OU Team Help

Just finished this team yesterday. I'm looking for some advice on how I should be playing certain pokemon, movesets, different ev builds, and especially items.

Gardevoir (Modest)

---------------

Leftovers

126 HP - 252 SP Atk - 132 SP Def

Psychic/Thunderbolt/Calm Mind/Signal Beam

Forretress (Impish)

----------------

Leftovers

252 HP - 252 DEF - 6 Sp. Def

Spikes/Toxic/Rapid Spin/Earthquake

Blaziken (Adamant)

---------------

Lum Berry

6 HP - 252 Attack - 252 Speed

Earth Quake/Thunder Punch/Fire Punch/ Hi Jump Kick

Gyarados (Jolly)

---------------

Leftovers

6 HP - 252 Attack - 252 Speed

Earthquake/Crunch/Waterfall/Dragon Dance

Haunter (Timid)

---------------

Lifeball

6 Defense - 252 Sp Atk - 252 Speed

Shadow Ball/Sludge Bomb/Thunderbolt/Giga Drain

Umbreon (Careful)

-------------

Leftovers

252 HP - 6 Def - 252 Sp. Def

Heal Bell/Toxic/Pursuit/Wish

Thanks in advance :)

Since you have pursuit on umbreon, I would suggest some investment on atk.

I can't check numbers now, but my umbreon has 100 atk on lvl 50 and it seems to be enough.

Taunt on gyarados is good against phazers.

I think life orb or a choice band would be better o blaziken.

I like your idea on your gardevoir's ev spread, but I would sacrifice a bit of your sp.atk for a bit more hp and sp.def. Also, you want something like hp ground or substitute for houndooms.

I also would recommend you to replace your haunter with a physical wall, since you lack one and forretres alone won't be enough.

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Since you have pursuit on umbreon, I would suggest some investment on atk.

I can't check numbers now, but my umbreon has 100 atk on lvl 50 and it seems to be enough.

Taunt on gyarados is good against phazers.

I think life orb or a choice band would be better o blaziken.

I like your idea on your gardevoir's ev spread, but I would sacrifice a bit of your sp.atk for a bit more hp and sp.def. Also, you want something like hp ground or substitute for houndooms.

I also would recommend you to replace your haunter with a physical wall, since you lack one and forretres alone won't be enough.

Thanks for your advice. I think some more attack on umbreon might be good. Taunt is definitely something I will try out, but what move should I remove? probably earthquake since I have 3 of them I imagine? Yeah i've been struggling with blaziken just dying because of getting outsped. I assume you're talking about swift choice band? And I really kind of like haunter he fills some type coverage on my team, and is the fastest (apart from dragon dance gyarados) while the rest of my team is pretty slow. He's also very important against swampert and whiscash with the giga drain many people don't expect. But you may be right I might need some more physical wall.

Edited by IceDoge

if you wanna run wish on umb you should probably go protect instead of healbel, since it synergises well with toxic stall and its easier  to recover on umbreon itself. dont think umbreons too strong right now tho. guts pokes gladly take the toxic and theres a bunch of pokes that are immune to toxic and give you a hard time switching in.

Spoiler

double the damage for switch scenarios.

0 Atk Umbreon Pursuit vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 62-74 (47.3 - 56.4%) -- 77.7% chance to 2HKO

-- doesnt really need further investment

252 Atk Umbreon Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Starmie: 50-62 (37 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

-- investment changes nothing

0 Atk Umbreon Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Haunter: 62-74 (51.6 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-- no investment needed

0 Atk Umbreon Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Espeon: 50-60 (35.9 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

160 Atk Umbreon Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Espeon: 62-74 (44.6 - 53.2%) -- 28.5% chance to 2HKO

-- 160, which is already pretty meh only gives you 28%, pretty bad. investment not worth.

160 Atk Umbreon Pursuit vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gardevoir: 56-68 (32 - 38.8%) -- 6.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

---not worth any investment

no idea why you would wanna add att evs tbh.

would drop hjk on blaze, superpower or low kick instead and as mentioned already cb.

the team looks pretty slow in general, so id probably drop haunter or garde and add something like aero or jolt, or something that hits hard and can run swift.

haunter really shined when chansey was around, which is rip now. problem is it doesnt really hinder starmie from spinning, so it kinda is just another special attacker - the tier has better ones to offer tho + umbreon and dooms around + fast pursuit mons just render it useless.

Spoiler

if haunter gets scouted and predicted it looks grim vs tenta as well:

252 SpA Life Orb Haunter Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tentacruel: 82-98 (43.8 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Tentacruel Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Haunter: 72-85 (60 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

i guess with umbreon and forre you end up getting set up on pretty frequently. once forre is gone agi meta gets in vs umb and sweeps from there, bellyzard doesnt have to fear umb breaking its sub and you have no priority to stop it from sweeping. once ur gyara is gone even opposing gyara threaten you pretty heavily. trace doesnt help to much when dd´d into either.

252 Atk Life Orb Gyarados Crunch vs. 124 HP / 0 Def Gardevoir: 164-194 (103.1 - 122%) -- guaranteed OHKO

so all in all ur pretty much weak to half of the physical sweepers the meta has to offer and your teams pretty damn slow.

what could help is dropping umbreon for pory2, also has trace but can actually touch venus with icebeam, gyara with tbolt and also offers toxic support (or twave if you prefer that [helps when running slow comps]). if you want to run a cm mon id go with slowbro, reliable wall with recovery and can be a win condition on its own. would probably drop garde for bro. maybe im completely wrong on this one, but id drop haunter as well; jolt, zam, starmie, rain dance ludi, scarf typh, magneton are better imo.

hope that was helpful, cheers

Edited by DrButler

Thanks for the advice, it was really helpful! I think porygon2 and jolteon are a great idea. For now i'm just going to get jolteon and put protect on umbreon like you said, and maybe try out porygon later.

Edited by IceDoge
  • Mike locked this topic