[PSL 8] Manager Signup Thread - MANAGERS SELECTED

If you're in this thread, you're probably interested in becoming a manager for PSL this season.

Before you sign up, you should be familiar with the rules of PSL and the responsibilities of managers.

Taken from the general thread, which was partially taken from the Smogon SPL thread.

• The manager shall send the host weekly rosters
  • The manager shall ensure to his/her best capabilities that every match will be completed by the deadline
  • The manager shall inform the host as to why a match failed to be completed in the event that one fails
  • The managers shall inform the host of any substitutions that need to be made
  • The manager shall inform the host of any attempts of cheating by his team or others
  • The manager oversees all trades involving their team
  • The manager oversees both drafts unless unable to be present, in which case the manager shall appoint someone to draft on their behalf
  • The manager shall name a team captain who shall act in their steed should they be absent

You should also consider these questions.

• Can I stay active through the whole season?
  • Can I communicate well with my players?
  • Can I handle team finances?
  • Can I keep an eye on my players and those of the opponent?
  • Do I have knowledge of the competitive scene and the players?
  • Will I keep interest, even when I'm on the losing side?
  • Do I understand and can I make my players understand the terms & conditions of the PSL?
  • Will I maintain respect for my host and the decisions they make?
  • Do I have the availability to manage a team, participate in a draft, and respond to the host whenever a question presents itself?

If you answered yes to all these questions and understand your responsibilities as a manager, then you are free to sign up to be a manager, using the following form.

IGN: post your in-game name here

PokeMMO Team:  post your in-game team here

Experience: post the number of PSL seasons you've been involved in, and whether you were a manager, player, host, winner, etc. 

Motivation: post why you want to be a manager this season and what you are willing to do to be a champion

Fluff: post anything and everything that might help this application be relevant

There are eight open slots for managers this season. The eight managers will be chosen by myself, with the help of my trusty council of peers. The manager selection process is competitive, as there are typically many people interested in becoming a manager, so do not become discouraged if you do not get chosen to be a manager this season of PSL.  

List of applicants:

DoubleJ, DiDi, Havsha, EricTheGreat, TheChampionMike, Elcoolio, KaynineXL, Lifestyle, LeJovi, OldKeith, Linken, Parke, DoctorPBJ, JIce, YungTor, SirVector, Lazaaro, overToasted, Telf, aftershocker, StriderxD, Lkrenz, GymLeaderGaryy

Deadline: May 27th 11:59 PM EST - This Saturday

Edited by BurntZebra

IGN: EricTheGreat

PokeMMO Team:  VVVV

Experience:  I have been a player of PokeMMO since the very beginning in 2012. I've been apart of legendary moments, tournaments, and teams. I've seen the meta, as well as players, come and go. I have been involved in 5 PSL seasons: one, two (PSL Champion), three, six, and seven. The managers I've played with have been some of the best, as well as some of the worst. I took my experience throughout the years and put it towards my own team in season seven. I managed the Aesthetics Crew [MISC] last seasonPrior to the season, and during the first few months, I was taken as a joke. No one believed in my managerial capabilities and doubted me from the start. I proposed a risky trade that the managers called very beneficial to the other manager. The manager who took the trade ended dead last that season, and I believe my trade played a part in that finish. To end season 7, the Aesthetics Crew took 3rd in the regular season. I earned the respect of managers and players due to my competitive integrity. Along with a 3rd place finish, I played 17 out of 19 players on my roster. I was voted best manager of the season by the captains, and my roster contained 4 "best of" awards. Even with the little opportunities I was given before season 7, the Aesthetics Crew turned out very successful. The experience I've gathered over the past five seasons will be enough to become a champion of the most competitive season yet.

Motivation: This season I'm hungry. I'm not being the nice guy anymore. I'm doing what it takes within my team to become champion. With the number of tiers being decreased, only the best of the best will be playing on my roster. Further training, assistance, lending, and communication will occur within my team to ensure a PSL championship. Every season you hear of a manager who abandons their team. I never, and will never, abandon my team. It pisses me off that despite the "competitive" application process behind becoming a manger, managers who abandon their team or purposely draft sub-par rosters still exist. I aim to be the best, and stay the best. This season I won't be taken as a joke. I was at a disadvantage last season due to being unable to draft certain players because of fear that they wouldn't respect me and my decisions. After my performance and growth as a manager, this won't happen again. The past is over, and the future is now. I'll feed my players off of my motivation and thirst for glory.

Fluff: CG0VJ3d.gif

Edited by EricTheGreat
24 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:
  • I believe like 90% of managers are shit and are clueless as to what to do - most just getting their most credible players to do everything for them. I was robbed of manager of the season and now I want to finally get it when a system gets setup to make the selection phase less bullshit.

