NU Leaderboard Tournament #2 (June 28th)

Gl1dzwy.png

This will be the last Leaderboard Tournament for now due to dying interest in them and ranked matchmaking, it may return in the future. After this tournament Community Combat will proceed to fill back in its time-slot as it was before these were made.

1st Place Prize: $2,000,000 Pokeyen

2nd Place Prize: $1,000,000 Pokeyen

3rd & 4th Place Prize: $500,000 Pokeyen

Details:

16 Players
6v6 NU Tournament
Ranked Leaderboard Tournament
Automated Tournament

Date and Time:
Date: Wednesday June 28th
Time: 22:00 BST | 17:00 EDT

Registrations will open 15 minutes prior to the tournaments  The first 7 and a half minutes only allow the top 16 to signup, the remainder of the time after that places 17-32 will also be able to queue and have a chance to compete if people do not show up. You can register by clicking on the PvP menu option (Masterball icon) and then select "Tournament Signup".

Clauses:
Sleep/OHKO/Pristine/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Bag Item/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean

Banned moves: 
Baton Pass

List of banned Pokemon:

Dragonite | Dugtrio | Gengar | Salamence | Tyranitar
Wobbufet | Blissey | Snorlax | Aerodactyl | Alakazam
Arcanine | Blaziken | Breloom | Chansey | Charizard
Dusclops | Espeon | Flygon | Forretress | Gardevoir
Gyarados | Heracross | Haunter | Jolteon | Kingrda
Ludicolo | Magneton | Medicham | Metagross | Milotic
Porygon2 | Rhydon | Skarmory | Slowbro | Starmie
Swampert | Tauros | Umbreon | Venusaur | Weezing
Typhlosion | Sceptile } Tentacruel | Dodrio | Feraligatr
Hariyama | Houndoom | Linoone | Machamp | Marowak 
Ursaring | Zangoose | Slaking | Espeon | Aggron | Altaria
Ampharos | Armaldo | Blastoise | Clefable | Cloyster
Cradily | Crawdaunt | Crobat  | Donphan | Exeggutor
Glalie | Hitmonlee | Lanturn | Lapras | Manectric
Meganium | Nidoqueen | Omastar | Quagsire  | Slowking
Sneasel | Steelix | Swellow | Tentacruel | Vileplume
Vaporeon | Golem | Absol | Misdreavus | Ninetales
Poliwrath | Granbull | Pikachu | Grumpig | Kangaskhan
Cacturne | Azumarill | Jynx | Sharpedo

Ranked Matchmaking Times:

OU: 5:30 PM - 6:15 PM, 10:30 PM - 11:15 PM, 1:30 AM - 2:15 AM UTC

UU: 7:00 PM - 7:45 PM, 12:00 AM - 12:45 AM, 3:00 AM - 3:45 AM UTC

NU: 6:15 PM - 7:00 PM, 11:15 PM - 12:00 AM, 2:15 AM - 3:00 AM UTC

Notes:

Disconnecting during a match will result in a DQ.

It sort of worked the first few months at least, it just took excessive advertising that almost killed me, did not have the energy to do it again for the second set so went into them knowing it was either going to work on its own or not work under the current system. I'd say some things were learned and hopefully the system can be tweaked in the future as we do recognize there are flaws with it, how to fix it I am not aware of yet and not sure if the Devs have anything in mind currently.

How to fix it ? 
1- Giving higher BP reward
2- Lowering the amount of players required to start a match from 6 to 4
3- Coding the matchmaking so that players who disconnect instantly ( to grind BP ) cannot play for an hour or so~ 
Although, I'm pretty sure there are other ways of abusing the matchmaking grind, but once a staff member starts punishing people, I'm sure they will stop at some point.
4- Announcing when the NU and UU ranked matchmaking starts in system chat.

• 1 month later...

