gen 5 + romhacks + fan games +more

trexarthu

The devs here tend to stray away from rom hacks since they are often unstable.  They are however adding gen 5 soon.  So they try to implement the features/games from the mainline series as much as they can.  

my pick is pokemon uranium and pokemon sweet version

Just now, Xatu said:

The devs here tend to stray away from rom hacks since they are often unstable.  They are however adding gen 5 soon.  So they try to implement the features/games from the mainline series as much as they can.  

how bout fan games

2 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

We're not interested in implementing fangames/fakemon into PokeMMO at all.

realy, not even to expand the game or just for fun

11 minutes ago, trexarthu said:

my pick is pokemon uranium and pokemon sweet version

how bout fan games

11 minutes ago, Xatu said:

So here are some issues with using ROM hacks since you don't understand.

1. It's taking another author's work. Finding the author and contacting them might seem easy enough, but said author may not use the account for forum/email/etc anymore. Plus there's the issue of actually getting permission.
  2. Possible legal issues, since it will be using a modified ROM. I'm not aware of every detail on the legality of them, but it's likely best to not use any ROM hack for this reason. Applies to fan games too.
  3. No/Little new content. Pokemon Sweet Version offers a recycled Kanto with new types replacing current ones. The new types would have to be removed as to not mess with the base game, leaving only the new sprites. At that point, you might as well make a MOD or IPS for the pokemon sprites to use yourself.
  4. A new region is already in development, which will add plenty of new things (hopefully) for the playerbase to do.

4 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

So here are some issues with using ROM hacks since you don't understand.

1. It's taking another author's work. Finding the author and contacting them might seem easy enough, but said author may not use the account for forum/email/etc anymore. Plus there's the issue of actually getting permission.
  2. Possible legal issues, since it will be using a modified ROM. I'm not aware of every detail on the legality of them, but it's likely best to not use any ROM hack for this reason. Applies to fan games too.
  3. No/Little new content. Pokemon Sweet Version offers a recycled Kanto with new types replacing current ones. The new types would have to be removed as to not mess with the base game, leaving only the new sprites. At that point, you might as well make a MOD or IPS for the pokemon sprites to use yourself.
  4. A new region is already in development, which will add plenty of new things (hopefully) for the playerbase to do.

this game is not made by nintendo

I mean if you like pokemon sweet you could google and lean how to make mods to customize the pokemon/map looks, any more than that i don't believe adding types that weren't in the original games or fakemon would be a clever idea. I wouldn't play a game like that. 

• Zehkar locked this topic