Tier List Update May 2017

First I would like to say that this may seem a bit small, if any tier council member would like to elaborate one some of the decisions that were made they are free to do so in the discussions thread, but in the interest of not looking stupid, I will mostly just be posting the movements.

I will announce the Tier list changes of May in this thread.

These changes are made according to the Usage gathered during the months of March and April after respective tier changes were made

The tables can be seen here: (The cut-off point is 4.36%).

A list of this months Tier Changes:

Moving down from OU to UU/BL: Quick Banned to Borderline

Espeon: 3.90% Usage in OU,  

With access to instant recovery, high speed, and the ability to boost its already respectable special attack, the TC felt espeon would put far too much pressure on the tier's special walls. It's possible this was already in BL at one point, but that's where it'll remain for now.

Moving up from NU to UU

Cacturne: 4.64% Usage in UU

Moving down from UU to NU/BL2: Quick Banned to Borderline 2

Sharpedo: 4.30 % Usage in UU

Sharpedo was already a huge threatening presence in NU during its last go-around, and with poliwrath rising out of the tier there are simply too few options to deal with this shark. Mixed life orb sets handle would-be switchins like tangela, bellossom, qwilfish, and politoed. It's speed tier sits among the highest in the tier, almost forcing a scarf to attempt to revenge kill, usually after it's already nabbed a kill. Hitmontop is an early-game answer, but struggles to maintain enough health to handle it with aggron also breathing down it's neck. We'll get to aggron next month, but for now, we decided Sharpedo has overstayed its welcome in NU.

Moving down  from UU to NU

Hypno: 3.09% usage in UU

Thanks to the Tier Council, I know I have been pushing you guys hard to get things done and on schedule. Also to everyone who has been participating in Official Tournaments and Matchmaking!

Also, very sorry for the minimal info provided, more may be added to the post later, wanted to get these updates out to you guys asap.

• Munya unpinned this topic
  • Munya pinned this topic