[PSL 8] Uguing Thread

26 minutes ago, kevola said:

@Bilburt Got locked before I could respond

People can just open their pm's on saturday and/or disagree on times to easily get no contests on difficult matches now which is a huge thing considering it's 8vs8 now 

I mean

the fact is that most matches get played in the weekend, and if you're not available in the weekend then you almost cripple lucas' ability to play you

ofcourse I know that lucas didnt put little to no effort into playing his match, but the fact is that lucas was availabe on the days you werent, given his communication was just non existent and you  could hardly know what days he would be available, but not being available in the weekend is just a no no

4 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

I mean

the fact is that most matches get played in the weekend, and if you're not available in the weekend then you almost cripple lucas' ability to play you

ofcourse I know that lucas didnt put little to no effort into playing his match, but the fact is that lucas was availabe on the days you werent, given his communication was just non existent and you  could hardly know what days he would be available, but not being available in the weekend is just a no no

I could've been available if he gave me like 24 hours notice. 

Regardless, it's irrelevant when your available as long as you let the opponent know so you can try to work around each other's schedule. If you can't, then it should be a no contest. That's my opinion at least 

E: or subs

Edited by kevola
Just now, kevola said:

I could've been available if he gave me like 24 hours notice. 

Regardless, it's irrelevant when your available as long as you let the opponent know so you can try to work around each other's schedule. If you can't, then it should be a no contest. That's my opinion at least 

im not disagreeing with you

im just stating facts, like you havent played your match on saturday, and you decide to leave for sunday. then you know your match is not gonna be played. 

and you just rely on the goodwill of the host to give you the activity win.

Just now, Arimanius said:

fuck just when I was going to post this, the thread was closed, so I post it here

I think this set a bad precedent, it's getting too common players who don't speak English act like this in PSL and are not punished by that, like I speak Spanish and I learned to speak English by myself when I was only 12 years old and I don't pretend they're like that, but at least if you have a problem with the language you gotta try harder to get your matches done and if you don't then be punished by it because you signed up to play. You see players from AW like pipe, enchanteur, lkrenz they don't speak english (that well) and still you never see them missing a match because of it, they put an effort into it and I think that's what it should happen.

b-but this is Pokemon Spanish League.

Also, Im back!!!!

And sry for mah team, rip pc.

Maybe we could add a new system.

Have a one day extension the get the game done, but give then both yellow cards(hue). This happens when an activity win isn't clear enough to be called.

The yellow cards are permanent, any yellow cards after and you get a red, meaning you lose any future unclear decision.

Once players have a yellow, it might make them more desperate to get their future games done.

The bad thing about this is players can get punished in future games against random teams based on prior actions, but now that I think about, they do in other sports like reds/5 yellows in football means you can't play future games for so many matches.

Knowing your opponent has a yellow, you can't just abuse it to try get an activity decision because if the host sees the yellowed player putting in effort it could backfire and the yellowed player gets the win.

Thoughts?

Edited by KaynineXL
1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

Maybe we could add a new system.

Have a one day extension the get the game done, but give then both yellow cards(hue). This happens when an activity win isn't clear enough to be called.

The yellow cards are permanent, any yellow cards after and you get a red, meaning you lose any future unclear decision.

Once players have a yellow, it might make them more desperate to get their future games done.

The bad thing about this is players can get punished in future games against random teams based on prior actions, but now that I think about, they do in other sports like reds/5 yellows in football means you can't play future games for so many matches.

Knowing your opponent has a yellow, you can't just abuse it to try get an activity decision because if the host sees the yellowed player putting in effort it could backfire and the yellowed player gets the win.

Thought???

PSL had yellow cards in season 3, but not much came of them. The same principle is still in effect here though, if you miss 2 matches, then you're going to get a penalty of some sort. Someone who misses their match one week and gets a result that is less favorable, will make more of an effort in future weeks.

I get why extensions set a bad precedent, but cmon this is week 1. It's ridiculous that an activity decision will determine the outcome of the week. I really think there is hardly any harm in letting them play their duel. 

Just now, gbwead said:

I get why extensions set a bad precedent, but cmon this is week 1. It's ridiculous that an activity decision will determine the outcome of the week. I really think there is hardly any harm in letting them play their duel. 

Please. Not playing -> Not sitting near pc -> Way less chance of getting elecrocuted by some random thunderbolt outside that messed up with yours electrical cables.

43 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

PSL had yellow cards in season 3, but not much came of them. The same principle is still in effect here though, if you miss 2 matches, then you're going to get a penalty of some sort. Someone who misses their match one week and gets a result that is less favorable, will make more of an effort in future weeks.

Lol I don't even remember those, then again I was an inactive bench player in Season 3.

I feel like activity wins have increasingly become a problem, maybe the yellow card system would be more effective nowadays.

Whilst I think that principle is a good idea, I don't think it will work as well because it's a little subtle. The goal is to have players know they have a warning to deterr them from doing it again, not for them to realise after they've been punished. Our ultimate goal is to get the games done.

I have a suggestion regarding extensions @BurntZebra.

Each week the psl administration would make activity calls like they already do. Based on these activity calls, the players concerned would be given an extension. A player with an activity win decides when he would like the duel to happen in the next 24 hours. If the player with the activity lose can't make it, his manager would have to sub him out asap or that's a definite loss. There woud be no no contest. Whoever is the player that made himself available (with written commitment and without failure to meet this commitment) the longest would get the activity win.

I realise that there could still be people abusing the extensions, so I suggest forbiding any attempt of scheduling a duel in the extension window until the week is over. Doing so would mean getting an automatic loss. I think with such a rule, no one would dare plan to play in the extension window since their opponent could use that against them to get the win.

How about this. 

After the host makes a controversial decision, we vote. Yes/No. Yes agrees with host, no disagrees and leads to...

Moderation. 

Before every psl the community picks 5 people who they think can make a fair decision. If 75% or more of the people who voted  go with no (In 3 days), the decision is out of the hosts' hands and the 5 people decide. This decision will be final 

I think this could be a pretty cool idea, thoughts? 

2 minutes ago, kevola said:

How about this. 

After the host makes a controversial decision, we vote. Yes/No. Yes agrees with host, no disagrees and leads to...

Moderation. 

Before every psl the community picks 5 people who they think can make a fair decision. If 75% or more of the people who voted  go with no (In 3 days), the decision is out of the hosts' hands and the 5 people decide. This decision will be final 

I think this could be a pretty cool idea, thoughts? 

how do these 5 people get chosen tho?

Are they allowed to play, manage or even worse host?

Edited by gbwead
2 hours ago, kevola said:

Vote, like your who should replace eric as manager thing

would be cool but popularity contest something something

what other options could you suggest that don't involve a vote? I'm not saying a vote shouldn't be considered for this, it's just not ideal

39 minutes ago, Draekyn said:

would be cool but popularity contest something something

what other options could you suggest that don't involve a vote? I'm not saying a vote shouldn't be considered for this, it's just not ideal

well idk people who voted for the "replacement" of eric voted for who they thought could do a better job or deserved it more and votes weren´t that crazy, so if it gets to happen I´d only allow a single vote for each person and people elected can´t participate in decisions involving their team if they´re playing too, so if in the hypothetical case those persons belong to the same team the decision is on the host only, just that. it would work sort of like the council work but with people elected by the community who plays and not by the host.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.