[PSL 8] Player Signups - June 2nd Deadline for Signups!

19 minutes ago, JIceJDragon said:

added....

I dont think zebra or anyone is going through those posts looking to see if anyone editted their post

I dk what zeb will do but I didn't put together the player signups sheet for the auction until just a little before draft iirc so I caught most edits 

41 minutes ago, OldKeith said:

No, it actually sucked. Most players had no idea what they were doing. 

Keith, Imabe, Rendiz, Bluebreath, Zigh and Kiz did all great. You probably didnt see what we had to go through when ADV was around because VGC was considerably better compared to that.

Edit: Also, all the midseason small tournies were bad except for the vgc tournament where a lot of players competed despite the showdown mess that went down.

Edited by gbwead
7 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Keith, Imabe, Rendiz, Bluebreath, Zigh and Kiz did all great. You probably didnt see what we had to go through when ADV was around because VGC was considerably better compared to that.

I am not sold if  4 or 5 good players make a format suitable for vgc. Let's face it, most players got into VGC just to play in the PSL. And most never played it before. It took me one year to learn VGC to a level in which I qualified for Worlds. It's the hardest format to learn by far. I made a longer post about why VGC was bad.

However LC is easy to learn, but I'd rather see S/M instead. 

Just now, OldKeith said:

I am not sold if  4 or 5 good players make a format suitable for vgc. Let's face it, most players got into VGC just to play in the PSL. And most never played it before. It took me one year to learn VGC to a level in which I qualified for Worlds. It's the hardest format to learn by far. I made a longer post about why VGC was bad.

However LC is easy to learn, but I'd rather see S/M instead. 

This is PSL, not SPL nor Worlds. Per tier, I assume most players are not near SPL or Worlds caliber. I know PSL is a competition, but we need realistic expectations of what is going on here.

11 minutes ago, DoctorPBC said:

would be unfair

It's too late for that anyways:

On 16/05/2017 at 9:01 PM, gbwead said:

2. The PSL sign ups must be closed before anything regarding the picks happen. Last season, there was some fishy sign ups that happened right after some managers got the picks they wanted.

On 17/05/2017 at 2:03 AM, BurntZebra said:

Your number 2 suggestion is something I was already planning on doing.

I am disappointed here @BurntZebra :(

Edit: It's not too late to do the right thing and cancel this broken draft system for a regular auction.

Edited by gbwead
15 minutes ago, gbwead said:

It's too late for that anyways:

I am disappointed here @BurntZebra :(

Edit: It's not too late to do the right thing and cancel this broken draft system for a regular auction.

I thought you meant sign ups happened like during the draft or something, after a manager got the person they wanted in a draft. In the interest of time, it's easier to just allow people to trade picks concurrently with player sign ups. Realistically, there will be a very small number of people that won't sign up because their bff manager didn't get the #1 or #2 pick, so they might end up on the team they want to.  

I have added a deadline to the player sign ups. Friday at 11:59 PM gives the managers and I a lot of flexibility on when we can do the draft and auction, and realistically, everyone has seen the player signup threads at this point, and the people who haven't signed up are just waiting until the last day to sign up. 

1 minute ago, BurntZebra said:

Realistically, there will be a very small number of people that won't sign up because their bff manager didn't get the #1 or #2 pick, so they might end up on the team they want to.  

It's not about the number of players here. It's about the players's quality. Frags and Osuki have not even signed up and the first pick, as well as the second, has already been traded off. We all know Frags will most likely sign up, but still. The draft system is already unbalanced and now the managers do not even have the same information regarding what player will be participating. Sign up bias has always been a PSL issue that have been brushed off as if it was nothing and it seems this season will be no different :/

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

It's not about the number of players here. It's about the players's quality. Frags and Osuki have not even signed up and the first pick, as well as the second, has already been traded off. We all know Frags will most likely sign up, but still. The draft system is already unbalanced and now the managers do not even have the same information regarding what player will be participating. Sign up bias has always been a PSL issue that have been brushed off as if it was nothing and it seems this season will be no different :/

It's not really that different than using the auction to get someone you want. Would you prefer someone to spend credits+picks to get the #1 pick to get frags, or someone in an auction to overpay massively for frags (like 40k or something)?

Just now, BurntZebra said:

It's not really that different than using the auction to get someone you want. Would you prefer someone to spend credits+picks to get the #1 pick to get frags, or someone in an auction to overpay massively for frags (like 40k or something)?

Ok look at it that way. Everyone is giving shit to LKrenz for overpaying for Frags, but what if another manager was willing to overpay even more for Frags. Why would he not? He would not because LKrenz is in a better position socially to know if Frags will sign up or not. I personally know if my close my friends will sign up like Guerinf and XPLOZ, but most managers don't. I'm not saying my friends are first pick materials, they might or might not be, but the fact that I have sign up information that others don't have is a huge issue regarding sign up bias. If someone overpays for Frags in an auction, well so what? Everyone would have been on an equal playing field which is not the case right now. If a manager believes, based on who he knows has signed up, he will be forced to acquire a player with a perceived poor quality/price ratio unless he trades off his current pick for a worse pick + credits, he would then try to trade off his pick. However, if right after trading off his good pick, a player he would have been really interested in signs up, well he just got utterly fucked because of this broken system. If you want to protect the managers and the competitiveness of PSL, managers need to have the same information.