New RP/BP Only Item : IV Up

Xatu

Question

It costs 500-1000 RP (Could be as low as 75 RP or could cost BP instead). All it does is increase one IV stat of your choice by one IV Stat point, while retaining the original hidden power that the Mon had. Pretty much, giving us the effect bottle caps have in 7th gen. Max allowed is one used on any mon, to not undermine genderless breeds. 

Main reason:  HP fire with 31 speed.

Edited by Xatu

2 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Step 1:  Buy Donators Pass with IRL Cash

Step 2: Sell donators on GTL for in-game yen

Step 3:  Buy a finished comp thus making you better off from a gameplay standpoint.

Funny how you call this pay to win but it's the only point you've brought up so far that actually supports the economy.

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

More money = more time for devs to work on game = better game.

I dont think $5 is going to magically open up time for a dev to do his job.

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

But in gen 7 everyone has access to it through a gameplay mechanic. You know, that virtual world our characters occupy that's supposed to have some semblance of internal logic. The magic hand from the sky reaching down and altering pokemom DNA is, again, just lazy 

It increases 1 stat by 1 point, OMG so OP bro.  So lazy man.  

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Ok, by that logic, why not make pokeballs exclusively purchaseable with irl cash? But the people who buy them can resell on gtl so it's not pay to win right?

Its a niche item that only effects 0.01% of mons created.  So your pokeball statement is completely incomparable.  And frankly, youre coming off as snarky and rude at this point, probably because you have no argument and youre literally arguing against supporting a game you love.  

6 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

I dont think $5 is going to magically open up time for a dev to do his job.

$5 x 1000+.  And it could cost less too, that parts up to them.  Certainly having it cost like 75 rp like dyes would make it more accessible.

Just now, Xatu said:

$5 x 1000+.  And it could cost less too, that parts up to them.  Certainly having it cost like 75 rp like dyes would make it more accessible.

You are still implying that people aren't gonna realize this item is so valuable that it can be sold for over a mil

Just now, PlazmaX said:

You are still implying that people aren't gonna realize this item is so valuable that it can be sold for over a mil

Economics 101:

1. There is a demand for a product.  

2.  Demand causes the price to go up.

2. People see said demand.  

3.  People purchase larger amounts of them.

4.  Prices go down due to large quantities of the item being available.  

3 minutes ago, Xatu said:

It increases 1 stat by 1 point, OMG so OP bro.  So lazy man.  

Frankly, you're coming off as snarky and rude at this point, probably because you have no argument 

3 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Its a niche item that only effects 0.01% of mons created.  So your pokeball statement is completely incomparable.  And frankly, youre coming off as snarky and rude at this point, probably because you have no argument and youre literally arguing against supporting a game you love.  

There are plenty of ways to support the game right now as it is. Plus the money that would be spent on this item is money that could have otherwise been spent on different RP items - there isn't an endless supply of money that donators can use 

Just now, Xatu said:

Economics 101:

1. There is a demand for a product.  

2.  Demand causes the price to go up.

2. People see said demand.  

3.  People purchase larger amounts of them.

4.  Prices go down due to large quantities of the item being available.  

You're comparing real economics to a mmo full of selfish people, if they're willing to spend money for a item they're not going to sell it cheap 

Just now, Xatu said:

youre literally arguing against supporting a game you love.  

There you go thinking players are against supporting the game. Let me try to make this clear: THAT IS NOT THE CASE WE ARE MAKING. We're against paid items that are...

1. Unnecessary 
  2. Have pay to win aspects

They bring imbalance to the game and ultimately are not needed at all. This item in question causes imbalance to comps, and while only affecting so many, it still has an impact that will shake the metagame and more or less force players to buy this item for the pokemon that benefits most from it. 

Just now, Gunthug said:

There are plenty of ways to support the game right now as it is.

There's nothing wrong with adding another thing.  

Just now, Gunthug said:

Plus the money that would be spent on this item is money that could have otherwise been spent on different RP items - there isn't an endless supply of money that donators can use 

Like I said before the price point can be extremely low to make it more accessible to everyone.  75 rp = 75 cents.  That's literally pocket change man.  Even $5 is barely anything.  If you cant afford to spend $5 on a video game then howd you get a computer, a place to live, and food to eat?  If you dont have $5 you can't afford to play video games bro.   

Just now, Xatu said:

There's nothing wrong with adding another thing.  

Like I said before the price point can be extremely low to make it more accessible to everyone.  75 rp = 75 cents.  That's literally pocket change man.  Even $5 is barely anything.  If you cant afford to spend $5 on a video game then howd you get a computer, a place to live, and food to eat?  If you dont have $5 you can't afford to play video games bro.   

So let's see I have 5 dollars, steam is having a sale, I can donate to a free game with no endgame content or I could buy multiple games with long lasting content 

1 minute ago, PlazmaX said:

So let's see I have 5 dollars, steam is having a sale, I can donate to a free game with no endgame content or I could buy multiple games with long lasting content 

So you're comparing steam games to f2p MMOs?  And you claim this game has no end game content? Well first of all f2p MMOs =/= steam games. 

