PSL Season 8 General Thread

6 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

A lot of hype over in the manager application pool... so with that, what will be the better rivalry?

@KaynineXL vs @DaftCoolio?

@DoubleJ vs @LifeStyle?

@KaynineXL vs Manager of the Year Award???

[LYAU] vs [NWA]???

@OldKeith vs Crushed Mountains???

It's going to be HYPE...

Implying k9 gets a spot

7 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

if 8 tiers is set in stone we should probably have more teams. something like 192~ or so people applied to manage/play in last season and 8 teams of 8 is leaving out more then 2/3rds of players. further more every year we have more then the previous.....

it's a step in the let's make PSL more exclusive direction 

1 minute ago, fredrichnietze said:

if 8 tiers is set in stone we should probably have more teams. something like 192~ or so people applied to manage/play in last season and 8 teams of 8 is leaving out more then 2/3rds of players. further more every year we have more then the previous.....

But why should everyone get to play? This is supposed to be the most elite event in pokemmo

*grabs popcorn*

1 minute ago, kevola said:

I feel like it's a community based event that should give most people a chance. Having a few more teams won't take away the competitive aspect either in my opinion 

The difficulty with adding teams is how standings would be established. 8 teams means a solid 7 weeks of regular session play. 9 means 8, 10 means 9, etc. We'd have to work out a new system of regular season play, otherwise psl would drag on for too long and get boring. 

9 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

A lot of hype over in the manager application pool... so with that, what will be the better rivalry?

@KaynineXL vs @DaftCoolio?

@DoubleJ vs @LifeStyle?

@KaynineXL vs Manager of the Year Award???

[LYAU] vs [NWA]???

@OldKeith vs Crushed Mountains???

It's going to be HYPE...

how does such a nice, smart, handsome young man like myself have so many rivals?

3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

The difficulty with adding teams is how standings would be established. 8 teams means a solid 7 weeks of regular session play. 9 means 8, 10 means 9, etc. We'd have to work out a new system of regular season play, otherwise psl would drag on for too long and get boring. 

This is true, however we can also look at it from a different angle. Having more players in a team is essentially the same principle as having more teams with fewer players. We could simply have 8 teams of 12 players for example. The competitiveness remains somewhat consistent and more players would be able to participate. There wouldn't be a need to alter playoff ruilings this way either 

22 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

Tiers:

Hide contents

Tiers will be selected by the host, but must include PokeMMO OU, UU, NU, and Doubles. is primarily a PokeMMO event, and thus PokeMMO tiers should be used. 

LC LC LC LC LC :3

24 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

While it does sound kinda lame we could just go with a Swiss format instead of round robin as a way to add more teams while keeping the duration of the event the same. 

Pls no. Master's Event... never again. 

34 minutes ago, kevola said:

I don't understand the reasoning behind reducing the required number of players in a team, especially when most people were against it 

It reinforces the Elite in PokeMMO Super League

Basically makes the strong players looks stronger and able to flex more... and makes it harder to be in that top portion of the league

but also reduced the amount of inactivity calls or substitutions (hopefully)

each decisions has its pros and cons but its up to the host 

5 hours ago, JIceJDragon said:

It reinforces the Elite in PokeMMO Super League

Basically makes the strong players looks stronger and able to flex more... and makes it harder to be in that top portion of the league

but also reduced the amount of inactivity calls or substitutions (hopefully)

each decisions has its pros and cons but its up to the host 

Is it primarily something for a select few individuals though? I always thought it was a community based event that tried to get as many people involved. Everyone was encouraged to signup in previous seasons etc. 

20% less players means like 3 or fewer inactivties ( think that's a more likely outcome, haven't checked ) I'm not sure if that's worth it 

It's true each decision has its pro's and con's but it just seems like this one has more of the latter

10 hours ago, Rigamorty said:

While it does sound kinda lame we could just go with a Swiss format instead of round robin as a way to add more teams while keeping the duration of the event the same. 

The Swiss format seems like a good idea, especially considering the various issues that comes with tje Round Robin.

24 minutes ago, gbwead said:

The Swiss format seems like a good idea, especially considering the various issues that comes with tje Round Robin.

I have to disagree here. Swiss is best used in events with a large number of participants as an elegant alternative to the messy double elimination format. In a league envieonment, round robin is by far the most efficient format.

12 hours ago, kevola said:

I feel like it's a community based event that should give most people a chance. Having a few more teams won't take away the competitive aspect either in my opinion 

It would make the event longer tho, and that takes away some of the competitive aspect...since you know people start going inactive / not caring about their matches when their team can't make playoffs or because they simply don't want to

1 minute ago, Draekyn said:

if we make it 10 weeks instead of 8 there's statistically more chance that people might die during psl

save lives

vote 8 weeks

There is also more chance of everything going to hell if we choose 10 weeks over 8 because of the update

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.