What zone to catch Lickitung in?

Vijce

Before you think I'm just too lazy to google, I did consult this guide right here.

However it is stated there that Lickitung has an "average" encounter rate in area 2, while Chansey is rare and Tauros counts as very rare. I've walked around in area 2 quite a bit since, and those rarities seem to either be off or at least dated, because the number of both Chansey and Tauros I find is considerably higher than the number of Lickitung.

In fact, hunting for Tauros in Area 3 has had me encountering more Lickitung than hunting in Area 2.

But the real dealbreaker for me is how, if Lickitung should be considered of average rarity, it should appear roughly as often as Nidorino and Paras, which is just outright not true.

With that I ask, where do I best hunt Lickitung? Is the guide incorrect or dated, or is my gathered data just very unrepresentative of the truth? I'd really like to work on completing my Caught OT Pokedex, but goddamn if Lickitung hasn't turned me off visiting the Safari zone lately.

Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, Vijce said:

But the real dealbreaker for me is how, if Lickitung should be considered of average rarity, it should appear roughly as often as Nidorino and Paras, which is just outright not true.

That's because the guide is wrong.

If you check the in-game 'dex, you would see that it is listed as 'Rare'.

If memory serves correctly, I believe Zone 1 might have the highest rate.

• Zehkar locked this topic