faster replays

fredrichnietze

Question

so as it is a replay from match will take the same amount of time as the match itself with long pauses in between turns. i suggest that the replays skip these "waiting for player to make a move......" sections and forward to the actual content. 

this is beneficial in not wasting our time, but also in hard drive space as you wont have to record all that empty space of nothing happening. this isnt rocket science just 

"if something happening

record

if nothing happening

dont record

if match end

collect everything into one file"

also this means shorter waiting times on tourneys while your opponent scouts you. 

in short showdown style replays. 

@sherdoonach wants skip buttons for turns and so do i but idk how difficult it would be to program. i figured it out it's not that hard.

Edited by fredrichnietze

6 answers to this question

I think the system that is currently in place isn't bad for when the tournament is on going. But it can definitly use the option to be fastforwarded after the tournament has ended. This way players cannot really scout more than what's currently being done and you can rewatch the battles after it has ended on a faster way. But in my opinion adding this while a tournament is still on going would be a bad idea. That's how I think about it atleast.

people, or their teammates rather, gonna scout anyways, so dont know if thatd really make a difference.

what id like to see is a pause button. when you´re 20min into a 50min match and gotta do something afk, you gotta start all over again. also being able to take a moment to think about a certain decision someone made would be cool.

Edited by DrButler