New RP Only Item : Golden Wailmer Pail

Xatu

Question

Another time saving item. Potentially untradable. Could work in several theoretical ways.

1. Automatically brings berries to full water levels after planting the tree.

2. Waters entire patch of plants with 1 click being near them.

3. Waters 1 row of trees at a time.

10 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Kite said:

You need to stop with the whole RP Only items. Not only is this a bad idea because it will allow mass farm it'll also devalue berries by a crap ton. Then players suffer even more if the value of berries stay the same while only a few people can control the berry market...

So I should stop because you say so?  You might not be able to tell but alot of thought and planning goes into my suggestions.

More items = good for the economy.  

RP items = Good because the game is F2P and gives devs incentive to code more.

Honestly shaving a few seconds off of the process isn't going to change much.

2 minutes ago, Xatu said:

So I should stop because you say so?  You might not be able to tell but alot of thought and planning goes into my suggestions.

More items = good for the economy.  

RP items = Good because the game is F2P and gives devs incentive to code more.

Honestly shaving a few seconds off of the process isn't going to change much.

More items =/= a good economy.

When there is a huge surplus of in this case berries prices drop. If the prices drop the berries more or less become less valuable until they are worth nothing. 

You have been suggesting bad suggestions for 3 threads trying to add more of a P2W aspect into the game. 

9 minutes ago, Kite said:

More items =/= a good economy.

When there is a huge surplus of in this case berries prices drop. If the prices drop the berries more or less become less valuable until they are worth nothing. 

You have been suggesting bad suggestions for 3 threads trying to add more of a P2W aspect into the game. 

This idea wouldn't add any more berries it simply takes a few seconds off of watering the berries. This and the Pokerus ideas aren't even p2w. More like "pay to save time" like the amnesia brace and ocarinas.

Just now, Xatu said:

This idea wouldn't add any more berries it simply takes a few seconds off of watering the berries. This and the Pokerus ideas aren't even p2w. More like "pay to save time" like the amnesia brace and ocarinas.

Amnesia Brace doesn't save time, Ocarinas let you carry your mons without needing a HM Slave sorry but they are not a comparison to the crap you're wanting to suggest lol.

But the fact it would add more berries, the faster you can farm them the higher the berry output a day. 

1 minute ago, Kite said:

Amnesia Brace doesn't save time, Ocarinas let you carry your mons without needing a HM Slave sorry but they are not a comparison to the crap you're wanting to suggest lol.

But the fact it would add more berries, the faster you can farm them the higher the berry output a day. 

They still take 16~ hours to produce. Shaving 10 seconds wouldn't affect the value at all.  The players decide the value based demand.  Also please stop using degrading adjectives and saying my ideas are "crappy" or bad.  Like I said before alot of love and thought goes into these ideas.  You don't have to like them. But you can be civil and polite about saying so. All this "stop making suggestions" and "ur bad" type comments is just toxic and contributes nothing to the conversation.

I never stated for you to stop suggesting anything. I stated with the whole RP Only items. Your suggestions have been bad. This isn't being toxic. I never said you were bad. But please by all means keep twisting words around :)

That being said I did somehow had information in my head that was corrupted in my head thinking "Oh water to max level" to "Oh instant berries? No thanks" Not sure how probably cause I'm tired. But I still don't like it as you can still farm berries at a faster rate. 

I don't like this idea (at first I did, but then I thought about it some more).

To begin with, if you plant berries in an optimal way to maximize berry output per time, this item won't actually affect the berry rate (the optimal way being to plant all the berries across all three patches first, and then go back an water them after all locations have been planted). Though no one does this optimal way, cause it is not optimal general gameplay.

Despite this, the item would maybe save you about a minute per run if you plant berries like a normal person. Assuming you are planting berries that take 16hrs to grow, the extra minute time save translates into an extra farm run about every 960 farm runs. You would think that this would have such a minimal effect for the convenience that it provides the player. However, upon further thought you begin to see issues.

I would like to point out that the item could entice more players to begin berry planting, and that, for sure, would make a big impact on the berry market. Also, since berry farming would feel, and appear to be more convenient with the item, those players would likely be willing to sell their berries for less than current prices, which would cause a decrease in berry prices.

Therefore, only thinking about "shaving off a few seconds per run won't make a significant impact" is a shallow thought process. The item would very likely reduce the berry market to a lower state.

And thus I can't back this idea.

I feel like every one of these suggestions could do without the "RP only item" part. it's one thing to suggest new items, but suggesting specifically what they should sell for RP makes what could possibly seem like a good idea just come off as annoying and stupid. Granted I'm almost certain that's your goal at this point but what ever.

2 hours ago, Xatu said:

Another time saving item. Potentially untradable. Could work in several theoretical ways.

1. Automatically brings berries to full water levels after planting the tree.

2. Waters entire patch of plants with 1 click being near them.

3. Waters 1 row of trees at a time.

For the third time, please stop touching our pocketbooks! I am trying my best to give you good advise which is about not suggesting stuff about the Gift Shop. I am going to repeat myself once again and hopefully you understand, the developers have the Gift Shop all figured out. Are you insulting the intellect of the developers? Your turning PokeMMO into an app from the App Store and I don't like this.

You say your were homeless, shouldn't you be arguing against this stuff? I live in a stable household where stuff is not a struggle, but one question comes to mind, how am I more sympathetic with the majority of the player base than you? I am passionate about the community and your treating us as people from the royal family. I am not rich irl, but lets just say stuff is not a struggle for me. I am much more emphatic than you apparently and shouldn't this be reversed? You know what its like to be homeless, and you know that a pocketbook is a sensitive place for most people.

I would rather let PokeMMO not be so reliant on if your rich or poor in real life and more on if you have the mindset to get the resources needed for the game. @LifeStyle said this in one of your RP suggestions:

money =/= skill

I want items to be obtained in game rather than by the Gift Shop.