[PSL 8] Donations Thread - Poll Added for Tiers

Rule Changes for PSL 8  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should Doubles be BO1 or BO3?

2. 2. Would you rather see 8 tier lineups or 10 tier lineups?

3. 3. What tiers would you like to see the most?

10 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

OU3 is necessary... there were so many good players in OU

How did people feel about the playoffs system? 

6 team playoffs were pretty cool.

also raises the question of whether the draft will return or not this season 

38 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

OU3 is necessary... there were so many good players in OU

How did people feel about the playoffs system? 

27 minutes ago, Rigamorty said:

6 team playoffs were pretty cool.

also raises the question of whether the draft will return or not this season 

Both questions that I wanted more discussion about. I think the 6 team playoffs were pretty decent, by the fact that a team could go like 0-6 in the first 6 weeks, and still have a chance at making playoffs, and there's still some incentive to go for the top 2 positions as they both get a bye in playoffs. 

I'm not entirely sure about the draft though. There are a few things to consider for it. Should the draft take the place of the auction entirely? Or should the mixed system continue, but change either the number of drafts and make draft picks tradeable, unlike last season. 

I'd say just scrap the draft it made shit weird and caused conflict before the season even started. Also it adds RNG to it all since getting the #1 pick is such a huge advantage and worth a lot in trade 

Also lmao at DPP winning this vote by a pretty good amount meanwhile bw2 OU has 0 votes.

But yeah let's just skip straight to gen 5 for the game. Euthanize me. 

39 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

I personally like the auction, whether it be mixed or full auction. I also feel like the #1 pick is very strong compared to #8 and #9. The difference between #16 and #8 isn't very big. This along with the fact of the free #1 pick is strong.

I don't think the #1 pick is that strong compared to #8. JJ and I (and maybe someone else I don't remember) discussed the possibility of doing just one round of draft, which would be the captains of the teams. If you look at the first round draft picks, then the skill gap isn't that big.

1. Frags

2. Osuki

3. Yubel

4. Walpayer

5. Me

6. Schuchty

7. Oldkeith

8. Lkrenz

(6 and 7 might be swapped, I don't really remember)

then the second round picks are somewhat weaker (these won't be in order since I don't know where the order is and I'm too lazy to find it)

Jovi, JJ, Forfiter, SweetforU, yangsam, Bluebreath, PBC, NikhilR.

I think there's a slight quality drop, but could also be due to last season's managers choosing suboptimal people (cough torin, choosing sweetforu)

edit:

the draft order+ their records

0df94d1e04.png

thanks coolio 

Edited by BurntZebra
9 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

edit:

the draft order+ their records

0df94d1e04.png

thanks coolio 

Hey man I finished the season 6-3 which looks way better than 4-3. Please update it with playoffs stats too because I gotta look good. 

Edited by NikhilR

Mix of draft and auction is nice, adds another element to managing. I don't think the skill gap is that big, just depends on who u pick, players like enchantuer and miguelez werent even drafted and still did as good or better than the 'top' 16. Pipe defo overpaid for the #1 pick, i dont believe it would go for that much again

Draft gives you better tools to outsmart or gain advantages over the other managers in my opinion, but I don't like to ditch the credit system, so having mixed is the best way probably.

One thing I always disliked was the whole "losers gain an extra 1k credits" bullshit. You lost... suck it up. Why are you even getting rewarded for losing, that's the most uguu shit I ever heard.

Also, 1st pick isn't much of a big deal(if any advantage at all), but I think top 3 is probably were the curve slips down(based on effort they put in).

9 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Draft gives you better tools to outsmart or gain advantages over the other managers in my opinion, but I don't like to ditch the credit system, so having mixed is the best way probably.

One thing I always disliked was the whole "losers gain an extra 1k credits" bullshit. You lost... suck it up. Why are you even getting rewarded for losing, that's the most uguu shit I ever heard.

Also, 1st pick isn't much of a big deal(if any advantage at all), but I think top 3 is probably were the curve slips down(based on effort they put in).

I never understood why losers get 1k creds, is that only here or is it implemented in an actual sport? 

18 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

I never understood why losers get 1k creds, is that only here or is it implemented in an actual sport? 

apparently american sports reward losers

kinda pathetic

Edited by KaynineXL
2 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

In most American sports, worse teams get higher draft picks in the next season, but since PSL is fairly independent season to season, as teams aren't the same every season, it gave the "bad" teams a bit more of an advantage still. 

3 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

In most American sports, worse teams get higher draft picks in the next season, but since PSL is fairly independent season to season, as teams aren't the same every season, it gave the "bad" teams a bit more of an advantage still. 

Yeah but that still doesnt explain the credits thing 

I can't even begin to describe how much I hated the trashy draft system of last season. Plz never again!! If the draft system was to return tho, here are the changes that I believe are necessary to ensure PSL remains a fair competition:

1. The draft order should absolutely not be arbitrarily decided by luck. This is dumb af. The assumption that pick #1 + pick #16 is equal to pick #8 + pick #9 is utterly ridiculous. Don't we have anough RNG in this game already? Why would we want the draft order to be determined by luck? 

To fix this, I suggest that the 8 managers - with 100k each for the auction - bid for the draft picks. They don't bid for a player here, they would just bid for the picks. I believe this is more fair since managers can themselves determine the value of the picks instead of arbitrary luck deciding for them. Furthermore, last season, the weird tradable picks dynamic didn't make any sense, but if the managers were to valuate the picks by biding on them then it would make sense.

2. The PSL sign ups must be closed before anything regarding the picks happen. Last season, there was some fishy sign ups that happened right after some managers got the picks they wanted.

As for the selected tiers for PSL 8, I think it is better to select those tiers after the sign ups and not before. Let the players sign up for whatever they want and then decide what are the most popular tiers and the ones where there will be the most competition.

As for Doubles Bo1 vs Bo3, I think Bo3 is preferable if the players can't switch teams between duels. Doubles is enough of a shit tier already, please don't force the new comers to teambuild 3 teams each week. We don't need Doubles to be more exclusive than it already is.

Edited by gbwead

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.