[PSL 8] Player Signups - June 2nd Deadline for Signups!

Just now, BurntZebra said:

If you don't sign up because you think you won't get drafted, I'll give you a hint; that is exactly why you won't get drafted. You have to be confident in your skills and be willing to try. If you quit before you even start, then you might want to reconsider if competitive play is for you after all. 

I mean

go undrafted 3 times and maybe you understand my pain

1 minute ago, BurntZebra said:

If you don't sign up because you think you won't get drafted, I'll give you a hint; that is exactly why you won't get drafted. You have to be confident in your skills and be willing to try. If you quit before you even start, then you might want to reconsider if competitive play is for you after all. 

you know me better then that come on.

1 minute ago, Bilburt said:

I mean

Reach out to managers before the auction. Prove to them and yourself that you're a valuable asset to a PSL team. Learn a new tier. Be an active member in the competitive community. Play in tournaments. Be innovative and dedicated. 

3 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

Reach out to managers before the auction. Prove to them and yourself that you're a valuable asset to a PSL team. Learn a new tier. Be an active member in the competitive community. Play in tournaments. Be innovative and dedicated. 

LMAO whatever dude!

Edited by Bilburt
forgot the exclamation mark
29 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Correlation=/=causation 

i wasnt going to respond but i have a few minutes of free time waiting for a tourney so why not?

yes the assumption that correlation=causation is a fallacy because correlation does not always mean causation. however it is a common fallacy because correlation often is paired with causation. it's a hint to look closer and get more data. your implication that my logic is faulty in this case is wrong. you know their is causation because you have the example of me and im not the only one. not even asking or looking, other people have told me as much. if your in the secret council you should be looking and asking and would fine the same. 

psl has lost it way.

got 4 minutes till my tourney soo reply quick or dont bother idc i've already written this off as a loss.

Just now, fredrichnietze said:

i wasnt going to respond but i have a few minutes of free time waiting for a tourney so why not?

yes the assumption that correlation=causation is a fallacy because correlation does not always mean causation. however it is a common fallacy because correlation often is paired with causation. it's a hint to look closer and get more data. your implication that my logic is faulty in this case is wrong. you know their is causation because you have the example of me and im not the only one. not even asking or looking, other people have told me as much. if your in the secret council you should be looking and asking and would fine the same. 

psl has lost it way.

got 4 minutes till my tourney soo reply quick or dont bother idc i've already written this off as a loss.

Go sign up

28 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

I mean

I mean

> doesnt make deep runs in tournaments

> super bad trashtalk in psl threads, almost considered spamming

> doesnt reach out to any managers b4 the auction

> considered a meme

Why would any1 draft u? My point is, get gud and show you can be useful to a team. At least EV for them or lend them some vanities so they look cute when fighting or something lmfao.

7 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

psl has lost it way.

you implied that a "lot more" signed up last season when it was, as you would say, an 80 man (nevermind that more than 80 were drafted, and more than 64 will be drafted this season). There are plenty of reasons why there might be less sign ups - we are several months further away from the last update, after all, and the playerbase tends to wane the longer we go without one. Also, no update madness sets in, resulting in massive community drama (it happens every single time i shit you not, flava and I have been tracking it for years). 

So yeah, plenty of reasons why we'd have less sign-ups, we still have plenty of signups to fill the teams and benches, and the actual high profile names who haven't signed up yet certainly aren't holding out for that reason. Also it's not a secret small council anymore, it's Riga, Frags, and I

17 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

There are plenty of reasons why there might be less sign ups - we are several months further away from the last update, after all, and the playerbase tends to wane the longer we go without one

Tbh you're once again extrapolating about MMO players. There are still new players in Pallet Town, and a lot of new faces in tournaments and MM (even if most are bad cause PokeMMO is their first PvP experience, it doesn't mean there aren't good ones).

Fyi there is a lot more activity on the smallest PvP scene now, than 6 months, or one year ago, so no, playerbase isn't waning, it's the total opposite with Unova announced in a few months, people are grinding and training already.

Edited by Kamimiii
Just now, Kamimiii said:

Tbh you're once again extrapolating about MMO players. There are still new players in Pallet Town, and a lot of new faces in tournaments and MM.

Fyi there is a lot more activity on the smallest PvP scene now, than 6 months, or one year ago, so no, playerbase isn't waning, it's the total opposite with the Unova announced in a few months, people are grinding and training already.

There are still new players in pallet town? I don't recall saying that no more new players were coming into the game.

Didn't we just literally get a team tournament that didn't fill a bracket? And you wanna argue that the game is alive and kicking right now? 

18 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

after all, and the playerbase tends to wane the longer we go without one.

Just now, Gunthug said:

There are still new players in pallet town? I don't recall saying that no more new players were coming into the game.

Didn't we just literally get a team tournament that didn't fill a bracket? And you wanna argue that the game is alive and kicking right now? 

The problem with TT is that they are only a few PvP teams, and since it's team exclusive (UNLIKE PSL) and only reaching the old community of PokeMMO, you will indeed not see new faces here.

I could but I won't argue with someone that doesn't play the game anymore.

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Back to Back months with a bye, and that's with LYLE splitting up and forming a new team. Pretty shit.