Rate my Team (OU)

I have heard from several people that the meta-game in pokemmo is vastly different than that in normal gen III pokemon, so I thought I would get you guys feedback on this team. Let me know what you guys think and if it would be viable for competitive OU

Gyarados

Ability: Intimidate

Nature: Adamant

Item: lum berry

EV: 68 hp, 252 attack, 188 speed

Moves: Taunt, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Earthquake

Heracross

Ability: Guts

Nature: Jolly

Item: Choice Band

EV: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp

Moves: Megahorn, Close combat, rock slide, facade

Jolteon

Ability: Volt Absorb

Nature: Modest

Item: Life orb (or whatever the equivalent is in pokemmo)

EV: 252 sp attack, 252 speed, 4 hp

Moves: Thunderbolt, signal beam, Hidden Power Ice, Quick attack

Dusclops

Ability: Pressure

Nature: Calm

Item: Leftovers

EV: 252 hp, 36 sp attack, 20 def, 200 sp def

Moves: Rest, Sleep Talk, Shadow Ball, Wil-o-Wisp

Chansey

Ability: Natural Cure

Nature: Bold

Item: leftovers

EV: 106 hp, 252 def, 152 sp def

Moves: Wish, Protect, toxic, seismic toss 

Forretress (Careful)

Ability: Sturdy

Nature: Careful

EV: 252 hp, 4 def, 252 sp def

Moves: Rapid Spin, Spikes, Hidden Power Bug, Stealth rocks (if pokemmo doesn't have stealth rocks for Forretress then I'd sub for explosion)

Please do not just post "this is bad". I'd prefer suggestions on improvements and constructive feedback. Thanks (:

Edited by hp73
48 minutes ago, hp73 said:

Heracross

Close combat is not ingame, choose brick break or low kick instead.

49 minutes ago, hp73 said:

Jolteon

timid is better, and quick attack is a poor move choice. growth, substitute and wish are some better options.

50 minutes ago, hp73 said:

Forretress (Careful)

Moves: Rapid Spin, Spikes, Hidden Power Bug, Stealth rocks (if pokemmo doesn't have stealth rocks for Forretress then I'd sub for explosion)

hidden power bug will be terrible, since you have careful nature. go for pin missile if you can, and have earthquake as final move to hit magneton and other steel types.

11 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

Close combat is not ingame, choose brick break or low kick instead.

timid is better, and quick attack is a poor move choice. growth, substitute and wish are some better options.

hidden power bug will be terrible, since you have careful nature. go for pin missile if you can, and have earthquake as final move to hit magneton and other steel types.

Thanks, I added all of these suggestions to my team!

11 hours ago, TJXD said:

Milotic over your dusclops would help your defensive coverage a ton, will look more into your sets in a bit.

Would this set work alright with Milotic? I'm a big fan of sleeptalk stall outs. 

Ability: Marvel scale

EVs: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 sp attack

Moves: sleep talk , rest, toxic, Surf

Just now, hp73 said:

Thanks, I added all of these suggestions to my team!

Would this set work alright with Milotic? I'm a big fan of sleeptalk stall outs. 

Ability: Marvel scale

EVs: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 sp attack

Moves: sleep talk , rest, toxic, Surf

you want hp ele on milo, recover as well. probably surf, last move ibeam toxic haze, whatever you want. i prefer toxic 

Heracross make sure to put pursuit

Forretress - pin missle and then counter/pain split/eq/toxic

pin missle is an egg move

Dusclops - willow/toss/rest/shadow ball would work better than sleep talk..

I'm not really sure how viable your team is tbh, at first glance I don't see much for mixed meta or flygon the good news is all those pokes with the changes I suggested are viable.

I would run a physical defensive dusclops instead, since you already have chansey.

For the move set I would run: seismic toss, pain split, thunderpunch (mainly for gyarados) and haze/toxic/will-o-wisp.

I also would prefer to run life orb or leftovers on gyarados.

(edited the post due to a little mistake)

Edited by Maelstrom

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

For Heracross, I think superpower would be better as your fighting type stab (he has acess to it, right?), since we still don't have closed combat on pokemmo.

