Randomised Shiny Reward After Winning Tournament

Instead of staff creating the shiny prizes, why not have the game give you a random shiny prize out of a certain list of each respective tier.

Of course the rarity of the Pokemon decides the chances you'll get that reward.

Pros:

We don't need to uguu about the shiny prizes staff give if they're random.

Another sense of excitement not knowing what you'll receive at the end.

Cons:

The prizes given out cannot be monitored to make sure there isn't an overflow of a specific shiny, although devs could force a specific shiny to be removed from the pool for a month or so after it's already been rewarded.

14 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

pls no, we already have so much dumb rng on this game, I don't wanna win a tourney and then get a shiny Caterpie or some shit

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

out of a certain list of each respective tier.

Don't play NU and you will not have shit shiny.

Edited by Heniway
was a joke but stupid people don't understand it.
2 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

wow well, when you put it that way...OK!

You know what I mean, don't play stupid. NU tiers have more bad shiny than others, just that. But yeah, you could also have a big one like Nosepass or claydol.

Edited by Heniway
added an option.
Just now, Heniway said:

You know what I mean, don't play stupid. NU tiers have more bad shiny than others, just that. But yeah, you could also have a big one like Nosepass.

and that's why we have staff to pick approriate prizes for it?...why would we turn that into something reliant on RNG

or better yet, why is stop playing a tier I'm best at a solution for that

anyways, I doubt this suggestion gets approved so no need for me to start getting triggered

6 minutes ago, Heniway said:

You know what I mean, don't play stupid. NU tiers have more bad shiny than others, just that. But yeah, you could also have a big one like Nosepass or claydol.

I assume the prize pool will be selected regarding NU usage. I dont think Nosepass may be in.

1 minute ago, Raederz said:

I assume the prize pool will be selected regarding NU usage. I dont think Nosepass may be in.

If it's like Kevola said, yeah, Nosepass won't be in it but still, NU have some great shiny if you put just those with a good usage. And you won't have shit like rattata or caterpie.

Edited by Heniway

We have no interest in randomizing shiny prizes. Doing so is likely to cause more problems than it attempts to solve - receiving something undesirable from such a system would be disappointing, and some may think of it as unfair if they receive a significantly worse prize for winning a long tournament than what is given out for a short one. Additionally, we will never be giving out rare species such as starters for standard tournaments, and removing them from the potential prize pool would only worsen the quality of prizes overall.

Edited by RacheLucario
  • Rache locked this topic