Music Gym Battle [26th May-18thJune]

VAppsvj.png?1

~Results~

With the Unova region on the horizon along with it comes more head bobbing themes, smooth relaxing melodies and the inclusion of something never done in any other generation, custom gym themes. Your job this time is to go one step further create an original music piece for a gym leader battle of your choice. Your entry must be uploaded to Youtube or Soundcloud and a link posted in this thread. To capture the essence and nature of your chosen gym leader and have the ability to apply it into song, this is what the Judges will be looking for in your composition so be sure to really get to know your gym leaders type of Pokemon and hobbies.

We look forward to listening to the songs created by our talented members for a fourth time!

Ani_smb3noteblock.gif Acceptable Gym Leaders:

~Kanto~       ~Johto~        ~Hoenn~       ~Sinnoh~            ~Unova~        ~Kalos~

Brock            Faulkner       Roxanne       Roark                  Cilan              Viola

Misty             Bugsy           Brawly          Gardenia             Chili               Grant

Lt.Surge        Whitney        Wattson        Fantina                Cress            Korrina

Erika             Morty            Flannery       Maylene               Lenora          Ramos

Koga             Chuck           Norman        Crasher Wake     Burgh            Clemont

Sabrina         Jasmine        Winona        Byron                   Elesa            Valerie

Blaine           Pryce            Tate&Liza     Candice               Clay              Olympia

Giovanni       Clair              Wallace        Volkner                Skyla            Wulfric

Janine                                Juan                                         Brycen

Blue                                                                                    Iris

Drayden

Cheren

Roxie

Marlon

Ani_smb3noteblock.gif Suggested Software:

Soundation ~ A free, browser based recording studio.

Audacity ~ A free audio recorder.

Ani_smb3noteblock.gif Submission Date:

Friday 26th May 1am BST || 8pm EST || 10am AEST ---------- Sunday 18th June 12:59am BST || 7:59pm EST || 9:59am AEST

*note it will be Thursday 25th - Saturday 17th in EST*

Countdown Clock

Ani_smb3noteblock.gif Rules:

• All submissions must be original work, no remixes or covers are allowed
  • You may use pre-recorded sounds, samples, VSTi, ect to create your entry
  • Your entry must not exceed 1 minute and 30 seconds in length
  • One entry per user, if you wish to edit your entry then go back and edit your submission post
  • All submissions must be made via Youtube or Soundcloud uploads. No other format will be accepted
  • You must submit an entry for one of the Gym Leaders listed above
  • Your entry may have lyrics if you wish. Any lyrics used must adhere to our Code of Conduct
  • Entries submitted before or after the submission date will not count
  • Please include your in game name (IGN) and the Gym Leader your entry is for in your submission post

Ani_smb3noteblock.gif Prizes:

1st - 1000 Reward Points & 1,000,000 Pokeyen

2nd - 500 Reward Points & 500,000 Pokeyen

Host: Kizhaz

Judges: NoadBearminator, YohannovichChampionMikeBilla

Whereas this is an awesome idea and I'll definitely be entering, I think the prize should be a little better. Not my place to say obviously, but if we gotta make this from scratch then the ones who arent pure trash at producing and actually know will tell you that there will be time spent on the entry, especially considering we'll have to write our own chords etc. Would be cool too considering events like this are somewhat exclusive.

Just a suggestion though

1 minute ago, Parke said:

Whereas this is an awesome idea and I'll definitely be entering, I think the prize should be a little better. Not my place to say obviously, but if we gotta make this from scratch then the ones who arent pure trash at producing and actually know will tell you that there will be time spent on the entry, especially considering we'll have to write our own chords etc. Would be cool too considering events like this are somewhat exclusive.

Just a suggestion though

I agree

1 hour ago, Parke said:

Just a suggestion though

Tbh I wasn't sure on the prize at first, only because rp could be received via an easier method at the time. However that has since gone and this was the same prize as last years Music Battle, so I felt it would do ok

https://soundcloud.com/officialdjlambo/giovanni

Hi all, 

IGN: AONSynth.

Gym Leader Giovanni.

So as some of you might know, I'm a DJ and Music Producer, so I decided to make a quick edit for this competition! The track was inspired by the Gym Leader Giovanni. I feel like I captured what it would be like to battle him. High Intensity and slightly dark. 

Ps. It's exactly 1 min 30 (even though Soundcloud says 1 min 32sec.) If you really want, I can cut the 2 seconds of silence at the end of the track to make it say 1 min 30 sec.)

On 6/6/2017 at 10:41 AM, DJLambo said:

@AshisCatchin

It's very soundtracky :P Good Job!! :) 

Thank you so much ;-; 

Yours actually makes me feel like I'm battling Giovanni. C: I like the drum style you used! 

I like everyone's.. So talented. <3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.