The EV items and Breeding

Gilan

Question

I am suggesting that we add the +4-to-the-associated-ev-after-battle functionality to the breeding braces. Why? because it's a canonical function that would speed up one of the most boring aspects of this game.

So why breeding braces and not just 6 new items? Well, because I am also suggesting that when training pokemon with the braces, the braces accumulate "charges". Once they reach a certain number of charges, it will no longer function for the additional EVs (thus requiring that you continuously have to buy more). However, reaching this max charge is not without benefit. When you use a fully charged brace for breeding, the brace will pass that parent's IV with an additional +1 to the IV. So if you put a fully charged Speed brace on a pokemon with 30 Speed, and breed it, the offspring will have 31 Speed.

The idea is that the player puts in an amount of effort that would be at least comparable to having to breed for the 31 IV anyways, but is done in a way that is tacked onto ev training. Thus, overall making the comp-building process more cyclical and smooth.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Gilan
changed title

2 answers to this question

56 minutes ago, axx said:

Are charged braces tradeable?

I personally don't see why they shouldn't be. But haven't really put much thought to it.

It would encourage ev training as a money making method (outside of training other people's mons). Would encourage more breeding. Which would encourage more training. And around this circle we go.

Seems very stimulating to me.

edit: though partially charged ones wouldn't be tradeable.

Edited by Gilan