and today's hosts probably want to avoid that at all cost, but as a spectator, a player and as a past manager, I believe his hosting style was the best. We now have hosts that never second guess what they are doing despite the fact that the decisions they make are often very subjective and even personal sometimes (edit: and dumb!!).

Edited by gbwead
1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

There's a key difference here and that's this: silence. Because Lucas was "silent", Zebra can't make any assumptions. He can't assume he was trying to dodge you and he can't assume he dodged you over the week.

Lucas was also clearly trying to duel you over the weekend, logging on and even trying to whisper you. He even caught you online and tried to schedule the match, but unfortunately you were AFK.

He wasn't try to dodge you at all. Because of his silence (not opening your PM) and because of his activity over the weekend, it's very plausible that Lucas was just too busy to check his forum messages. Yes, checking a forum message is a small task, but some people don't stalk the forums like most of us do, checking every notification every five minutes. 

I probably would have voted for a "no contest" as well, just because there wasn't much evidence to incriminate Lucas. Also, your team has subs and if you were unable to play over the weekend, why not have Coolio sub in a player to try and save the week? I know Coolio is notorious for not making late week subs, but this was clearly the time to do it just to save the week. Fishing for an activity win is dumb and this kind of shit is what happens because of it. 

I never said Lucas dodged me, in fact, I think I said it was because he was busy on multiple occasions. 

The fact of the matter is, silence from one end could be a result of intention as well, disguised as being busy for example. Regardless, if someone was busy, should they get a no contest, even though it's their fault? 

Also, jj. Imagine how you'd feel if I pm'd him on Friday saying "Lets play 3am your time" and forced your team to make a sub when I was clearly in the wrong as I was not available to play for the majority of the week. It just wouldn't be fair on you

Edit to respond to yours : If you think Coolio had to make a sub, you would have had to as well, which is another thing that's unfair. I think Keith had a good response to this 

Edited by kevola
Just now, kevola said:

Also, jj. Imagine how you'd feel if I pm'd him on Friday saying "Lets play 3am your time" and forced your team to make a sub when I was clearly in the wrong as I was not available to play for the majority of the week. It just wouldn't be fair on you

And that's the grey area, and that's why I tried to implement such fierce rules related to scheduling a match. I would highly suggest that @BurntZebra bring back the 48 hour PM rule, where if your opponent ignores a PM for 48 hours then you get the activity win unless a sub is made. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

And that's the grey area, and that's why I tried to implement such fierce rules related to scheduling a match. I would highly suggest that @BurntZebra bring back the 48 hour PM rule, where if your opponent ignores a PM for 48 hours then you get the activity win unless a sub is made. 

This is exactly why I did what I did. I wanted something like this to be put in place.

It's not fair otherwise for the reasons you saw above 

Edit : I hope you understand why I did what I did. I just wanted to make PSL better 

Edited by kevola
3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

That nasty rule where whoever posted first would get an activity win by default unless you make a sub, plz no.

Just now, gbwead said:

That nasty rule where whoever posted first would get an activity win by default unless you make a sub, plz no.

I think 2 days might be a bit too much, but there should definitely be something enforced, otherwise people can just take the piss

Just now, gbwead said:

What if there are buses and earthquakes on monday and tuesday? Wouldn't be fair since the week last until Sunday.

Rare instances suck, because the decision will usually screw one party over another. 

Just now, LifeStyle said:

Why do you care, weird ass old dude lmao

You just told the whole community to suck your uguu. Was worried about you.