"The Heavy Eight" Challenge

I was not sure where to put this, so I put it here. Apologies if it is in a mistaken place.

Everyone here has dealt with the elite 4 a number of excruciating times. We've all been there, ran them, fought them, and basically ruined them with only a Gengar and a Gyarados. When we're not dealing with that, we have a number of other options for the other Elite 4. Well, that's where we got the idea for the Heavy Eight.

The Heavy Eight are a collection of 8 different Monotype trainers, whom hopefully can put up a challenge to anyone that wants to. We're no fools, however, and the idea of any Monotype team defeating a standard OU team is right out of the question. That said, the challenge isn't going to restrict players to battling on our level, rather, it aims to make them still have to work for it.

Each Trainer in the Heavy 8 is Alotted 10 pokemon that they are blatantly not allowed to ever steer from. They will not be listed here, however, as we hope that people enjoy the challenge enough to thoroughly study it, figure it out, and work hard for the reward. Whatever that is. With that, I'm going to stop talking your ear off and do what I can to explain what the restrictions are for both the Challengers and the Heavy Eight.

The Challenger
The Challenger is not restricted to a monotype team, and his Pokemon may have any any type combination he wishes.
The Challenger is restricted to a Maximum of 2 OU Pokemon. Ubers are strictly banned.

The Challenger may switch out 1 of his pokemon per defeated Heavy Eight member. 
The Challenger may register his 10 pokemon with a Representative, whom is to spectate the battle and ensure only registered pokemon are in use.
The Challenger may learn of the Heavy Eight's pokemon beforehand, and plan ahead accordingly.
The Challenger may pick whichever Heavy Eight member he wishes to fight first, second, third, fourth, and fifth. He must declare this beforehand, and can't change it.

The Heavy Eight

The Heavy Eight member must use the same pokemon they registered upon joining the group, and must not deviate from these.
The Heavy Eight member may switch out 1 of his pokemon per defeated Heavy Eight Member. (Their starting pokemon are always the same.)
The Heavy Eight member is restricted to a Maximum of 2 OU pokemon. Ubers are strictly banned.
The Heavy Eight members are not allowed to know The Challenger's lineup before the first member is challenged.
The Heavy Eight members are not allowed to know The Challenger's 4 reserve Pokemon unless they are used.

Prizes are rewarded to a challenger who defeat 5 of the Heavy 8 in a row.
Prizes will range from well-bred pokemon to large sums of PokeDollars, or rare items.
Upon being defeated, the Heavy Eight may declare a stop to challenges, but only if the rewards they have are not suitable.
The Longer the Heavy Eight goes undefeated (Despite constant challenges) the better the prize will be.
It Costs ______ to partake in the Heavy Eight Challenge. This payment will be funneled back into the Prize Pool.
The Minimum Prize for defeating the Heavy Eight is double the cost to challenge them. 
The Reward Pool will always be given before accepting the Challenge. 

Team Creation

Some types, unfortunately, are not capable of dealing with practically any non-monotype team, such as Ice. To explain this, I'll give you some numbers. These pokemon teams require 10 pokemon total, by the end. This is especially daunting to those that would use, say, Ice, or other types with a small number to them. Ice, for example, has only 9 total pokemon going for it. Cloyster, Delibird, Dewgong, Glalie, Jynx, Lapras, Piloswine, Sneasel, and Walrein. It would be 11, but to my knowledge Regice and Articuon don't exist, or rather, aren't playable here. Even so, picking a 10 pokemon team out of 11 pokemon is... well... goodbye Glalie, right?
     As a result, certain typings, AKA: Ice, Dragon, Ghost, Steel and Dark, are allowed to draw from other, specific types to offset such a miniscule pool to choose from. (This doesn't apply to a Gen 4 version of the heavy 8, however. Not that that matters, but we can plan for the future can't we?)
     Generally a Heavy 8 member is expected to understand and deal with their most prominent, and expected OU threats, such as all-rock dealing with Metagross. To summarize all of this, some members of the Heavy Eight will be dual-typed, but they must have *exactly* 6 of one type and 4 of the other. 

What do you think of this? 

Edited by Duboris
4 hours ago, LifeStyle said:

Suggestions go here

Well, the thing is is this isn't a "Suggestion." Rather, this would be player-ran and essentially be a sponsored unofficial event that's somewhat consistent. I wouldn't dare leave these in the hands of something as blasphemously stupid as Pokemon's AI.

In other news, I will be updating the top post with the following segment.

Team Creation

Some types, unfortunately, are not capable of dealing with practically any non-monotype team, such as Ice. To explain this, I'll give you some numbers. These pokemon teams require 10 pokemon total, by the end. This is especially daunting to those that would use, say, Ice, or other types with a small number to them. Ice, for example, has only 9 total pokemon going for it. Cloyster, Delibird, Dewgong, Glalie, Jynx, Lapras, Piloswine, Sneasel, and Walrein. It would be 11, but to my knowledge Regice and Articuon don't exist, or rather, aren't playable here. Even so, picking a 10 pokemon team out of 11 pokemon is... well... goodbye Glalie, right?
     As a result, certain typings, AKA: Ice, Dragon, Ghost, Steel and Dark, are allowed to draw from other, specific types to offset such a miniscule pool to choose from. (This doesn't apply to a Gen 4 version of the heavy 8, however. Not that that matters, but we can plan for the future can't we?)
     Generally a Heavy 8 member is expected to understand and deal with their most prominent, and expected OU threats, such as all-rock dealing with Metagross. To summarize all of this, some members of the Heavy Eight will be dual-typed, but they must have *exactly* 6 of one type and 4 of the other. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.