PSL Season 8 General Thread

Dragonites' lost first week was pretty brutal, but they have come a long way since then.

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

mfw @JIceJDragon totally ignored @gbwead's 2-0 record in Doubles. For shame. 

2 hours ago, JIceJDragon said:

(Based on if you have a winrate of 50% or above and have played in at least 3 matches in that tier)

Biased Jice.

Edited by gbwead
7 hours ago, BlackJovi said:

When are we gonna change the current system to a league-like one, where the champion is the team with more points when the weeks are over, like real sports (soccer) !!! 

the thing is that here the teams last only 1 season, so its worth to make them play as much as posible

that being said, I dont like playoff

@LifeStyle

@EricTheGreat

@DaftCoolio

@LKrenz

@OldKeith

@znk26

@TheChampionMike

I've tagged you all here so that I can do a little advocating for a few of my players regarding these seasonal awards. I believe that the players below have earned recognition for being the best this season and here is why:

• Best Overall Player
    • @camilo7 (enchanteur): Let alone being the only undefeated player this season who played every week (7-0), Enchanteur also competed in multiple tiers (OU, UU, and NU) and carried the Machokes with his enthusiasm and competitive nature. He was and is absolutely dominant this season. 
  • Best OU Player
    • @camilo7 (enchanteur): Undefeated in OU (5-0) speaks for itself. 
  • Best UU Player
    • @yangsam: Finishing this season 4-2 in this tier, yangsam was a dominant force and ended the undefeated streak of Axoa, who was highly regarded as the best in the tier. If it wasn't for his loss to aftershocker in Week 7, I would dare to say yangsam should win this award without question. 
  • Best NU Player
    • LOL, if it wasn't for enchanteur in Week 7, we would have lost our NU match every week. 
  • Best Doubles Player
    • @gbwead: 3-0 with only one match going 3 rounds, Gbwead bested DoctorPBC, TJ, and LoA in dominant fashion. Whether you like him or not (most do), Gbwead played this difficult tier reluctantly but with class and commitment. 
  • Best DPP Player
    • @raaidn: This man only lost one match (3-1) in DPP and that was to KaynineXL. I can't blame poor play on that loss, but rather a severe team handicap which was just piss poor luck. Raaidn defeated SweeTforU, Rigamorty, and Artemiseta in this tier. 
  • Best SMOU Player
    • @Frexa: Being a midseason player should not hinder a player from receiving one of these awards, especially a player like Frexa. He opened his SMOU debut this season with back-to-back 6-0 wins. One of which included a 6-0 against a player (Telf) that easily defeated Frexa's top competition for this award, Raptori. In addition, Frexa was on the verge of being outright swept by Forfiter do to a poor team matchup, but still found a way to claw back into the match and get the W. That right there is absolute talent.
  • Breakout Player:
    • @gbwead: Gbwead had a shit ton obstacles set in front of him. First, he was coming off a season where he was widely viewed as an unfortunately oft triggered attention uguu (pew pew). Second, he historically dislikes being a "player" in the PSL for several just reasons. Third, he was drafted by the one manager and player in this game he simply doesn't get along with. And fourth, he had a very busy summer schedule that impeded a lot of his opportunity to play. Despite all of this, Gbwead put on his big boy pants and went to work. He buried the hatchet with myself for the time being and put the team first (thanks brah). He even committed to playing a tier he absolutely hates and is now being considered for an award in that tier. Gb has just done so much this season and I'm proud to have him on my squad. With that in mind, Gbwead is THE breakout player this season, not only for his success, but for his effort and attitude throughout the season.

Good luck to everyone being nominated. It's been one close ass season and I'm fortunate to say I've been able to manage some of the best this time around. 

EDIT: Totally forgot one, included Breakout Player of the Season above.

Edited by DoubleJ
9 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

@LifeStyle

@EricTheGreat

@DaftCoolio

@LKrenz

@OldKeith

@znk26

@TheChampionMike

I've tagged you all here so that I can do a little advocating for a few of my players regarding these seasonal awards. I believe that the players below have earned recognition for being the best this season and here is why:

• Best Overall Player
    • @camilo7 (enchanteur): Let alone being the only undefeated player this season who played every week (7-0), Enchanteur also competed in multiple tiers (OU, UU, and NU) and carried the Machokes with his enthusiasm and competitive nature. He was and is absolutely dominant this season. 
  • Best OU Player
    • @camilo7 (enchanteur): Undefeated in OU (5-0) speaks for itself. 
  • Best UU Player
    • @yangsam: Finishing this season 4-2 in this tier, yangsam was a dominant force and ended the undefeated streak of Axoa, who was highly regarded as the best in the tier. If it wasn't for his loss to aftershocker in Week 7, I would dare to say yangsam should win this award without question. 
  • Best NU Player
    • LOL, if it wasn't for enchanteur in Week 7, we would have lost our NU match every week. 
  • Best Doubles Player
    • @gbwead: 3-0 with only one match going 3 rounds, Gbwead bested DoctorPBC, TJ, and LoA in dominant fashion. Whether you like him or not (most do), Gbwead played this difficult tier reluctantly but with class and commitment. 
  • Best DPP Player
    • @raaidn: This man only lost one match (3-1) in DPP and that was to KaynineXL. I can't blame poor play on that loss, but rather a severe team handicap which was just piss poor luck. Raaidn defeated SweeTforU, Rigamorty, and Artemiseta in this tier. 
  • Best SMOU Player
    • @Frexa: Being a midseason player should not hinder a player from receiving one of these awards, especially a player like Frexa. He opened his SMOU debut this season with back-to-back 6-0 wins. One of which included a 6-0 against a player (Telf) that easily defeated Frexa's top competition for this award, Raptori. In addition, Frexa was on the verge of being outright swept by Forfiter do to a poor team matchup, but still found a way to claw back into the match and get the W. That right there is absolute talent.
  • Breakout Player:
    • @gbwead: Gbwead had a shit ton obstacles set in front of him. First, he was coming off a season where he was widely viewed as an unfortunately oft triggered attention uguu (pew pew). Second, he historically dislikes being a "player" in the PSL for several just reasons. Third, he was drafted by the one manager and player in this game he simply doesn't get along with. And fourth, he had a very busy summer schedule that impeded a lot of his opportunity to play. Despite all of this, Gbwead put on his big boy pants and went to work. He buried the hatchet with myself for the time being and put the team first (thanks brah). He even committed to playing a tier he absolutely hates and is now being considered for an award in that tier. Gb has just done so much this season and I'm proud to have him on my squad. With that in mind, Gbwead is THE breakout player this season, not only for his success, but for his effort and attitude throughout the season.

Good luck to everyone being nominated. It's been one close ass season and I'm fortunate to say I've been able to manage some of the best this time around. 

EDIT: Totally forgot one, included Breakout Player of the Season above.

Are you dumb or just trolling?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.