Things you're not proud of

There are a couple of things I am not proud of as both a player and a YouTuber. Most of the time, I have a general idea of what I want to do on YouTube, but there are few times when I make errors that I later regret. There has been one mistake that I regret so much.....

My PokeDex videos....

Agh... The quality was horrible and most people were not pleased with how I was presenting it, so I discontinued the series. There were other mistakes that I made that I would rather not discuss in public, but this one is my biggest and most known mistake....

As a player, just like @Gilan, I hate being broke. I remember back when @Bluejim had all these comps for sale and I could not buy a single one, but yet, so many players bought them all. Maybe when Jim has a comp yard sale, I want to muster up as much yen as possible, so I can buy some good quality comps.

The time I traded a shiny weezing for a shiny dewgong. Weezing was worth like 8 eggs, the dewgong was the first one to ever be found in the game because it was only found on sea foam islands and literally why even go there. I was like oh man it's super rare. 

Thankfully I found someone who was a bigger sucker than me and sold it for another weezing + 2 eggs, but that was after about 3 weeks of getting laughed at and no offers above 2 eggs. 

Also leaving [CB] right before jeehad got banned because jeehad was the only one with invite privileges since none of the officers could be trusted not to invite randoms @Fujimura 

the plan was to just leave temporarily to help another team with TT since CB wasn't playing in it that month but RIP. Happened to Barrage too lel. 

Edited by Rigamorty

There have been at least 2 occasions where I have given accidental sex changes to both humans and 'mons across the entire server.

The first time was during the introduction of HG/SS overworld sprites to replace the GBA ones, and the ID for the Old Ladies got mixed up with the one for the Old Men.

The second time was when we updated the gender icons; I gave them to Shu to add to the client files but forgot to put them in the visual order they were originally. (Males on the left and Females on the right).

This meant that post-update every 'mon on the server was [visually] displaying the incorrect gender for a day or two.

This led to both some very angry and also hilarious bug reports.

Good times.

13 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I don't remember the Pix story, but Giraf... that was gold

He sold his OT Vulpix for something like 2 lucky eggs. You know, back when it was worth like 40+ 

fun fact, I've owned as many gunthug OT shinies as gunthug himself 

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

There have been at least 2 occasions where I have given accidental sex changes to both humans and 'mons across the entire server.

The first time was during the introduction of HG/SS overworld sprites to replace the GBA ones, and the ID for the Old Ladies got mixed up with the one for the Old Men.

The second time was when we updated the gender icons; I gave them to Shu to add to the client files but forgot to put them in the visual order they were originally. (Males on the left and Females on the right).

This meant that post-update every 'mon on the server was [visually] displaying the incorrect gender for a day or two.

This led to both some very angry and also hilarious bug reports.

Good times.

Whatever it is, please don't say this in your local college. They could throw tantrums and break stuff "THIS IS NOT AN ERROR! IT IS A LIFESTYLE!"

Spoiler

I am still upset about how colleges won't debate points, it is now a nanny house...

43 minutes ago, Munya said:

Farming a million coins in the game corner.

Fishing for however many shards it was

Both of those irreversibly damaged my brain functions.

Since I don't actively advertise my EV training services anymore, I can tell you secret that might put a lot of EV trainers out of business. When I EV trained, I was listening to the radio or playing a soothing tune. I feel that this might apply to any grinding you do in game.

52 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

He sold his OT Vulpix for something like 2 lucky eggs. You know, back when it was worth like 40+ 

fun fact, I've owned as many gunthug OT shinies as gunthug himself 

Well to be fair I sold it for about 35 eggs, when it was worth closer to 50. Then I watched its value steadily increase over the next 2 years, up to like 80 at one point, while my own 35 egg haul was slowly whittled down trade after trade. I had a knack for getting about 80% of the value back in whatever trade I did. 

The OT tenta trade to you was worth af tho. That modest ludicolo carried me for months