PSL Season 8 General Thread

4 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

the best part imo of the psl was it was a tournament for everyone. everyone donates and everyone mostly plays and the teams are mixed up with a few really good players and some not as good ones like any sports team. the team works together and works together as a team to make all their members better and lend comps and talk strategy and the community as a whole gets better and everyone has fun. your changing the spirit of the psl from a community event to a an elite event only some people can get into.

you want a reason? appeal to greed. people wont donate to a tourney they can only be spectators of. your pool of donators will shrink because players will assume they wont get in and you dont spend 10 hours grinding for a spectator sport. 

i rather appeal to peoples sense of fair play and fun and community. please dont turn this into master of masters teams version.

edit: and the idea of a second tourney for a pool of recruits is not a substitute for the psl for the 100 something people left out. that's an insult. "well take your money but we dont think your good enough to play here have a consolation prize"

Who cares about the cash prize, or getting less donators? Less people means more glory for the winners. And all those things you listed that was the "best part of psl" will all still be there, youre just talking out of your ass now. "everyone donates" - not true. "everyone mostly plays" - also not true, "teams mixed up with a few really good players and some not as good ones" - that won't change. "team works together and works together as a team" a little redundant but still. won't change. "lending comps, talking strategy, community as a whole getting better" - won't change. Where are you even getting all this shit? 

And the second tourney for a pool of recruits isn't meant to be a substitute, it's meant to be a supplement. If people are insulted by that, they don't have to sign up

Just now, Bilburt said:

get glory winning tournaments, dont turn the one thing where people like me have a chance at winning into some elite bullshit

Don't lie, we know you play more than Doubles.

14 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Who cares about the cash prize, or getting less donators? Less people means more glory for the winners. And all those things you listed that was the "best part of psl" will all still be there, youre just talking out of your ass now. "everyone donates" - not true. "everyone mostly plays" - also not true, "teams mixed up with a few really good players and some not as good ones" - that won't change. "team works together and works together as a team" a little redundant but still. won't change. "lending comps, talking strategy, community as a whole getting better" - won't change. Where are you even getting all this shit? 

And the second tourney for a pool of recruits isn't meant to be a substitute, it's meant to be a supplement. If people are insulted by that, they don't have to sign up

i have said all im going to say. im done arguing, i'll just sit this one out. but since it's "you cant play and if you dont like it dont play in protest" it's not like anyone will notice the protest. dead game anyways am i right?

36 minutes ago, kevola said:

Out of curiosity, why was there a vote?

I wanted general input on what people wanted. If I was totally undecided on an issue like BO1/BO3 for doubles, I left it up to the community to decide which one it would be. But for the 8 tiers vs 10 tiers question, I formed an opinion after the poll was posted and took a stance, that happened to be against the popular opinion. 

1 minute ago, BurntZebra said:

I wanted general input on what people wanted. If I was totally undecided on an issue like BO1/BO3 for doubles, I left it up to the community to decide which one it would be. But for the 8 tiers vs 10 tiers question, I formed an opinion after the poll was posted and took a stance, that happened to be against the popular opinion. 

Eh, fair enough I guess. Why do you feel like 8 tiers is better?  

3 hours ago, Bilburt said:

get glory winning tournaments, dont turn the one thing where people like me have a chance at winning into some elite bullshit

But regular tournaments involve setting aside a couple hours of time when they're pre determined to happen, psl is an event people like me can make work around my own schedule instead of being forced on at a certain time, so it's way better than tournaments in that regard. And having it be more exclusive means I can feel better about myself after if my winrate is good. 

Granted I personally prefer 10 tiers just because it seems more fun to me to have more people, catering to bad players isn't what I'd want the reason to be for it to happen. 

I don't know if it's because @BurntZebra isn't as good looking as I am or if it's cuz you bums are broke now, but we need more donations. In the last two seasons we were spoiled with pots greater than 50M, which allowed me to host a lot of small side events, give out end of season awards, and even higher a sig maker. Without that excess cash, we may not have that opportunity. So reach into your pockets, and toss my man "burntzebrah" a little donation if you will. It's for the greater good. Now I'm not asking for a 50M pot, I'm just asking for a bit more than what we've got going on now. Don't be shy fam. 

@Torinnnnn

@Arimanius

@Rigamorty

@Draekyn

@Parke

@Noad

@Bestfriends

@DoctorPBC

@fredrichnietze

@SpartacusGD

Now go tell your friends and tell your wives, it's time to get this thing going!

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

I don't know if it's because @BurntZebra isn't as good looking as I am or if it's cuz you bums are broke now, but we need more donations. In the last two seasons we were spoiled with pots greater than 50M, which allowed me to host a lot of small side events, give out end of season awards, and even higher a sig maker. Without that excess cash, we may not have that opportunity. So reach into your pockets, and toss my man "burntzebrah" a little donation if you will. It's for the greater good. Now I'm not asking for a 50M pot, I'm just asking for a bit more than what we've got going on now. Don't be shy fam. 

@Torinnnnn

@Arimanius

@Rigamorty

@Draekyn

@Parke

@Noad

@Bestfriends

@DoctorPBC

@fredrichnietze

@SpartacusGD

Now go tell your friends and tell your wives, it's time to get this thing going!

Lmao wtf, I mailed 2.5M to Zebs alt as my donation, dunno if he hasnt seen/updated it yet, but I sent it about a week ago. @BurntZebra did you get it or nah??

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.