New RP/BP Only Item : IV Up

Xatu

Question

It costs 500-1000 RP (Could be as low as 75 RP or could cost BP instead). All it does is increase one IV stat of your choice by one IV Stat point, while retaining the original hidden power that the Mon had. Pretty much, giving us the effect bottle caps have in 7th gen. Max allowed is one used on any mon, to not undermine genderless breeds. 

Main reason:  HP fire with 31 speed.

Edited by Xatu

Guys. First of all, donating is only good will of pokemmo players. I personally wouldn't want to see situation when I will have to pay for pokeballs etc and so far I can't recall situation like this taking place in Pokemmo.

I'm not against this suggestion neither I like it, I'm more on Battle Points side here. Point is, please don't call other players to donate for game, it's unnecessary. Personal attacks are no-no as well

8 minutes ago, Xatu said:

It is if you want it to be:

Step 1:  Buy RP

Step 2:  Sell RP items for in-game currency

Step 3:  Buy like 3 comps

Hottdamn bro!  That's like halfway to a full comp team and for only $10.  It would only take like $20 to buy 6x comp mons that way. 

I don't understand why you want to increase this effect...

Just now, Bearminator said:

Guys. First of all, donating is only good will of pokemmo players. I personally wouldn't want to see situation when I will have to pay for pokeballs etc and so far I can't recall situation like this taking place in Pokemmo.

I'm not against this suggestion neither I like it, I'm more on Battle Points side here. Point is, please don't call other players to donate for game, it's unnecessary. Personal attacks are no-no as well

I am glad your not eating up my wallet. There has to be some light in this discussion, but in all seriousness though, I've been trying apps before that actually do that. I am not doing this to seek attention, but its really painful. I am trying to look for the 10% of apps that don't do this. I apologise if my rant is a little heated. I do not want PokeMMO to become a P2W. As @Desu pointed out to me, the devs try to make it not that way. Xatu is suggesting something I would not like to see happen to PokeMMO.

Thanks for watering me down a little, this is a very sensitive topic for me.

Just now, Bearminator said:

Yeah BF, I just don't want arguments to become flarewars. I bet Xatu wants only good things for our community so lets work together to find solutions :3

I think we can all agree that as long as money is not thrown in, things are fine.

Or I just

Step 1: Login

Step 2: Grind

Step 3: Build a team

Step 4: Smash the guy who built a team your way, because money =/= skill

The fun fact is, an item (that already exist in Gen 7) that gives you one IV point(only one time) will tremendously effect the balance of the battle, rigth. Seems Legit!!!+!!!

I agree with the guy who says that resseling RP itens already give you a little bit of P2W. 

If Xatu's only reason is so he can have HP Fire on Alakazam with 31 speed how about we can just directly teach Hidden Power Fire while it ignored the whole IV mechanic but have it based similarly on Gen 7.

HPNPC can teach your mon HP Fire, Ice, Water, Electric, Dragon, Rock, Ground, Ghost, Fighting, Poison, Psychic, Normal, Dark, Steel. But it still falls under the whole you can only have 1 Hidden Power on a pokemon to keep it unique for it to remain treated as Hidden Power.

Then this said NPC can well either accept say 50k or 100k or items that can be farmable. 

Better solution than what Xatu is suggesting.

Edited by Kite
1 hour ago, jcsouza said:

The fun fact is, an item (that already exist in Gen 7) that gives you one IV point(only one time) will tremendously effect the balance of the battle, rigth. Seems Legit!!!+!!!

I agree with the guy who says that resseling RP itens already give you a little bit of P2W. 

I didn't say it's a bad idea introducing that item on this game, but it is a bad idea introducing it via RP

2 hours ago, Kite said:

If Xatu's only reason is so he can have HP Fire on Alakazam with 31 speed how about we can just directly teach Hidden Power Fire while it ignored the whole IV mechanic but have it based similarly on Gen 7.

HPNPC can teach your mon HP Fire, Ice, Water, Electric, Dragon, Rock, Ground, Ghost, Fighting, Poison, Psychic, Normal, Dark, Steel. But it still falls under the whole you can only have 1 Hidden Power on a pokemon to keep it unique for it to remain treated as Hidden Power.

Then this said NPC can well either accept say 50k or 100k or items that can be farmable. 

Better solution than what Xatu is suggesting.

Just choosing the hidden power completely belittles the entire process involved.  It's hard work breeding for HP and adds value to the mon.  People also might use one on shinies or other breeds that could use 30 --> 31. 

Just now, Xatu said:

Just choosing the hidden power completely belittles the entire process involved.  It's hard work breeding for HP and adds value to the mon.  People also might use one on shinies or other breeds that could use 30 --> 31. 

