PokeMMO World Cup - Feedback Thread

The first unofficial PokeMMO World Cup is now officially over. Since this was the first ever PokeMMO World Cup I needed to use some my own imagination how to implement this event efficiently, competitively and in the way that everyone would have fun here. This made me to do decisions like allow multiple country teams but not allow movement between them. All in all, I liked the hybrid of a PSL type schedule-and-battle format combined with final tournament, which was exciting to all parties involved.

There were some problems during the season, which we're all aware of. The biggest and most notable was that lots of players just went away from the game without saying anything and lots of group stage matches were failed to be played because of this. This was a much notable thing here than PSL because in PSL inactive players just get benched but here often there were no one to substitute in. This resulted in a little bit of loss of hype but eventually most players did their absolute best to get the matches done and in the end only under 10% of the matches were failed to be played that had some sort of an effect in the outcome in each group.

I personally think World Cup should be hosted once per year at most. I most definitely do not want to reserve the right to host this event alone, I think anyone could take over as a host. However, like in PSL I guess it's best to be done with a civil discussion so no one's plans will get ruined.

I wanted to raise this thread to give feedback and ideas about how the next World Cup should work when we decide to make one. In addition, you can raise opinions how often you think World Cup should be played. Any comments that you think could help this event to become bigger, more hype, anything. There are no shit opinions and honesty is more than wished here.

Shoutout to all people who participated in this event. Also shoutout to Rigamorty for donating amazing 10 million in this prize pool. We all know this game's events have more hype with prize money.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Next time I want a buch of BRs to take my money I'll just fly to their country and get robbed. 2/10 would not donate again. 

Just kidding, but yeah I'm with suneet the whole 1 team advancing per group was meh. Especially since I feel the finale could've easily been an 8 man double elimination, 4 team bracket just kinda looks sad.

granted I wasn't actually at the finale so I dunno how well/smoothly it went. 

57 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

Next time I want a buch of BRs to take my money I'll just fly to their country and get robbed. 2/10 would not donate again. 

Just kidding, but yeah I'm with suneet the whole 1 team advancing per group was meh. Especially since I feel the finale could've easily been an 8 man double elimination, 4 team bracket just kinda looks sad.

granted I wasn't actually at the finale so I dunno how well/smoothly it went. 

Spoiler

V1oEzfI.jpg

Jk ty for the support 

-- Yeah when it started I tought 2 of each group would advance. I think some people also forfeited cus they didnt want bring their best in the group stage, so people could be averagel in the group and give it best and use their secret weapons in the playoffs.

The original idea also contribuited for that IMO, some players innitially want this as single player Tournament, maybe after it got changed for a team they lost the interest cus some countries didnt get enough players.

-It could be 2 classified per group as the World Cup.

-then the Final 16 a best of 2

-the final 8 In a silph CO tournament with double elimination.

To be fair I was really skeptical about getting even 4 teams to log in at once for the final tournament. That's why I decided only last 4 will play in the final tournament. Considering how easy it was to agree a time the final tournament could have got 8 teams instead of 4, yeah.

Edited by OrangeManiac

Thanks for hosting this event Orange, it was fun.

As others said, 1 team advancing kinda killed hype for matches for 2nd place. In our group we will have to win last match to be 2nd, after we had not chance of advancing, it was kinda  meh. A little less time for matches maybe could help as well. 

It was nicely organised tho. 

Like I have said in the past, there was a huge mishandling with the time... there was just so much time given that people either forgot / didn't care about their matches until the last minute which will always happen, but thats why you need to give less time for matches to get done. Like I remember even for deciding lineups it took like two weeks lmao, just way too much. We had to wait a shit ton after we ended our group which kinda killed the hype. Two teams advancing per group = more hype, like everyone has stated. 

Anyways, cool idea, props to you for that. Thanks for hosting and good luck with the next ones.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.