[PSL 8] Predictions Thread

This thread is to post predictions on various things, such as which managers will be selected this season, which player will be drafted first / bought for the highest price, predicting results to some hyped battles, or who'll be this season's breakout player?

Edited by Suneet

Managers picking predicts:

Coolio- absolute no brainer, defending the title, won (I think) the most PSL's, he just has to be a manager

LifeStyle/ Jovi- tough to say which one, but surely one of them. My pick would be LifeStyle prob but both of them getting a manager position wouldn't surprise me even a tiny bit

Keith- Picking this guy as a manager guarantees that this season is not gonna be boring in terms of shittalk

LKrenz- imo, from all the people, this one is the most deserving one in terms of becoming a manager, absolutely fantastic player who should get a shot

Tranz- jk, he's bad

Dunno about the rest, sign ups seem pretty shit and so does the rest of the managers maybe aside from Parke

I guess I'll give my insight on my opponents as well. Please take no offense, I don't mean anything hurtful from what I am about to say. Just pure biased opinion.

1. ElCoolio - Zebra shocked the world by removing the auto-birth for the champion, but Coolio despite how lucky he is, has won a total of four times as both manager and player. He's really fun to work with as a host and his draft day is truly entertaining to watch unfold. Although it is starting to get stale knowing that he's just going to chase Fab, Toast, and Legend season in and season out. 
  2. LifeStyle v LeJovi v Doc - NORE has I think six applications currently in and I'm sure they'll get no fewer than two positions in this year's manager pool. Jovi would be an excellent manager imo, but the host, the small council, and I'm sure the community have their doubts. LifeStyle is as loyal as you can get and is a certified competitor. He knows the community and he can bring the hype. He absolutely deserves a position, but his character overlaps with Jovi's so much, it's difficult to choose between the two. Doc is the NORE wild card that was a good manager in season six that worked through a lot of obstacles and natural disasters. Of these three, I give the nod to Life and Doc. Simply because Jovi unfriended me on snapchat without telling me. You uguu you =)
  3. KaynineXL - Kay unfortunately missed his draft in season 6 due to a busy life schedule, he was still able to pull the team that Garyy built for him to an undefeated regular season and a worthwhile playoff performance. In the following season, Kay drafted his own team and was again able to recreate the success he had in his debut season. Unfortunately  he fell just short of a championship, and thus he has a pretty big chip on his shoulder and something to prove. Although, Kay is a little boring as a HYPE man and simply focuses on his team rather than the event itself. While that isn't a fault, we just wish Kay had some bad blood that could spill onto the scene... and speaking of which...
  4. EricTheGreat - PSL 7's Manager of the Season as voted by team managers, Eric was the "nice guy" who didn't actually finish last but was halfway decent. He had several player of the seasons on his roster and that was mostly due to his cunning in the draft and through trades. He definitely is entertaining and is the antagonist to Kay's, beating him out for that manager prize. 
  5. Lkrenz - This guy was an absolute beast in Doubles these past two seasons, earning Player of the Season in both PSL6 and 7. He was Eric's captain last go around, and many considered him the brain power behind their team. He definitely has earned himself a position among this elite group. 

The final two spots are really up for grabs in my opinion and it's at the discretion of the host and his small council to decide. There are a few interesting story lines that they could build on with certain selections. For instance, TJ could finally find his redemption for his poor drafts (yes they were terrible), Parke can finally lift himself up from meme territory after being ass season in and season out, Keith could prosper as that wild card, ticking time bomb of a rage machine, Laz can fill that "SpartacusGD" role by being the quintessential 'draft a solid team of warriors' type of manager, or you could go with me, the drama machine, who would provide that LYLE v NORE entertainment considering Kay likely doesn't carry the hate that I do. 

I certainly do not envy the Zebra and his small council. Selecting managers is one of the funnest and yet difficult parts of the PSL, and unfortunately no matter what decision is made, there will be ridicule and scrutiny. Good luck to the other managers in the running! I'm looking forward to the season to unfold. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.