Attempt at OU Team Synergy

I'm going to try to enter the competitive OU scene with this team I just came up with. I picked these Pokemon based on their type synergies and abilities. 

What I know right now:

This team is 3x weak to ground and fire type moves.

These are the current threats that I know of right now:

Milotic

Blaziken

Specs Slowbro

Skarmory (Taunt)

Spoiler

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 164 SpD / 92 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Counter

It's my main hazard setter. A little bit of speed investment for those other base 70 speed mons.

Metagross (AgiliGross)

Spoiler

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature (To outspeed Scarf Flygon)
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

My sweeper of choice. It seems to be a top-tier threat here. Jolly nature is for those pesky revenge killers like Flygon.

Arcanine (Physically Defensive) 

Spoiler

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Walls Blaziken like a champ, which is one of the biggest threats against this team. I really wish Flare Blitz existed here in this game.

Magneton (Steel Trapper)

Spoiler

Magneton @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 68 HP / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

Skarmory's a problem to deal with this team actually. I mean, Arcanine doesn't even have a STAB move.

Flygon (Revenge Killer)

Spoiler

Flygon @ Swift CB
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Crunch

This is my revenge killer and scout. It's a great switch-in too.

Slowbro (Bulky Special Sweeper)

Spoiler

Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Psychic
- Trick
- Fire Blast

Trick is for crippling walls like Chansey. I'm not too sure about Milotic though. I might need tips for dealing with that.

There are some Pokemon which I would like to fit into this team, but I'm not entirely sure how:

Swampert (Defensive Pivot)

Spoiler

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Good chunk of bulk. He can be a good attacking lead too with all that coverage. 

Starmie (Offensive Sweeper)

Spoiler

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover/Psychic/Trick

BoltBeam and good STAB moves. It can also learn Trick!

More suggestions would be gladly appreciated.

Thank you for your time. I hope I can get some helpful information from you guys!

Edited by MrL4g

I would go Forretress in stead of Skarmory because of the fact  you dont have a spinner in this team. Could also go Rapid Spin - Recover - Psy - Surf Starmie. 

Arcanine needs a stab, go relaxed 252 hp 252 def with flamet in stead of Crunch. 

Also make sure to use a Sp Def wall like Porygon2 of Chansey.

7 hours ago, Mnemosyne said:

I would go Forretress in stead of Skarmory because of the fact  you dont have a spinner in this team. Could also go Rapid Spin - Recover - Psy - Surf Starmie. 

Arcanine needs a stab, go relaxed 252 hp 252 def with flamet in stead of Crunch. 

Also make sure to use a Sp Def wall like Porygon2 of Chansey.

I'm gonna consider Forretress

Spoiler

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Counter
- Earthquake (Pesky Magnezones)

Which Pokemon do you think I should replace for Porygon2 though?

5 hours ago, MrL4g said:

I'm gonna consider Forretress

Hide contents

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Counter
- Earthquake (Pesky Magnezones)

Which Pokemon do you think I should replace for Porygon2 though?

Why relaxed tho? unless you going hp fire (other fores, skarm) you should run impish, counter is meh imou should consider toxic or pin missile too

7 hours ago, KoolT93 said:

Why relaxed tho? unless you going hp fire (other fores, skarm) you should run impish, counter is meh imou should consider toxic or pin missile too

It's not like it can outspeed anything anyway. I would want to put Gyroball on it in the future though. Pin missile sounds good but it's kind of unreliable. I might just consider Toxic.

HP fire sounds a bit situational, but I think it's good.

0 SpA Forretress Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Forretress: 176-208 (49.7 - 58.7%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Doesn't do much to Skarmory though.

0 SpA Forretress Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 78-92 (23.3 - 27.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Personally I think you should add Machamp to your comp because you don't have any cute waifu humanoid pokemon in your lineup. Machamp is like your best bro that you wished you got to know better in college but was too busy pumping iron to acknowledge your existence. And then years later he shows up at your house asking for money and you have to turn him away because you have a wife and kids to support and he looks like he's been into the drugs.

Don't do drugs. Play Machamp.

1 hour ago, Barrage said:

Personally I think you should add Machamp to your comp because you don't have any cute waifu humanoid pokemon in your lineup. Machamp is like your best bro that you wished you got to know better in college but was too busy pumping iron to acknowledge your existence. And then years later he shows up at your house asking for money and you have to turn him away because you have a wife and kids to support and he looks like he's been into the drugs.

Barrage go away, there is a new King in town these days. 

On 2017-5-18 at 3:21 AM, MrL4g said:

It's not like it can outspeed anything anyway. I would want to put Gyroball on it in the future though. Pin missile sounds good but it's kind of unreliable. I might just consider Toxic.

HP fire sounds a bit situational, but I think it's good.

0 SpA Forretress Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Forretress: 176-208 (49.7 - 58.7%) -- 67.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Doesn't do much to Skarmory though.

0 SpA Forretress Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 78-92 (23.3 - 27.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

Skarm cant touch you either only ww, 1v1 you win. Pin missile is good for starmie who is a common switch in

21 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Why careful nature on arcanine?

I would go relaxed, flamethrower instead of crunch and would replace magneton with umbreon/porygon2/chansey because you lack a spwall.

I also would replace your flygon's crunch with thunderpunch or firepunch.

Porygon2 sounds pretty good because of Thunderbolt actually for those Skarmories. I will consider using it over Magneton.

1 hour ago, KoolT93 said:

Skarm cant touch you either only ww, 1v1 you win. Pin missile is good for starmie who is a common switch in

You have a good point about those.

Spoiler

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- HP Fire
- Earthquake

9 hours ago, Barrage said:

I wish I got the joke :(

• Mike locked this topic