PokeCharity Link

Bestfriends

Question

5141572391a2e980b68b622bbd46d874.pngPokeCharity Link5141572391a2e980b68b622bbd46d874.png

a29cbfe4c89dc34b430a8bf0dc1478bb.png

Good afternoon people of PokeMMO! Some people ask for garbage and they bother you in popular cities like Vermillion. I can suggest staff to mute said players for their constant requests, but that is (in my view) quite cruel. Some people want pokemon they can use on their adventure. Some people want random junk in your PC, and I have a possible answer, the PokeCharity Link or PCL! What is the PCL? That is a good question, the PCL is kind of like GTL (or Global Trade Link), but different. Here is how I suggest for this to work....

756bb1f0bb39697e996082b7234bc243.png

Step by Step Process:

Spoiler

a) It is going to be a separate icon from GTL....

3cc4e964aded78ee23bce4a137f7b29a.png

b) Once you click the icon, there is going to be 3 options for this feature....

970da47c0bbe56c498564bbcf27e03c2.png

Tab 1: Apply for the "PokeCharity Program"

a) Giver: Check an agreement that your not going to abuse the system with an alt and if your caught doing so, your privilege of using this program is going to be revoked.

b) Taker: Check a box that says "Enroll" and if you want to discontinue the program, you can "Withdraw from Program."

Tab 2: The PokeCharity Listing, once you receive a pokemon, it automatically becomes a "Gift" pokemon, so you cannot resell it.

Tab 3 (for the Giver): Just like on GTL, you can see the listing.

Spoiler

6a3ae73ac64080cfd398ba4735ecf8aa.png

Tab 3 (for the Taker): You can drop a pokemon in the box and donate it. If a new player takes the pokemon, you receive a flat reward of 5000 PokeYen for each pokemon to promote the charitable cause.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions about the Program:

Spoiler

1. How can we ensure that this system is not broken?

Answer: As I mentioned in part b, Tab 1, part a, we have the Giver check a box that he/she is not going to use this system to benefit an alt.

2. What is the basic rule in the enrollment of the program to make sure that we can prevent "free handouts?"

Answer: My belief is simple, you need to work for what you got, so the new player can enroll in the program. Also, in order to qualify for pokemon to be obtained, you have to pay the 5% fee each week and then once your qualified to take a pokemon, you can pay 10% from there. The time that you need to wait is 2 weeks.

3. How much will the Giver have to pay?

Answer: Since he/she is doing a service, he/she has to pay a fee of exactly 0 PokeYen. Think of this as a "write off" system except without taxes included.

4. What will happen if I "give away" a pokemon on PCL?

Answer: There is a direct benefit in that you won't have to pay a fee to "give" a pokemon. However, there is a down side, you cannot pick a price due to the flat reward of 5000 PokeYen, so it is implied that you want that amount.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Remarks:

Spoiler

There was a state in the USA that gave me the concept for this suggestion, California. For anyone that may not be familiar with California's law on recycling, if you give a recycling agency some bottles and cans back instead of throwing them out, you get paid. I am not sure of the amount since I do not live in California, but from what I heard, it is about a dime (I am not sure if I am right on that or not). The PokeCharity Link idea came to mind and also newer players asking other players to donate pokemon to them. Most of the experienced player base is extremely irritated at newer players, so I think that this program is good without the need for player to player interaction. If there are any flaws in my suggestion, please let me know.

2 answers to this question

Catching a Pokémon is the cornerstone of this game. As you know, there aren't many hurdles early game, hence the only grind left for storyline is trying to find that one Pokémon that you desire.

If a person desires a certain Pokémon, they should grind for it(either pokeyen or catching). If they just get it handed down, then it removes the sense of fulfillment gained in wasting your time for those pixels.

This would further encourage the laziness among fresh players."Why should i work, when i get things for free" mentality.

What really makes me wonder is that there are Pokémon listed at stupidly cheap prices on gtl. If there are still beggers ingame, then either they are trolling or don't know how to use the gtl.

In which case, an ingame tutorial would be the way to go.

Edited by Bishav
43 minutes ago, Bishav said:

Catching a Pokémon is the cornerstone of this game. As you know, there aren't many hurdles early game, hence the only grind left for storyline is trying to find that one Pokémon that you desire.

If a person desires a certain Pokémon, they should grind for it(either pokeyen or catching). If they just get it handed down, then it removes the sense of fulfillment gained in wasting your time for those pixels.

This would further encourage the laziness among fresh players."Why should i work, when i get things for free" mentality.

What really makes me wonder is that there are Pokémon listed at stupidly cheap prices on gtl. If there are still beggers ingame, then either they are trolling or don't know how to use the gtl.

Good afternoon Bishav, I would like to address  your claim about laziness. I want there to be a 10% fee for this service every week. If the player cannot support himself/herself, the service is automatically shut off. If someone wants a Beldom in Kanto or a Grimer in Hoenn, this would be a good way to do it. Another thing to note about the program is that I am suggesting to the developers to make the pokemon obtained by the program "gifts." I want the PokeCharity Link to be a last resort in case players cannot afford the Global Trade Link.