[PSL 8] Donations Thread - Poll Added for Tiers

Rule Changes for PSL 8  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should Doubles be BO1 or BO3?

2. 2. Would you rather see 8 tier lineups or 10 tier lineups?

3. 3. What tiers would you like to see the most?

For anyone wondering/unaware, SM OU is no longer the unstable tier from 6-7 months ago. A lot of stuff has been banned which stopped some of the centralization. If in a scenario where PSL starts in 6 weeks, Greninja/baton pass bans should most likely be determined already so no suspect testing should occur during the season. The meta is pretty fun right now and has a nice balance of playstyles. Z moves are very interesting and open up so many new sets and surprises.

we should try Gen 7 OU > VGC for one season. 

19 minutes ago, SpartacusGD said:

I sent you 1m around midseason of psl 7. I asked if you would rather add it to psl 7 or psl 8. And we decided to give it to psl 8 cause cash pool of 7 already too much. Does it ring a bell now?

Haha well if you sent it, that means it was used in psl7. Cuz i didn't retain anything on jj's account

https://discord.gg/tGB6TW2

I created a discord channel for whoever wants to talk about PSL 8 on it. 

I am also currently looking for alternatives of teamspeak for the draft/auction, as there is no longer a public teamspeak server for Pokemmo. Discord is a possibility, but it lacks accurate time stamps, which are an important part of the auction for timekeeping. If someone knows something we can use for an auction, let me know. At the minimum, it should have messages+time stamps with seconds+preferably being able to mute people. 

Just now, Gunthug said:

Hey if it's good enough for every single major sporting league in this great country, it's good enough for me 

I would have to agree. It's simple. It's easy. But regardless, there will be haters. We've spoiled the world with our auction, forum, TS, hybrid crazy fun shit season after season. 

58 minutes ago, BurntZebra said:

https://discord.gg/tGB6TW2

I created a discord channel for whoever wants to talk about PSL 8 on it. 

I am also currently looking for alternatives of teamspeak for the draft/auction, as there is no longer a public teamspeak server for Pokemmo. Discord is a possibility, but it lacks accurate time stamps, which are an important part of the auction for timekeeping. If someone knows something we can use for an auction, let me know. At the minimum, it should have messages+time stamps with seconds+preferably being able to mute people. 

mIRC

Alright. Missed my chance to post my feedback of the previous PSL, so I will post in this thread. Obviously, this is in the hopes of creating a better season 8, although 7 was really good. So hold your horses for a long read.

First of all, VGC was, contrary to my first belief, a mistake. Why? Because VGC is a completely different game than anything being played in pokemmo. Don't say it resembles doubles because it does not resemble it that much. The problem with this was that there were only three people in the whole competition that take part in live events: myself, Bluebreath and Imabe. The tier became a joke to most teams, as they would gladly give up hopes on winning the VGC game while solidifying other areas, mainly pokemmo tiers. There was nothing to learn for the experienced players, while the mascots from other teams would just spam the showdown chat for a team and play it without even practising. And I don't blame them for that. It takes a damn long time of sustained practice to get good at the tier. No way you could learn it within a few weeks leading to PSL.

Second of all, there were too many attacks on the host, and not enough action taken back. There is a fine limit between trash talking, witty sarcasm and straight up calling a hard working, capable guy an idiot. Even if the host is wrong in his decision, he must be respected. There need to be penalties for insults, ranging from a 1 week suspension, to 3 then exclusion from the whole PSL season. If I was the host, I don't care that forfiter and gbwead are my friends. I'd ban them for the whole season.

Third of all, transfers. It was a big mess. I can't remember how many times Orange joined our team. The transfer or draft (however you muricans prefer) was a big mess and the only major flaw in the season. Fortunately, the fix can be simple, in 2 aspects:

1. Only allow two transfer windows: one before the first week thread is posted. And the second one during the midseason break week. Pretty straighforward, and I am sure this happens in quite a few sports.

2. Only allow a player to switch teams once. That also means if X is transferred from team 1 to team 2, he cannot be traded back to team 1.