Secondly, this game is 100% endgame content.  Idk what game youre playing.  

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

So you're comparing steam games to f2p MMOs?  And you claim this game has no end game content? Well first of all f2p MMOs =/= steam games. 

Secondly, this game is 100% endgame content.  Idk what game youre playing.  

No no no I'm comparing you saying that we should donate because 5 dollars is pocket money, why would I donate to a game when I can buy a new one, and no this game has no end game content, end game content is for everyone, comp is not 

No no no I'm comparing you saying that we should donate because 5 dollars is pocket money, why would I donate to a game when I can buy a new one

You donate because its an MMO.  Your donation helps support server costs and in return you get some sweet swag in-game.   Its not like you leave empty-handed.   

and no this game has no end game content, end game content is for everyone, comp is not 

Ever wonder why the player retention rate is so slow?  Thats because comp is literally all this game has going for it.  No form of PvE is not gonna involve comp mons either.  Even if they added "dungeons" or whatever, what would we use to beat them?  Comps.  Theres no way around it this game IS competitive pokemon.  The endgame is breeding and perfecting your skills, just like the vanilla games.  Except in this game our comps are actually worth something, along with our shinies.  Wherein vanilla neither or those things mean anything.  

I'm going to be blunt here since the thread seems to be on a downward spiral. This suggestion would fall under the definition of pay to win, hence I personally would not support it. The post you made about there already being p2w elements in game is incorrect as well. If you were to buy an rp item and sell it for pokeyen, then buy comps, it would be more pay to enter as those comps are made the same as any other. We have no item in the gift shop currently that makes winning an official of any kind any easier. If the suggestion were tweaked so that it would be a drop in game for instance, it would be much better however it then resembles the bottle cap suggestion, only much less op. But I think we all know how the devs felt on that suggestion.

I'm on phone on my lunch break so have not conversed with any staff members, any opinions are purely mine

Why is this thread even taken seriously?

The concept of "lowering/highering IVs for certain amount of goods" has been a topic of discussion for as long as the game has existed. It's a very controversial one indeed because the concept of manipulating a Pokemon's IVs seems a concept that many don't wanna touch. Eventually it lead to HP changer.

This topic brings no extra value to the discussion of IV changing but to suggest you should use RP to have this feature when the whole feature is something that has been debated forever. Needless to say if IV changing was implemented, RP shouldn't be the way to go.

Edited by OrangeManiac
8 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

>get to finals

>alakazam vs alakazam

>both HP Fire

>player 1 paid for IV boost, therefore wins speed tie

>player 1 wins shiny comp + 1000 RP

>player 2 screwed out of winning because he/she didnt pay

Not pay to win at all, nope.

actually, if player 2 is anyone but you he sigs/sballs, wins the tour and pms you thanking you for using hp fire

11 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

So basically, pay to win? I'll pass on that.

/thread

I don't care if its tradeable or whatnot, Breeding is in the game, shinies with good IV's should be rare, as much as I'd kill for this for a Shedinja i don't want this in the game.

5 hours ago, notmudkip0 said:

I was pointing out that both had HP fire IVs :v

You would use signal beam or shadow ball.  Not HP fire in that situation. 

3 hours ago, Matoka said:

/thread

I don't care if its tradeable or whatnot, Breeding is in the game, shinies with good IV's should be rare, as much as I'd kill for this for a Shedinja i don't want this in the game.

Increasing 1 stat by one iv point is in no way overpowered.  Its a once time use as well.  A single breed would be 100x more better for the mon, excluding the Hidden power feature. 

17 hours ago, Xatu said:

It costs 500-1000 RP (Could be as low as 75 RP or could cost BP instead). All it does is increase one IV stat of your choice by one IV Stat point, while retaining the original hidden power that the Mon had. Pretty much, giving us the effect bottle caps have in 7th gen. Max allowed is one used on any mon, to not undermine genderless breeds. 

Main reason:  HP fire with 31 speed.

I would rather it cost Battle Points instead of Reward Points. I don't want PokeMMO to be like 90% of gaming apps in the App Store.

"Do you want to progress? If so, pay $0.99 to go to the next level!"

or

"You could wait for two days OR you can pay $0.99 for this process to take 5 minutes."

Just now, Bestfriends said:

I would rather it cost Battle Points instead of Reward Points. I don't want PokeMMO to be like 90% of gaming apps in the App Store.

"Do you want to progress? If so, pay $0.99 to go to the next level!"

or

"You could wait for two days OR you can pay $0.99 for this process to take 5 minutes."

Well it IS a free MMO.  Literally every free MMO uses micro-transactions in lieu of a monthly membership fee.  Pretty much, its one or the either.  75 cents one time for an extremely uncommon niche item is completely reasonable.  Not a large price to pay at all considering its just a one time thing.  Most MMO's charge like $10-$15 a month just to play...  We get to play forever..