[UU] Flail/Reversal/Endeavour sets Viability

Looking at the current meta game, how viable would a Flail/Reversal set currently? (PS: Just came back from a 6 month hiatus so my understanding will be off from the meta game). We are currently looking at the following for such sets...

CROBAT

Flail, Sub, Heat Wave/HP Water, Filler (Potentially just Super Fang, Poison Fang, Aerial Ace, etc.) + Kelpsy Berry OR Petaya Berry
OR
Flail, Endure, Heat Wave/HP Water, Filler + Kelpsy Berry Kelpsy Berry OR Petaya Berry

SWELLOW
Endeavour+Sub + Salac Berry
OR
Endeavour+Endure + Salac Berry

HITMONLEE
Reversal, Endure + Salac Berry

Reason I am asking because that Crobat set is looking rather solid and Heat Wave would be able to take care of Scizor effectively. Only concern I can really think of is potentially not being to 1 hit KO Steelix and therefore would need to take care of him before the sweep. I don't think anything can effectively outspeed Crobat without assistance.

well the thing about crobat is that it probably wont ohko most of the defensive walls since it doesn't get access to SD or Bulk Up or something like that, can only go +1 

you have to make calcs and see if it's worth it 

3 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

well the thing about crobat is that it probably wont ohko most of the defensive walls since it doesn't get access to SD or Bulk Up or something like that, can only go +1 

you have to make calcs and see if it's worth it 

I'm quite good and known for that. Once I find time I'll see if it's worth.

What are the big UU threats that I should look out for poor o' Crobat? Is it just Scizor, Golem, Steelix and Oma? Come to think of it that is a lot that walls it. SMH

Edited by Eldaust
2 minutes ago, Eldaust said:

I'm quite good and known for that. Once I find time I'll see if it's worth.

What are the big UU threats that I should look out for poor o' Crobat? Is it just Scizor, Golem, Steelix and Oma? Come to think of it that is a lot that walls it. SMH

good and known for what lol

slowking probably walls it too

Crobat doesn't have the raw power and doesn't get STAB. So no, it wouldn't work effectively.

Hitmon could work as a Reversal user but the thing is, your opponent must not have Slowking or Altaria otherwise it won't be useful. Even if they didn't have Slowking or Altaria, CB might just be more useful and it's definitely more useful against those 2 counters listed above.

Swellow, I don't know, there's probably better endeavour users but maybe it can surprise. Salac on Swellow would not be good as it's already fast, Leichi would be better especially with Quick Attack. Overall it still sounds pretty bad.

Edited by KaynineXL
Just now, DiDi said:

silly jovi, he's quite good and known for calcs. how dare you try to give this god your peasant advice 

Aye, I make a living of calculations. l0l. I'm much like Trump except I'm nothing like Trump. I also don't declare bankruptcy and consider it a successful venture.

1 minute ago, BlackJovi said:

slowking probably walls it too

I don't even have immediate access to a account right now so I'm really only guessing what the meta game is right now. These forums are pretty dead now these days compare to the glory Halloween days. Either way I'll check up on damage later.

There aren't really any common Extremespeed users in used UU meta (unlike in OU and NU) so therefor I think these low HP strats can actually work the best in UU from all the PokeMMO tiers. Scarfers are also fairly uncommon due to most offensive powerhouses opting to go for Life Ball or Choice Band to break the common walls, so you don't have to go for stuff like Salac (unless you're mid speed tier like Hitmonlee etc.)

• Mike locked this topic