[PSL 8] Donations Thread - Poll Added for Tiers

Rule Changes for PSL 8  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Should Doubles be BO1 or BO3?

2. 2. Would you rather see 8 tier lineups or 10 tier lineups?

3. 3. What tiers would you like to see the most?

Just now, GeneralVenican said:

doubt it, but what if gen5 comes before or during psl? what actions would be taken to make it fair?

I kind of doubt gen 5 will come during PSL. From what I heard from people, the PTS was fairly rough and unfinished, and there's probably a lot of work to be done on it still. I'd assume we're going to go a while before we see another PTS, and even then, there's going to be more time after that. If the update somehow came unexpectedly (or some other update unrelated to gen 5), then we still have a few options. I'm not sure on the specifics of what the update will entail, but it's possible that people will still be able to run old comps and I or someone else can check the comps to make sure that they do not have any illegal moves (will o wisp on arcanine or something like that). 

We could also go on a 1 or 2 week hiatus to allow people to make new comps. Showdown would be another option, but there would be some issues with mechanics changing from generation to generation. We'll worry about it more if/when it actually happens. 

13 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

I know its a bit early, but what kinda schedule are we looking at?

Wont matter cuz you wont get drafted, again

11 minutes ago, GeneralVenican said:

doubt it, but what if gen5 comes before or during psl? what actions would be taken to make it fair?

Good point

#jovi4manager

Just now, BurntZebra said:

I'd like input from the community on that and other issues. Personally, I prefer just one doubles match, but I'll have to see what everyone else thinks. 

IMO: Best of 3 doubles>Best of 1

Why: provides opportunity for more skillful players to not get hard-fucked on a counter match and helps negate the impact of a heavy RNG game

I went 8-2 last season, id have gone 5-5 if games ended after game 1, partly due to RNG, partly because of hard counter teams. So while it seems like this is a change that benefits me, it quite frankly benefits a higher skill cap doubles meta. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.