New RP Only Item : Pokerus Pill

Xatu

Question

Allow us to buy Pokerus individually for a cheapish amount. 25-50 RP a pill with a scaling model encouraging the purchase of more.  Works exactly like vanilla Pokerus minus the spreading effect.  Doubles EVs earned.

15 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Xatu said:

Allow us to buy Pokerus individually for a cheapish amount. 25-50 RP a pill with a scaling model encouraging the purchase of more.  Works exactly like vanilla Pokerus minus the spreading effect.  Doubles EVs earned.

Can you make that pill 100k in game? Problem solved. Please stop throwing Reward points in the discussion. Man my head hurts.

Stop suggesting stuff for the Gift Shop. The devs already have that place figured out. If you really want to contribute to the Gift Shop, then please comment about a nice piece of clothing here:

Spoiler

Here is my advise, if you want to stop making people mad, then stop mentioning suggestions about the Gift Shop. Your making me mad, and @Bearminator had to cool me off. Money is a VERY touchy topic for me. Don't suggest for PokeMMO to touch our pocketbook and things should be fine.

Just now, Bestfriends said:

Can you make that pill 100k in game? Problem solved. Please stop throwing Reward points in the discussion. Man my head hurts.

Stop suggesting stuff for the Gift Shop. The devs already have that place figured out. If you really want to contribute to the Gift Shop, then please comment about a nice piece of clothing here:

Reveal hidden contents

Here is my advise, if you want to stop making people mad, then stop mentioning suggestions about the Gift Shop. Your making me mad, and @Bearminator had to cool me off. Money is a VERY touchy topic for me. Don't suggest for PokeMMO to touch our pocketbook and things should be fine.

... It's not a vanity.  Also you can just buy it off of the gtl if thats how you feel.  I never said to make it untradeable.  RP suggestions are good.  You might not like donating to this MMO but more donations = more time for the devs to work on the game which = a better game.  This is purely a convenience item and I priced it at 25 cents. 

4 minutes ago, Xatu said:

... It's not a vanity.  Also you can just buy it off of the gtl if thats how you feel.  I never said to make it untradeable.  RP suggestions are good.  You might not like donating to this MMO but more donations = more time for the devs to work on the game which = a better game.  This is purely a convenience item and I priced it at 25 cents. 

Tru, 25 cents will motivate them so much to work harder!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Parke said:

Tru, 25 cents will motivate them so much to work harder!!!!!!!!!!

25 cents to save 2x time is pretty worth.  I also said there would be scaling amount to encourage the purchase of more.  Bringing the price to more like 10 cents if you buy more.   People would buy several thus giving the devs more money.  Also any amount of money is good. 

Edited by Xatu
12 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Your kind of triggering me. I wish there was a safe space for people who are sensitive about their pocketbooks...

I would rather see that pill available without going through the Gift Shop. If the devs wanted to, they could of thrown the Ability Pill in the Gift Shop, but no, its in the Breeding Houses in Mauville and Four Island for just 30k. The devs can do the same thing with that pill.

PokeMMO is not begging me for the money, so I give it to them because its my form of "good job @Desu @Kyu @Shu @Squirtle" rather than personal gain unless there is a special vanity item that's on sale for a limited time. I am very sensitive about money in real life and I would hate for it to go down the drain.

Make this pill available in game not by Reward Points, but by Battle Points or Daycare. The devs already have the Gift Shop figured out, if they needed suggestions on it, they would open up a thread like @Darkshade's Vanity Items Thread.

Edited by Bestfriends
Made my point sound a little better.
1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

I would rather it see that pill available without going through the Gift Shop. If the devs wanted to, they could of thrown the Ability Pill in the Gift Shop, but no, its in the Breeding Houses in Mauville and Four Island for just 30k. The devs can do the same thing with that pill.

Except ability pill is a needed game mechanic that applies to ANY mon.  This item simply saves time, like the ocarina, Amnesia brace.

PokeMMO is not begging me for the money, so I give it to them because its my form of "good job @Desu @Kyu @Shu @Squirtle" rather than personal gain unless there is a special vanity item that's on sale for a limited time. I am very sensitive about money in real life and I would hate for it to go down the drain.

So am I.  Last year i made $0.  I also happen to love video games.  Video games are almost never free unless you illegally download them.  Buying video games is fine because you get to support the developers and in turn they use that money to make more/a better game.  Ever gone to see a movie?  Thats about 2 hours of entertainment for $10.  Here they are offering THOUSANDS of hours of entertainment for potentially free.  Donating POCKET CHANGE is not crazy at all, that is, if you actually enjoy the game and want to see it go far. 

