Help building a UU team

Hello ladies & gentlemen !

I played a lot at Pokemmo and when i tried to build my first competitive team, it didnt works well. It was a Rain team in OU.

I love battle frontier, so i'm really lost when i have to battle with 6 pokemons instead of 3. 

So i wanted advises about a team which can focus on 2 main pokemons with calm mind/curse and the other pokemons as support.

First question : can it work ?

I think UU is the best tier because i love miltank with curse !

Instead of miltank, i didnt breed the pokemons yet, so it's theorybuilding :

2 Setup Sweepers :

Even if they are bulkys, they will be able to sweep after buffs. I want to create a team with them.

Spoiler

Miltank - Thick fat      -     EV : 252Hp/252SpDef

Milk drink

Heal bell

Curse

Body slam

Slowking - Oblivious      -     EV : 252Hp/252Def

Slack off

Calm mind

Psychic

Surf

1 Wisher/Cleric :

Toxic counters my Slowking. Also, Heal bell can heal other pokemons if they really need it.

But Heal bell is not only for Slowking : I want to use Rest on my Stallers.

Spoiler

Vaporeon - Water absorb      -     EV : 252Hp/252Def

Heal Bell

Wish

Protect

Toxic

2 Stallers :

If you look at the pokemons, i'm really weak against elec/grass. Also, i want to use one Staller on Hp/Def, and the other one on Hep/SpDef, so they can tank very well. 

Spoiler

Ninetails - Flash fire      -     EV : 252Hp/252SpDef

Flamethrower

Will-o-whisp

Roar

Rest

Donphan - Sturdy      -     EV : 252Hp/252Def

Earthquake

Knock off

Encore

Rest

1 Late game pokemon :

I know some people say he's a troll pokemon, but i think he is really good when you know the moves of your opponent.

Shedinja - Wonder Guard      -     EV : 252Atk/252Speed

Toxic

Protect

Confuse Ray

Return

What do you think about this team ? 

Also, i'm not really aware about the UU meta (but i'm reading the forum) so i dont know which pokemon are really strong in this tier.

Edited by lebub

Hi !

Donphan can learn rapid spin, it's not really a probleme if spikes are meta. But i don't know if they are...

I like Shedinja against NPC, but i really dont know if he is worth in UU.

Hi !

1 hour ago, MknsZblex said:

what a stall team omg

Is the line-up you don't like or just Stall teams ?

If it's the line-up, i can explain my choices (so it will be easier to tell me where i am wrong) :

Ninetails as a SpDef Staller is uncommun, didn't see build on the net, but i needed a fire type in my team to counter grass moves.

I have 3 weaknesses to grass moves, 2 resistances and 1 immunity. Grass moves are mostly special and ninetails have 100 base SpDef which is high.

With Will-o-whisp, he can burn to reduce atk. Flamethrower is a stab.

I never played with Roar, so i want to try it, in the case of a pokemon want to setup. But i'm not sure it's worth because Baton pass is banned.

Then, Rest because i have 2 Heal bell in my team.

Donphan is a common Def Staller, i will just explain a trick i thought with Shedinja.

Shedinja is hard to play because we need to know exactly what are our opponent's moves. 

But with Encore we can switch without problem, because Encore forces the pokemon to use the same ability 2 other turns min.

Exemple

Turn 1 : Donphan uses Encore - Opponent uses Waterfall.

Turn 2 : Switch Shedinja - Opponent uses Waterfall but no damage.

Turn 3 : Shedinja uses Toxic - Opponent uses Waterfall but no damage.

Turn 4 : We switch again.

But maybe it is not worth.

You advise me to take a quick sweeper instead of Shedinja. I don't really know which pokemon can do the job... Is Manetric good ?

1 minute ago, lebub said:

Hi !

Is the line-up you don't like or just Stall teams ?

If it's the line-up, i can explain my choices (so it will be easier to tell me where i am wrong) :

Ninetails as a SpDef Staller is uncommun, didn't see build on the net, but i needed a fire type in my team to counter grass moves.

I have 3 weaknesses to grass moves, 2 resistances and 1 immunity. Grass moves are mostly special and ninetails have 100 base SpDef which is high.

With Will-o-whisp, he can burn to reduce atk. Flamethrower is a stab.

I never played with Roar, so i want to try it, in the case of a pokemon want to setup. But i'm not sure it's worth because Baton pass is banned.

Then, Rest because i have 2 Heal bell in my team.

Donphan is a common Def Staller, i will just explain a trick i thought with Shedinja.

Shedinja is hard to play because we need to know exactly what are our opponent's moves. 

But with Encore we can switch without problem, because Encore forces the pokemon to use the same ability 2 other turns min.

Exemple

Turn 1 : Donphan uses Encore - Opponent uses Waterfall.

Turn 2 : Switch Shedinja - Opponent uses Waterfall but no damage.

Turn 3 : Shedinja uses Toxic - Opponent uses Waterfall but no damage.

Turn 4 : We switch again.

But maybe it is not worth.

You advise me to take a quick sweeper instead of Shedinja. I don't really know which pokemon can do the job... Is Manetric good ?

nah just stall teams

• Mike locked this topic