PSL Season 8 General Thread

I feel like being last place at mid season isn't even that bad, it's very easy to go from last place to top 6 in that time, especially if you automatically get the best player/first pick of what you're missing at mid season. Unless the team has like never gotten even close to winning, I imagine what ever the last place team is coughprobablyJJcough they will still have a really good fighting chance especially with that first pick and it shouldn't be that discouraging. 

Just now, Rigamorty said:

I feel like being last place at mid season isn't even that bad, it's very easy to go from last place to top 6 in that time, especially if you automatically get the best player/first pick of what you're missing at mid season. Unless the team has like never gotten even close to winning, I imagine what ever the last place team is coughprobablyJJcough they will still have a really good fighting chance especially with that first pick and it shouldn't be that discouraging. 

Ayeeeee you know me too well

Just now, Rigamorty said:

ya but it is not very appealing to sign up knowing you will be last place, but i guess it depends on what the manager needs. Draft is still shit tho.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

ya but it is not very appealing to sign up knowing you will be last place, but i guess it depends on what the manager needs. Draft is still shit tho.

You also don't really know for sure what team you're going to end up on. Takes a decent ego to think you're going to be the top pick of the midseason draft and it depends what tiers the last place team needs. 

6 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

Its still discouraging to sign up knowing you will go into the last place team... idk at least imo

e: zeb has a point tho

Edited by BlackJovi
Just now, BurntZebra said:

You also don't really know for sure what team you're going to end up on. Takes a decent ego to think you're going to be the top pick of the midseason draft and it depends what tiers the last place team needs. 

i guess, but take last season for instance it was clear that destructx was the top pick. However, since Eric did prefer Jice over DestructX, I wouldn't be surprised if he fucks up again.

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

That's probably what I would do tbh but I had an awful midseason experience when I hosted so I'm a little biased 

that makes 2 of us

edit: when i managed tho*

Edited by gbwead
18 minutes ago, gbwead said:

i guess, but take last season for instance it was clear that destructx was the top pick. However, since Eric did prefer Jice over DestructX, I wouldn't be surprised if he fucks up again.

Considering JIce beat the best VGC player I wouldn't consider that a fuck up. What significant wins did DestructX pick up?

32 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

Considering JIce beat the best VGC player I wouldn't consider that a fuck up. What significant wins did DestructX pick up?

I'm not going to play a "what if" game with trash like you. Whoever ends up on your team will have to put in so much extra work because of how useless you are. I seriously feel sorry for them since it will all be for nothing in the end, but hey people might pity you again and give another award for being a joke.

I used to like PSL, then these over-the-top angry people came out of nowhere and ruined it for me.

Maybe I'm the only one, I hope I am. But this kind of behavior is something I'm utterly repulsed by. There's nothing remotely funny about this to me.

Eric could be the biggest piece of shit of all PSL history, and maybe to some right now he's a good contestant for that title for reasons that I do not understand, and that's fine by me. Let's say he is, would this verbal diarrhea of pent-up agression be warranted? I don't believe it would be.

I've always been of the opinion that staff shouldn't be involved in PSL trashtalk, but this isn't trashtalk. And to all of you who might be getting behind this sort of behavior thinking it's all a funny meme, have some basic human decency.

If you want this season to be the same shitfest last season was, keep it up.

If we're doing a live auction, you guys can use the public discord, I'll create a channel with perms for just the managers and the host to speak while everyone else can listen in like teamspeak. Considering everyone here is already on the server it shouldn't be too hard

11 minutes ago, TJXD said:

If we're doing a live auction, you guys can use the public discord, I'll create a channel with perms for just the managers and the host to speak while everyone else can listen in like teamspeak. Considering everyone here is already on the server it shouldn't be too hard

The problem with discord is that there is no timestamps to the seconds, and that is vital when doing the auction

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.