Finally, I respect Orange ever since we were in the tier council. Very smart guy, probably the best reasoning skills from all the tier council at the time. But I don't want his example to be a precedent for players quitting teams if there is an argument with a manager. I am not sure if him being allowed to play is going to encourage this behaviour. This is a delicate subject and is up to the host

These are my thoughts, once again grats to JJ for hosting. I am pretty sure that season accelerated his hair greying process. Well done for hosting. As for me playing, I probably will do some showdown tier, although I will probably not focus as much on it. Also Zebra is a uguu most of the time sometimes, but he is good enough for a host, so you have the blessing of the VGC masta.

TLDR: No VGC please, punish personal attacks, control the transfer madness.

Edit: typos

Edited by OldKeith

@OldKeith absolutely love the idea of a transfer window and feel stupid for not thinking of it before. Definitely helps ease the trading chaos that can sometimes happen (like with orange last season, and maybe art too iirc) without hindering manager's freedom of trade too much. I disagree with the "can't be traded more than once" though, this can punish good managerial skills. Let's say Gb see's someone underperforming on lion's team after 2 weeks, we'll call him gunthug, and grabs him in a trade for a fraction of his value. Then, gunthug goes on a winning spree and suddenly he becomes a high value trading chip again - why shouldn't gb be able to cash in on that if he chooses? I think the problem you're trying to address will be mitigated by the transfer window anyway and would no longer be a real issue, but kudos to the idea as a whole and the rest of the feedback

5 minutes ago, OldKeith said:

Second of all, there were too many attacks on the host, and not enough action taken back. There is a fine limit between trash talking, witty sarcasm and straight up calling a hard working, capable guy an idiot. Even if the host is wrong in his decision, he must be respected. There need to be penalties for insults, ranging from a 1 week suspension, to 3 then exclusion from the whole PSL season. If I was the host, I don't care that forfiter and gbwead are my friends. I'd ban them for the whole season.

First, thank you for the kind words and criticisms. They were appropriate and just. Now regarding what I've quoted above: I wholeheartedly agree. I even had it written in the rules that any inappropriate behavior can warrant punishment, whether you were a player or manager. Now unfortunately, the PSL is a very delicate beast and Gbwead carried a lot of friendships, connections, etc. His actions and words were supported by a small minority, but still those players were extremely vocal. I briefly spoke about banning him with the DOG Council, but we felt it would be too drastic, unprecedented, and might destroy the PSL due to the uproar. In the end, I was just too soft and too frustrated to give a shit at that point. I have though told Zebra he has the power to do whatever the fuck he wants, and he knows that he has the power to ban a troublesome player from this event because simply put, it is his event and he should recognize that he needs player cooperation for it to succeed. 

And now my watch has ended.  

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

@OldKeith absolutely love the idea of a transfer window and feel stupid for not thinking of it before. Definitely helps ease the trading chaos that can sometimes happen (like with orange last season, and maybe art too iirc) without hindering manager's freedom of trade too much. I disagree with the "can't be traded more than once" though, this can punish good managerial skills. Let's say Gb see's someone underperforming on lion's team after 2 weeks, we'll call him gunthug, and grabs him in a trade for a fraction of his value. Then, gunthug goes on a winning spree and suddenly he becomes a high value trading chip again - why shouldn't gb be able to cash in on that if he chooses? I think the problem you're trying to address will be mitigated by the transfer window anyway and would no longer be a real issue, but kudos to the idea as a whole and the rest of the feedback

The problem with your example is that I indeed tried to get you last season and presented many offers to lion. However, in all cases, even if I did end up with you in my team, I still had no intention to let you play since I had XPLOZ in DPP. The only reason why I wanted you in my team was so I could trade you off for a player I needed more. 

Just now, gbwead said:

The problem with your example is that I indeed tried to get you last season and presented many offers to lion. However, in all cases, even if I did end up with you in my team, I still had no intention to let you play since I had XPLOZ in DPP. The only reason why I wanted you in my team was so I could trade you off for a player I needed more. 

Well that's essentially the same argument - why shouldn't you be able to (attempt to) grab me for cheap while my value is low and then swap me again when demand for a dpp player rises? Even if I hadn't played while on your team, my stock still rises because not playing=not losing lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.