[PSL 8] Week Two

For people who think I'm a uguu right now :

I just wanted to prove a point that @BurntZebra 's decision was bad. People can easily dodge others and/or freely be inactive as they are most likely going to get a no contest. This would be extremely unfortunate as it ruins the competitive aspect of the game. I planned on forcing a no contest to prove a point but I realised that would be too far. 

All in all, Zebra, your decision was shit, and this just proves it. If I had opened my pm on Friday, this would be similar to what happened week 1 vs Lucas and I, but much less extreme, which would have ended in a no contest, even though schuchty was clearly not in the wrong here. 

I was going to play him on the weekend to further enforce my point but I found out he's unavailable, so we're likely going to be playing on Friday 

Zebra, your decision was poor and I really hope you can put something in place to stop people doing things like this 

Edit : I hope people understand where I'm coming from. I could've easily gotten a no contest if I carried on, when it was my fault completely. It would be totally unfair on my opponent for doing this, but Zebra's previous decision allows for this to happen 

Edited by kevola
Just now, kevola said:

We will be, but I hope you understand why Zebra's decision was wrong

Zebra's decision was not wrong. He's the administrative head. He's the host. He has the ultimate say, and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the "small council" voted for this decision as well, considering that is their role. He weighed both arguments and he analyzed the evidence presented to him, and well he made his decision. 

Was it controversial? Certainly, but you didn't have to act out like this just to "prove a point". It looks childish and wasn't fair to your teammates, who all could see it would just end in an activity loss for you. My team was laughing the entire time because we know it would be voted in our favor. I was shaking my head because I was disappointed that this behavior was coming from you. I have a lot of respect for you, but this was tough to watch. 

Now all I can ask is that I hope Schuchty is able to log on tomorrow, after you wasted the majority of his week by ignoring his PM to you. This should be a good match and I wish you the best. 

Also, for those arguing that private PM's are the only evidence that should be analyzed, well this is something that can differ when you exchange hosts. I tried to consolidate the evidence I used to make my decisions to forum messages only, because that is the least likely to be tampered. In-game whispers, mail, etc just make decision making messy. Zebra appears to be willing to look at everything to better make his decisions and that's his choice. 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Zebra's decision was not wrong. He's the administrative head. He's the host. He has the ultimate say, and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the "small council" voted for this decision as well, considering that is their role. He weighed both arguments and he analyzed the evidence presented to him, and well he made his decision. 

Was it controversial? Certainly, but you didn't have to act out like this just to "prove a point". It looks childish and wasn't fair to your teammates, who all could see it would just end in an activity loss for you. My team was laughing the entire time because we know it would be voted in our favor. I was shaking my head because I was disappointed that this behavior was coming from you. I have a lot of respect for you, but this was tough to watch. 

Now all I can ask is that I hope Schuchty is able to log on tomorrow, after you wasted the majority of his week by ignoring his PM to you. This should be a good match and I wish you the best. 

Also, for those arguing that private PM's are the only evidence that should be analyzed, well this is something that can differ when you exchange hosts. I tried to consolidate the evidence I used to make my decisions to forum messages only, because that is the least likely to be tampered. In-game whispers, mail, etc just make decision making messy. Zebra appears to be willing to look at everything to better make his decisions and that's his choice. 

Just because someone has the final decision, doesn't mean that their decision is correct. What I did should prove that his decision was blatantly incorrect 

Also, this would have 100% been a no contest based on last week unless Zebra goes against his own arguments. I'd like to think what I did this week will cause fewer controversies in future psl's as actions will be put in place for things like this

The match is going to happen, don't worry 

5 minutes ago, kevola said:

Just because someone has the final decision, doesn't mean that their decision is correct. What I did should prove that his decision was blatantly incorrect 

Also, this would have 100% been a no contest based on last week unless Zebra goes against his own arguments. I'd like to think what I did this week will cause fewer controversies in future psl's as actions will be put in place for things like this

The match is going to happen, don't worry 

There's a key difference here and that's this: silence. Because Lucas was "silent", Zebra can't make any assumptions. He can't assume he was trying to dodge you and he can't assume he dodged you over the week.

Lucas was also clearly trying to duel you over the weekend, logging on and even trying to whisper you. He even caught you online and tried to schedule the match, but unfortunately you were AFK.

He wasn't try to dodge you at all. Because of his silence (not opening your PM) and because of his activity over the weekend, it's very plausible that Lucas was just too busy to check his forum messages. Yes, checking a forum message is a small task, but some people don't stalk the forums like most of us do, checking every notification every five minutes. 

I probably would have voted for a "no contest" as well, just because there wasn't much evidence to incriminate Lucas. Also, your team has subs and if you were unable to play over the weekend, why not have Coolio sub in a player to try and save the week? I know Coolio is notorious for not making late week subs, but this was clearly the time to do it just to save the week. Fishing for an activity win is dumb and this kind of shit is what happens because of it. 

EDIT: You were purposefully and publicly ignoring Schuchty's PM, and he's busy this weekend. Would I be forced to make a sub because of your actions? Idk, but I don't think I would. 

Edited by DoubleJ