Make this pill available in game not by Reward Points, but by Battle Points or Daycare. The devs already have the Gift Shop figured out, if they needed suggestions on it, they would open up a thread like @Darkshade's Vanity Items Thread.

Why should I allow you to dictate what suggestions I am and am not allowed to post?  This is not a vanity.  And if a thread like that existed there would likely not even be many people suggestion pertinent items.  I can only think of like 1-2 more RP items tops.

22 minutes ago, Xatu said:

1. Except ability pill is a needed game mechanic that applies to ANY mon.  This item simply saves time, like the ocarina, Amnesia brace.

2. So am I.  Last year i made $0.  I also happen to love video games.  a) Video games are almost never free unless you illegally download them.  Buying video games is fine because you get to support the developers and in turn they use that money to make more/a better game.  Ever gone to see a movie?  Thats about 2 hours of entertainment for $10.  Here they are offering THOUSANDS of hours of entertainment for potentially free.  Donating POCKET CHANGE is not crazy at all, that is, if you actually enjoy the game and want to see it go far. 

3. Why should I allow you to dictate what suggestions I am and am not allowed to post?  This is not a vanity.  And if a thread like that existed there would likely not even be many people suggestion pertinent items.  I can only think of like 1-2 more RP items tops.

1. Vitamins are available in the Battle Frontier and they save time too. The PokeRus Pill should be available without the need for Reward Points.

2. I am going to jump into your examples and I hope you see what I am talking about:

a) You buy Super Mario on the Nintendo Switch, and then in order for Mario to move 5 levels, you have to pay $1.99. People argue to Nintendo, but there is one guy who says...

"Hey! If you like the game, pay for it! Either put up or shut up!"

That is exactly what your trying to say and that is what I am trying to prevent.

b) You go to the movies and you already pay your $10 bucks, but half way through the movie, the screen turns off and the clerk says "If you want to watch the other half of 'Pidgey Domination', you will have to pay $5."

Do you see how crazy this is? I already have PokeMMO downloaded, for $0 and I really enjoy the overall gameplay, so I chip in without anyone asking me to do it. 

3. I am not trying to dictate you, I am trying to suggest something that might save your crediability in the community. There are people who live on a shoestring budget that cannot afford to give PokeMMO Reward Points. Do you really want PokeMMO to force people to pay for stuff? Your allowing that. The key word I said was "force" and not "volunteer." Oh, that's a nice pill, but too bad, I need money to pay off my student loan debt. I would rather see more clothes than more comp stuff in the Gift Shop. I want you to look at this suggestion:

@Matoka taught me something really profound. He taught me that this suggestion is wrong on so many levels. This suggestion is quite similar to your suggestion. Please do not make any more suggestions about the Gift Shop unless it has to do with clothing. I am not forcing you, I am suggesting it for your own good.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification

I have no idea how I taught you how this suggestion is "wrong on so many levels", if you are referring to competitive donor status then it is an entirely different kettle of fish, I don't personally see the need for this to be frowned upon because it falls under the "Luxury" item area and as such is technically harmless.

Pokerus does not give any lasting permanent advantage over another pokemon, once they have been EV trained they are exactly the same as another pokemon that was EV trained without Pokerus, the only difference is that it saves time, if you are willing to pay a little.

As it is luxury it is not harmful, it does not have any lasting effects or give any disadvantages, the reason I called you out on that 2016 post is because yours has lasting effects, a pokemon's IV's cannot be changed and the pokemon would last forever if you wanted it to, Its really not an apt comparison in any regard.

Honestly a cheap ~25 RP item on cash shop doesn't sound bad since it gives something for people with only <50 RP something they can actually buy, and as I said it is purely luxury, it saves a miniscule amount of time in the grand scheme of things, lets say it takes me 30 mins to EV train a pokemon to 252 / 252 / 4, now it takes me 15 minutes, I have saved 15 minutes of my life thanks to this luxury item, but outside that I have gained nothing.
Additionally people being able to buy it off GTL means its available for everyone and because its consumable it'd keep getting purchased most likely.

I personally think this is a fine suggestion, although I personally would never use it because it is after all a luxury item and is not needed, but there are people who feel like buying luxury items and this is an acceptable option for them to have I feel, so I would be fine with this being in the game (although I personally would never use it most likely).

BestFriends please don't put words in people's mouths, also please recognise that one type of suggestion for the gift shop will not be identical to all suggestions for the gift shop.
Also, you are really being overly harsh about Xatu's suggestion, even if I were to disagree with a suggestion saying "Please never suggest anything of this manner again" is flat out rude and unwarranted, you have no right to suggest that, bad suggestions are equally valid to good suggestions because they make us think about "Why" this is good / bad, and therefore allows us to evaluate future suggestions in a better light. 

