[PSL 8] Player Signups - June 2nd Deadline for Signups!

3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Ok look at it that way. Everyone is giving shit to LKrenz for overpaying for Frags, but what if another manager was willing to overpay even more for Frags. Why would he not? He would not because LKrenz is in a better position socially to know if Frags will sign up or not. I personally know if my close my friends will sign up like Guerinf and XPLOZ, but most managers don't. I'm not saying my friends are first pick materials, they might or might not be, but the fact that I have sign up information that others don't have is a huge issue regarding sign up bias. If someone overpays for Frags in an auction, well so what? Everyone would have been on an equal playing field which is not the case right now. If a manager believes, based on who he knows has signed up, he will be forced to acquire a player with a perceived poor quality/price ratio unless he trades off his current pick for a worse pick + credits, he would then try to trade off his pick. However, if right after trading off his good pick, a player he would have been really interested in signs up, well he just got utterly fucked because of this broken system. If you want to protect the managers and the competitiveness of PSL, managers need to have the same information.

You're operating under the assumption that frags just wouldn't sign up at all if the manager he wanted wasn't able to get him, which I don't believe is true, at least not for him. Six seasons of PSL went by, and frags played all of them, and he never went into any of them knowing what manager was going to get him. 

2 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

You're operating under the assumption that frags just wouldn't sign up at all if the manager he wanted wasn't able to get him, which I don't believe is true, at least not for him. Six seasons of PSL went by, and frags played all of them, and he never went into any of them knowing what manager was going to get him. 

I'm not saying that Frags will not sign up, I am saying that managers have a right to know which they are being denied right now. Is Osuki signing up? Do you know for sure? There is a huge gap between pick #1 and pick #2 if osuki doesn't sign up, just like there would be a huge gap between pick #2 and pick #3 if he did sign up. Managers need to know if they want to make well informed trades.

Edited by gbwead
Just now, gbwead said:

I'm not saying that Frags will not sign up, I am saying that managers have a right to know which they are being denied right now. Is Osuki signing up? Do you know for sure? There is a huge gap between pick #1 and pick #2 if osuki doesn't sign up, just like there would be a huge gap between pick #2 and pick #3 if he did sign up.

I think you're overestimating how good the #1 and #2 picks are compared to the rest of the picks. I was the #5 pick last season and I beat the #1 and #3 picks in NU, and I beat someone who potentially got help from the #2 pick.  

Just now, BurntZebra said:

I think you're overestimating how good the #1 and #2 picks are compared to the rest of the picks. I was the #5 pick last season and I beat the #1 and #3 picks in NU, and I beat someone who potentially got help from the #2 pick.  

Osuki and Frags were the top picks for a reason. Beating them that one week in one match up means nothing when they can influence and liftup their team for the better. As far as I know, Frags' team still won against yours.

Just now, gbwead said:

Osuki and Frags were the top picks for a reason. Beating them that one week in one match up means nothing when they can influence and liftup their team for the better. As far as I know, Frags' team still won against yours.

Kakunas had a multitude of issues that could not be fixed. Several people were not open to getting help with teambuilding and lacked overall motivation to perform well. 

Just now, BurntZebra said:

Kakunas had a multitude of issues that could not be fixed. Several people were not open to getting help with teambuilding and lacked overall motivation to perform well. 

W.e. It is not very relevant what happened to Kakunas. There is still more to a player than his direct performance and that is very noticable with Osuki and Frags.

Lkrenz gave up a lot for the first pick this season. Did he overpay for the first pick? Well, if you think he didn't overpay, then you are basically admitting that their is huge a gap between pick #1 and pick #2 when we assume Frags will sign up and Osuki won't. If you think he did overpay, then I think you fucked up because, after removing all trades restrictions this season, you decided to take it upon yourself to oversee trades. If in your opinion, LKrenz overpaid, you should have stopped him. I will therefore assume that you don't believe that he overpaid and that you believe there is a fairly relative big gap between pick #1 and pick #2. 

10 minutes ago, gbwead said:

W.e. It is not very relevant what happened to Kakunas. There is still more to a player than his direct performance and that is very noticable with Osuki and Frags.

Lkrenz gave up a lot for the first pick this season. Did he overpay for the first pick? Well, if you think he didn't overpay, then you are basically admitting that their is huge a gap between pick #1 and pick #2 when we assume Frags will sign up and Osuki won't. If you think he did overpay, then I think you fucked up because, after removing all trades restrictions this season, you decided to take it upon yourself to oversee trades. If in your opinion, LKrenz overpaid, you should have stopped him. I will therefore assume that you don't believe that he overpaid and that you believe there is a fairly relative big gap between pick #1 and pick #2. 

Value of players is very subjective. Personally I'd be fine with the #2 pick, since I wouldn't mind getting any of the top 5 players really. JJ just leveraged the fact that he'll choose frags to lkrenz, so that if lkrenz really wanted frags, he'd have to get the #1 pick, but since I and probably other managers don't need frags as much, we wouldn't feel the need to make that trade.

It'll be real funny when frags doesn't sign up even

i dont think gb is overvaluing the top picks at all. on top of frags being, well.. frags comp wise, he's just a leader. you dont just get the #1 player, but you get a motivator, someone willing to go above and beyond to help his teammates. same for osuki. both of these guys were put the team on my back type guys, who lead their teams week after week. it's a 2 for 1 deal, and it's one hell of a deal

1 minute ago, DiDi said:

i dont think gb is overvaluing the top picks at all. on top of frags being, well.. frags comp wise, he's just a leader. you dont just get the #1 player, but you get a motivator, someone willing to go above and beyond to help his teammates. same for osuki. both of these guys were put the team on my back type guys, who lead their teams week after week. it's a 2 for 1 deal, and it's one hell of a deal

Tbh theres more ppl like that, some managers just dont know ;)

1 minute ago, BlackJovi said:

Tbh theres more ppl like that, some managers just dont know ;)

i wasnt saying the 2 top picks specifically, just the top people to draft for these reasons. i only gave frags and osuki as examples because they were already in play

On 2017-5-29 at 2:08 PM, BlackJovi said:

IGN: LeJovi

Timezone: EST

Tiers: OU - UU - DPP OU - NU (If you're desperate)

Fluff: I can hax the shit out of Nik and get DPP wins http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-472145150. I also beat @Kimikozen 3 times in a row while practicing (I'm gud I swear). Official wins in every tier, dank memes, salt...What more could you ask for?. But don't pay too much for me cuz I'll underperform, thx. I'm probably one of the best captains you can get.

Now look at this beautiful dab

vRnDbkl.gif

Attention is a hell of a drug