If only Hera had SP right ? pls stop saying shit to begginers u fkin trolls

13 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

If only Hera had SP right ? pls stop saying shit to begginers u fkin trolls

Yes, I thought it could have, but I wasn't sure, that's why I asked for confirmation on the parentheses, but my bad, I should have been clear about not being sure about or just checked it before posting.

But anyway, there's no need to be so rude...

No I'm a b*tch if I stop being rude I'll lose my identity as a b*tch and will end without a purpose on this game, trying to be manager for PSL8 just like this random DiDi.

(Lemme 30 more minuts so I can write the longest message ever to help hp73)

Edited by Kamimiii
On 26/05/2017 at 5:36 AM, hp73 said:

Gyarados

Ability: Intimidate

Nature: Adamant

Item: lum berry

EV: 68 hp, 252 attack, 188 speed

Moves: Taunt, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Earthquake

Heracross

Jolteon

Dusclops

Ability: Pressure

Nature: Calm

EV: 252 hp, 36 sp attack, 20 def, 200 sp def

Moves: Rest, Sleep Talk, Shadow Ball, Wil-o-Wisp

Chansey

Ability: Natural Cure

Item: leftovers

EV: 106 hp, 252 def, 152 sp def

Moves: Wish, Protect, toxic, seismic toss 

Forretress (Careful)

My thoughts on the set you chose and the things in the meta that could fuck you up imo :

- Gyarados : First of all, your EVs are wrong, 188 will only allow you to have 167 speed after one DD, which means you are speed tieing with Flygon, which is crap. So either you put 196 EV, or you play it the other way around and this one will have to be JOLLY otherwise you won't outspeed 130 base speed with speed nature pokemons (aka 200 speed lvl 50), you'll need your gyarados to be JOLLY and at least having enough EV's on it to reach 134 (134 after 1 DD is 201), however I recommand some more EV's on it, so you can actually outspeed the dumb people that put exactly 134 speed, so I'd say, 172 EV with 31 IV speed and jolly nature AT LEAST to reach 135. Now the item, as Gyarados, I don't really respect the Lum Berry a lot, even if it allows you to switch on Chansey, Arcanine, and other stuff, on top of that you're playing it as a lead, so the guy will most likely bring a Milotic or something that really counters Gyara everytime you are switching it in. I see you are willing to play spikes in the team in order to punish that which is good, however if you allow Milo to recover for free everytime you are on Gyarados, it won't work. Life orb would allow you to hit a decent 44 to 52% on full defense Milotic after 1 DD, which is really pressuring BUT leftovers coupled with Taunt is pretty good for setup'ing some DDs, you can also try to predict a recover and Taunt, and he'll be forced to switch out when you bring your Chansey or Heracross to finish it off, which will lower his HP again next time it comes in cause you have spikes on. About the moveset now, I think it's decent, I like Taunt over Thunder-Wave or Crunch, it'll allow you to switch out on something without getting status-ed for free.

- Heracross : Many ways to play it, CB Jolly is prolly one of the best if not the best, however you need Pursuit in the set, and Low Kick on Close Combat as it doesn't exist yet on the game. Façade is an interesting choice but I rather not bet on the low probability you're gonna get statused (Guts is enough you don't need to have 1200 attack for it to be good), and I'll take the x2 Earthquake on Arcanine and Metagross instead. That leaves you with Megahorn LowKick Pursuit and Earthquake/Rockslide, you're up to choose what you want, but imo a second Earthquake isn't too bad even if you have one on Gyarados already cause it has 25 more Base Power than RockSlide. Some people prefer RockSlide but I'm not part of this trash RS club.

- Jolteon : Prolly one of the worse sweepers you could be using with your team with the set you chose. You have to understand one thing, Chansey, Venusaur Calm, and Porygon2 Calm ARE in the ennemy team. You need to play a moveset that takes advantage on that. The second point is that they are a TON of choice scarfs, at least 1 per team, on PokeMMO, which means a set without growth, substitute, toxic or wish, will be useless against walls (1st point) AND also very dangerous against scarfs, as you'll have to predict a switch otherwise you'll lose tempo again. (btw modest full EV speed is trash, since timid starmie and sceptile outspeed you for example, you want timid on jolteon, or modest with gimmicky sets but that's not for begginers and doesn't suit your team build anyway).

