Wild Comp Contest - Week 5 - Cold Water

Raederz

Hey.

This is kind of a catching event, but during one week.

The week 5 start next 00:01 CEST (2h40 since this post) and ends next wednesday 23:59 CEST

During this week, you will have to catch the best Lapras

There is no nature bonus, and score is the total sum of IVs.

To submit, your  total score must be more than 130.

Also, they have to be caught during the week.

Submit by mail on forum, including screens with IVs, OT, and catching place/date.

Prize only for the best :

1.000.000 $

and

Choice of the Week 6 Specie(s)

Finding Shiny Lapras is also 200.000$ bonus.

Good luck everybody and thanks Risadex for his choice ! :)

So with lapras I've always had a hard time findind it.  Any tips for what level of repl trick I should be using and is it any water patch in icefall or the vanilla one from fr/lg?

51 minutes ago, Risadex said:

Yeah they are found lvl 30-45, and tentas are found 5-45 so no trick for us

My hint is farm like 5~10 at max a day, or u can be curse with a shiny tentacool

So wouldn't using level 30+ repel trick be beneficial then? I tried using level 45 before and burned through maybe 20 max repels with no  encounters at all.

Maybe there are some levels where the lapras are more  likely to occur. So like, lvl 35 repel trick or something.

56 minutes ago, Xatu said:

So wouldn't using level 30+ repel trick be beneficial then? I tried using level 45 before and burned through maybe 20 max repels with no  encounters at all.

Maybe there are some levels where the lapras are more  likely to occur. So like, lvl 35 repel trick or something.

It's all about : do you prefer surf or clicking the "run away" button. Cuz you wont have more "lapras per step" and a repel trick wont have a great impact here

EDIT : Week5 starts now

Edited by Raederz
1 hour ago, Raederz said:

It's all about : do you prefer surf or clicking the "run away" button. Cuz you wont have more "lapras per step" and a repel trick wont have a great impact here

EDIT : Week5 starts now

Aha yeah you're right. Maybe I'll try both at various levels and post results.

I finally do use level 30 repel to get less tentacools. Without repel it's just too much, animations are time consuming :x

Encounters on 5 max repel :

15 tentacools/cruels

6 tenta hordes

1 lapras

Edited by Raederz
  • Zehkar locked this topic