Really sad turnout for this, only 10 spots filled in a 16 man bracket. UU/NU matchmaking obviously hasn't been hype since it was ever implemented but Devs don't even bother finding solutions to improve it, so well I have a few simple ones.

1- Increase the BP payout for unranked matches from 500 to 1000 base in lower tiers. I think this will lead people to consider trying those instead of OU unranked, giving them experience in those which will then result in those tiers to grow further and maybe see ranked sessions getting some love too.

2- Have a dank shiny prize for Leaderboard tourneys, like serious why is this not a thing? What kind of motivation should a player have to grind to Top16 in any tier if by the end of the month the best they can get is 2M? Might as well just afk all day tbh.

Now imagine if we had rotating shiny prizes for each Leaderboard tourney like ex: Flygon / Ursaring / Zangoose for OU, Jynx / Crawdaunt / Aggron for UU, Roselia / Walrein / Granbull for NU. Don't you think people would actually have a reason to hop on everyday and play ranked?

3- All of which Lazaaro suggested too.

Shame that these Leaderboard tourneys will end for now because of the lack of hype around them, anyways thanks for hosting these @Munya.

19 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Really sad turnout for this, only 10 spots filled in a 16 man bracket. UU/NU matchmaking obviously hasn't been hype since it was ever implemented but Devs don't even bother finding solutions to improve it, so well I have a few simple ones.

1- Increase the BP payout for unranked matches from 500 to 1000 base in lower tiers. I think this will lead people to consider trying those instead of OU unranked, giving them experience in those which will then result in those tiers to grow further and maybe see ranked sessions getting some love too.

2- Have a dank shiny prize for Leaderboard tourneys, like serious why is this not a thing? What kind of motivation should a player have to grind to Top16 in any tier if by the end of the month the best they can get is 2M? Might as well just afk all day tbh.

Now imagine if we had rotating shiny prizes for each Leaderboard tourney like ex: Flygon / Ursaring / Zangoose for OU, Jynx / Crawdaunt / Aggron for UU, Roselia / Walrein / Granbull for NU. Don't you think people would actually have a reason to hop on everyday and play ranked?

3- All of which Lazaaro suggested too.

Shame that these Leaderboard tourneys will end for now because of the lack of hype around them, anyways thanks for hosting these @Munya.

Before I make a post congratulating the winners I think I should probably directly respond to this.  The devs do acknowledge that there are issues with the current leaderboard system, I went into this with a few goals in mind for myself, the main one being trying to boost usage as well as proving to myself partly that this system either works or doesn't. Came out of it knowing without a doubt that it doesn't.  They knew from the start though, before I ever held these, but Unova is currently the number one priority, once it is released perhaps the leaderboard system can be revisited, it eventually will its just a matter of priorities atm. 

Regardless, the first 3 months were fun when we had some lesser tier matches happening, and I am a little sad that it didn't work out with the current system but, perhaps when this is worked on again it will work out better.

Why is that thing on a weekday ?

smh smd, guess u guys didn't want a full bracket anyway 

Because it was off the books, just like Community Combat, it was an extension of the CC system where it could be held independently of the normal tournaments we have.

1 minute ago, Munya said:

Before I make a post congratulating the winners I think I should probably directly respond to this.  The devs do acknowledge that there are issues with the current leaderboard system, I went into this with a few goals in mind for myself, the main one being trying to boost usage as well as proving to myself partly that this system either works or doesn't. Came out of it knowing without a doubt that it doesn't.  They knew from the start though, before I ever held these, but Unova is currently the number one priority, once it is released perhaps the leaderboard system can be revisited, it eventually will its just a matter of priorities atm. 

Regardless, the first 3 months were fun when we had some lesser tier matches happening, and I am a little sad that it didn't work out with the current system but, perhaps when this is worked on again it will work out better.

Because it was off the books, just like Community Combat, it was an extension of the CC system where it could be held independently of the normal tournaments we have.

Same

• Munya locked this topic