@EricTheGreat one of us should be insulted

IGN: LeJovi

PokeMMO Team:  [NORE]

Experience:  PSL 5 as a player under XPLOZ management, we had a solid squad, but luck wasn't with us...neither was fucking Robofiend, fuck you. 

PSL 6 as a player under coolio's casual shit team, idk how we made playoffs, Parke went 3-0 then 0-5, Coolio did the worst trade of all times... but toast and me OP and tried to carry from UU.

PSL 7 as captain (noob @Osuki) for VALE under K9's management, I set up the discord for the team and got everyone talking and bonding..Kay is a bad manager. Truly the best team I've ever been in, sadly I couldn't perform like I should've, we went undefeated because we had a great team atmosphere but then choked in playoffs just like @Quint predicted (fuck u).

Motivation:  I wanted to be manager last PSL, and couldn't get picked because I was forum banned (or so JJ says), and honestly I felt like I deserved it since at the time I was active, and I know pretty much everyone from the comp community...even the spanish nabb haxers that everyone talks about. I'm keen I can make a good competitive squad and lead them to victory. 

Fluff: Eric is trash. Coolio sucks and only plays CCs. Everyone gets salty at me, you need that for PSL, it's also fun triggering people all the time. But on a more serious note I'm easy to work with and I'm not gonna be the next episode in the 'gbweed vs. PSL' history.

I 'quit' and I'm probably still more active in the competitive community than Eric. Kappa. 

Edited by BlackJovi
37 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

He knows he won't get picked so didn't bother 

I don't want to manage anyways because I don't really have the time and also I don't really trust the people that I assume are in the PSL council. I also want to play VGC if it gets miraculously chosen as a tier.

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I don't want to manage anyways because I don't really have the time and also I don't really trust the people that I assume are in the PSL council. I also want to play VGC if it gets miraculously chosen as a tier.

VGC won't be a part of it so rip u. 

IGN: OldKeith

PokeMMO Team:  Leader of [LYAU] - merged team of former teams LYLE and AURA; Previous member of [VALE], got kicked out for poor competitive results.

Experience: Took part in 5 out of 7 PSLs as player. Won under Gunthug, also won the best player award last season for a tier played by three people. I'm good.

Motivation: Despite not playing Pokemmo anymore, I still have eyes and ears within the competitive community and like to keep track of what's going on every now and then. Having been a player in most PSL seasons, I learned about the various types of players, from the skillful and reliable to the lazy and under performing, all combinations in between. I have a mind map of what kind of players would make a great team, and I know just how to use them, taking other teams into account (something that too few managers have been doing over the past seasons). It's been 7 seasons and I think it's time PSL finally saw Keith as a manager. 

Fluff: Competitive to the bone, ready to fight anyone I must in a civil manner. While some sad mouths bring me up as being inactive, I'd like to point out that I arranged all my matches on time during my entire PSL history, never going inactive during any season under any excuse. And I learned which players do the same. I'm ready to assemble the best and crush mountains.

IGN: Linken

PokeMMO Team:  ÁvE

Experience:  Participated every season so far, manager in S4, practically co-founded this.

Motivation: More or less same as last time. I could use a break from playing so decided to once again to tackle the various tasks of a manager. I don't need a fancy reason to be motivated. I just am. It's that simple. Why should I be picked you might ask? Beside my extensive knowledge of the competitive scene (new and old) I ain't a quitter. How desperate, how dark it may seem for me and my team I won't stop believin' and working hard towards the goal of being PSL champion. It wasn't enough last time even with one of the greatest comebacks of PSL history but i've learned from the expirience and hope to realize the dream this time!

Fluff: Uhhh... I'm German? Also more or less what the majority of other applicants said about their non-inactivity during PSL seasons.

Edited by Linken
2 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

Season 4 - Narcissistic Nidokings with TJ as manager: 3rd Place

Season 6 - Debuted as manager with Kaynine's Baenines, breaking records being the only team(at that time) to be undefeated during pre-playoffs: 2nd

Season 7 - Managed VALE, I considered this to be the strongest team I ever saw personally, having the most wins & being undefeated during pre-playoffs - choking in playoffs: 3rd/4th?

• I believe like 90% of managers are shit and are clueless as to what to do - most just getting their most credible players to do everything for them. I was robbed of manager of the season and now I want to finally get it when a system gets setup to make the selection phase less bullshit.

P.S I'm the best manager.

1 hour ago, KaynineXL said:

Not only should you both be insulted, but you should be embarrassed to accept such a reward after such a bad job.

Someone's a little mad. You must be embarrassed to keep losing to all these "shit managers". Three seasons losing and losing manager of the seasons twice; only to go complain on the forums. Talk to me when you have one of these:CG0VJ3d.gif. Until then you have nothing I don't.

ITT: Lots of pathetic jabs being taken at me. Not easy having a target on your back after being the best. Hypee