Seasons

Xatu

Question

Since rain is already a thing, and presumably exists to add immersion and create a more realistic pokemon world.  Why not have the rain be hail in the winter, and occasional sandstorms in the fall, and sunny day in the summer.  I am not suggesting to add any more instances of rain/weather anywhere, rather, just change them to other forms of weather. 

If you want to go the whole 9 yards you could swap pallets for trees/water/grass etc to coincide with the seasons.  Such as:  Green trees =  summer/spring. Brown trees= fall  Brown trees + white snow on top = winter. 

10 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

Just wait till Unova, it has seasons implemented. 

This suggestion pertains to the existing regions.  Im aware unova has seasons and im basically assuming that that wont carry over to the older regions but maybe im wrong. 

On 5/15/2017 at 9:27 PM, Xatu said:

This suggestion pertains to the existing regions.  Im aware unova has seasons and im basically assuming that that wont carry over to the older regions but maybe im wrong. 

I imagine they'll get seasons working in the older regions AFTER Unova is implemented and completely working and stable. After all, they have to make the Unova stuff work before they can put Unova stuff on Kanto/Hoenn stuff.

I also wouldn't expect a "Yeah we'll be working on that" from the devs in the next hour or so, but this suggestion is something that the devs can keep in mind for after Unova is completely finished and polished.

On 5/16/2017 at 3:18 AM, Xatu said:

Since rain is already a thing, and presumably exists to add immersion and create a more realistic pokemon world.  Why not have the rain be hail in the winter, and occasional

Rain only stops players to use sweet scent. Absolutely STUPID EFFECT regardless of what other people think. It does fckoll. Now you wanna add immersions which could just annoy players.

2 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

How about the other side of the equator which has completely reversed seasons than the ones server is running? 

How about the countries that do not get much notable weather differences?

How about them?

Well we share the pokeworld....

4 hours ago, Ichigo said:

Rain only stops players to use sweet scent. Absolutely STUPID EFFECT regardless of what other people think. It does fckoll. Now you wanna add immersions which could just annoy players.

It completely exists to add immersion.  I didnt say add more instances of rain, just change it to varied types of weather.