In short, be quiet. you have said your piece on this suggestion and that should be enough for you, you don't need to tell the poster to stop making posts, and stop putting words in my mouth.

Edited by Matoka
8 hours ago, Matoka said:

I have no idea how I taught you how this suggestion is "wrong on so many levels", if you are referring to competitive donor status then it is an entirely different kettle of fish, I don't personally see the need for this to be frowned upon because it falls under the "Luxury" item area and as such is technically harmless.

Pokerus does not give any lasting permanent advantage over another pokemon, once they have been EV trained they are exactly the same as another pokemon that was EV trained without Pokerus, the only difference is that it saves time, if you are willing to pay a little.

As it is luxury it is not harmful, it does not have any lasting effects or give any disadvantages, the reason I called you out on that 2016 post is because yours has lasting effects, a pokemon's IV's cannot be changed and the pokemon would last forever if you wanted it to, Its really not an apt comparison in any regard.

Honestly a cheap ~25 RP item on cash shop doesn't sound bad since it gives something for people with only <50 RP something they can actually buy, and as I said it is purely luxury, it saves a miniscule amount of time in the grand scheme of things, lets say it takes me 30 mins to EV train a pokemon to 252 / 252 / 4, now it takes me 15 minutes, I have saved 15 minutes of my life thanks to this luxury item, but outside that I have gained nothing.
Additionally people being able to buy it off GTL means its available for everyone and because its consumable it'd keep getting purchased most likely.

I personally think this is a fine suggestion, although I personally would never use it because it is after all a luxury item and is not needed, but there are people who feel like buying luxury items and this is an acceptable option for them to have I feel, so I would be fine with this being in the game (although I personally would never use it most likely).

BestFriends please don't put words in people's mouths, also please recognise that one type of suggestion for the gift shop will not be identical to all suggestions for the gift shop.
Also, you are really being overly harsh about Xatu's suggestion, even if I were to disagree with a suggestion saying "Please never suggest anything of this manner again" is flat out rude and unwarranted, you have no right to suggest that, bad suggestions are equally valid to good suggestions because they make us think about "Why" this is good / bad, and therefore allows us to evaluate future suggestions in a better light. 

In short, be quiet. you have said your piece on this suggestion and that should be enough for you, you don't need to tell the poster to stop making posts, and stop putting words in my mouth.

The hypocrisy in you taking about 4 too many paragraphs to chide best friends for trying to silence xatu, while then turning around and telling him to stop posting, is astounding. What BF said about you (that you taught him this suggestion was wrong) was pretty innocuous too, not sure why you got your panties in such a bundle over it. Personally I think you personally took it way too personally. 

Just so this stays sort of on topic, I think this is an item that would actually fit within what should be purchaseable with RP. However pokerus is named after a virus because it spreads, so taking away the spreading feature kinda ruins the whole concept. You'd be better off suggesting an item, named something completely different, that doubles EV gain (Which probably already exists in some game iirc) 

Edited by Gunthug
On 04/05/2017 at 4:38 PM, Gunthug said:

The hypocrisy in you taking about 4 too many paragraphs to chide best friends for trying to silence xatu, while then turning around and telling him to stop posting, is astounding. What BF said about you (that you taught him this suggestion was wrong) was pretty innocuous too, not sure why you got your panties in such a bundle over it. Personally I think you personally took it way too personally. 

Just so this stays sort of on topic, I think this is an item that would actually fit within what should be purchaseable with RP. However pokerus is named after a virus because it spreads, so taking away the spreading feature kinda ruins the whole concept. You'd be better off suggesting an item, named something completely different, that doubles EV gain (Which probably already exists in some game iirc) 

Good afternoon Gunthug, I hope your doing well. I am scared of P2W and I took out my concern on @Xatu and I apologise for it. I would like for you to hear my side of the argument, Xatu has been suggesting a ton of stuff for Reward Points and not all people are swimming in cash (and I may not be struggling financially, but I feel bad for people who are). @Matoka I also apologise for bringing you into this, but what you told me with the Comp Donor Status has kind of a lasting effect on me. I guess you can say, I am paranoid about Reward Point suggestions (I am not trying to be a victim, but I've seen this movie before "The Night of The Living Game Apps!").

If the devs are alright with it, they can throw that into the Gift Shop. I am very touchy about my pocketbook, please do not take it the wrong way.