My suggestions in order to make it work :

1 - Timid / 252 speed 84 hp (31IV) 172 special attack / which means 31/even/even/31/odd/31 as IVs / Thunderbolt - HP Ice - Growth - Rest / Chesto Berry

2 - Timid / 252 speed 252 special attack 4 special defense / you NEED 28-29 IV HP on this one so 29/even/even/31/odd/31 OR 28/x/even/31/odd/31 as IVs / Life orb

Moveset can be multiple things, like Substitute - Growth - Tbolt - HP Ice, or Tbolt - HP Ice - Signal Beam - Hypervoice, or whatever you want, this set is a late game sweeper coupled with spikes, can easily take care of the ennemy team without Chansey, or force Chansey to take 25% from Spikes, then you can switch on your Heracross or something to scare it again and gain tempo.

3 - Timid / 252 speed 164 hp 92 special attack / 31/even/even/31/odd/31 as IVs / Tbolt - HP Ice - Growth - Wish / Leftovers (counters Chansey without toxik since you don't lose HP from the seismic tosses with 160 HP total and using wish : you recover 80 and 2x10 from leftovers every 2 turns)

4 - Basically every set with substitute coupled with leftovers and 3 attacks, or sub growth, or wish substitute, try to ask to an experienced player before breeding it tho.

Investing hp EVs is not needed if you use it as late game sweeper, but these hp invested sets are the midgame ones, to take advantage and break ennemy defenses (coupled with spikes and Heracross, it works wonder).

- Dusclops : I'm not experienced at all since I never used one, so I'll make it short. In your case, his role is to antispin starmie and foretress, so Calm is good, but even if it seems you like Sleep Talk, this is total trash (sorry cutie for breaking your dreams). Your EVs are weirds, but as I said I never used one to I'll leave it to players that actually use it (fucking dirty wall players). Your moveset : I'd recommand WOW - Seismic Toss - Shadowball - and since your Chansey doesnt have aromatherapy, PainSplit as last move. Leftovers of course.

- Chansey : First of all the EVs, you want 252 HP, 252 Def and 4 Speed (if 31 IV, otherwise put it in special defense), nothing else. You don't need special defense to wall stuff, and you need HP and DEF fully invested to endure some OHKOs from Metagross, Flygon and a lot of 2 HKOs from basically everything. (BUT YOU WONT STAY UNLESS YOU'RE FORCED TO, ONLY LATE GAME WHEN U HAVE NO CHOICE). You can play a lot of movesets on Chansey, I like the Wish one, but I don't think you have a room for Toxic on it, you need Thunder Wave in my opinion. But once again, I don't play Chansey, and I don't know what people use the most as Wish Chansey, so ask the other ppl about that one.

- Forretress : 2 possible ways to go :

Careful : 252hp 252 spdef 4 def / Spikes - Rapid Spin - Pin Missile - Earthquake/Counter/Toxic // Leftovers

Sassy : same EVs prolly, but need confirmation / Spikes - Rapid Spin - HP Fire - Earthquake or Pin Missile / Leftovers

Overall thoughts : The team is interesting, but you'll struggle against Gyarados and Mixed Metagross, or Flygon for example, indeed you lack a reliable switch to Earthquakes and heavy choice banders stabs (forretress being special, he'll take a lot of damages and I'm not sure the recovery from Wish Chansey will be enough to keep it alive long enough). Your team is weak against setup pokemons : you don't have any priority attack, and your only fast sweeper can't OHKO an Alakazam or Espeon, even with Signal Beam, Life Orb, and 252 Special Attack EVs. You have a good synergy, but not perfect at all, and you're gonna struggle at first. You'll have to try a lot of stuff and understand what sets are the most commons in the meta.

Good luck with your first team, I hope you'll be motivated enough to learn this complicated metagame and adapt to it by breeding other pokemons to overcome your team's weaknesses.

CYAAA

Edited by Kamimiii
  • Mike locked this topic