Breeding will still be involved heavily it just eliminates the need for specific IVs and gives you what you want. You can have 6x31 IVs and have the desired Hidden Power so now you can just really focus on IVs and Nature. But value as an argument? Have you seen the price of comps? Most comps I seen that are 3x31 or higher are 600k plus. They'll still be just as valuable. But what if I want to run say Hidden Power Electric on a Special Charizard but it's Hidden Power is say Dark cause I made it 6x31. This doesn't just fix what you want with HP Fire on Alakazam but it fixes all other problems for pokemon that people want HP on them.

Just now, Kite said:

Breeding will still be involved heavily it just eliminates the need for specific IVs and gives you what you want. You can have 6x31 IVs and have the desired Hidden Power so now you can just really focus on IVs and Nature. But value as an argument? Have you seen the price of comps? Most comps I seen that are 3x31 or higher are 600k plus. They'll still be just as valuable. But what if I want to run say Hidden Power Electric on a Special Charizard but it's Hidden Power is say Dark cause I made it 6x31. This doesn't just fix what you want with HP Fire on Alakazam but it fixes all other problems for pokemon that people want HP on them.

Might "fix" that issue but the comp could have really just been a combo of 30 IVs and 31 IVs at that point since it's already a 6x anyway. Pretty much, what you are suggesting, makes all HP mons that are currently available lose whatever value they had for being HP and replaces it with a static NPC value. That's definitely not good for the economy.

2 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Might "fix" that issue but the comp could have really just been a combo of 30 IVs and 31 IVs at that point since it's already a 6x anyway. Pretty much, what you are suggesting, makes all HP mons that are currently available lose whatever value they had for being HP and replaces it with a static NPC value. That's definitely not good for the economy.

Wants to "protect the economy of HP mons" "Then wants to ruin the berry market"....

Obvious troll is obvious.

6 hours ago, Xatu said:

It is if you want it to be:

Step 1:  Buy RP

Step 2:  Sell RP items for in-game currency

Step 3:  Buy like 3 comps

Hottdamn bro!  That's like halfway to a full comp team and for only $10.  It would only take like $20 to buy 6x comp mons that way. 

As I explained in my previous post, this is not a p2w situation. Those comps you are buying can be no better than any other comps currently obtainable spending $0, it's still an equal playing field.

However the moment something like this iv boost gets implemented through the means of RP only, we're creating pokemon (such as 31 speed hp fire) that are only obtainable by paying irl money. This is the big difference that makes one p2w and the other not, so to reiterate my previous post, NOTHING in Pokemmo currently has a p2w aspect to it

2 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

As I explained in my previous post, this is not a p2w situation. Those comps you are buying can be no better than any other comps currently obtainable spending $0, it's still an equal playing field.

However the moment something like this iv boost gets implemented through the means of RP only, we're creating pokemon (such as 31 speed hp fire) that are only obtainable by paying irl money. This is the big difference that makes one p2w and the other not, so to reiterate my previous post, NOTHING in Pokemmo currently has a p2w aspect to it

Before Xatu responds, let me respond for him. His counter claim might be something along the lines of:

"but Kizhaz, there are things like Donor Status, Tickets, and Amnesia Braces!"

and let me save you the hassle of responding:

1. Donor Status' benefits are watered down significantly to prevent a pay to win

2. Tickets are not needed, but some people want them. You don't have to spend real life cash on PC expansion, just organise your PC a little better (or make an alt and give the stuff to it).

3. Amnesia Braces use to be useful, but then the devs introduced level scaling for the Little Cup which rendered them useless, unless you want a perfect level 50 so you can go to the Battle Frontier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kizhaz, I feel you have some expressed some great wisdom, but unfortunately, Xatu is stuck in this mode of "we need more stuff for the Gift Shop!" My main problem is that Xatu wants all this stuff in the gift shop and he does not realise if this is implemented, it would hurt the game more than help it. He is not looking at the big picture and he is stuck in his little Gift Shop echo chamber. I really do wish he can realise that this is not the way to go and hopefully he can be dragged out of it. I feel that he needs to realise that he is losing credibility with people and I really want to see him gain it back.

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification
8 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

.... RP or BP it can be obtained with yen still. It's such a niche item and wouldn't matter 99.99% of the time. The player skill argument goes both ways.. this item only applies to like 1 mon that already out speeds everything. That 1 stat point doesnt = an advantage very much. Player skill is a much much bigger factor. Atleast having it be RP at first brings donations into the game at some point.  

Smart ppl go hp ground on zam.

On topic, making this a thing will only devaluate old comps since no1 would want a 30 speed hp fire mon anymore.

And since you already stated how against making useless our comps you are( rip english, but idc) this is meh

13 minutes ago, Xatu said:

.... RP or BP it can be obtained with yen still. It's such a niche item and wouldn't matter 99.99% of the time. The player skill argument goes both ways.. this item only applies to like 1 mon that already out speeds everything. That 1 stat point doesnt = an advantage very much. Player skill is a much much bigger factor. Atleast having it be RP at first brings donations into the game at some point.  

I know it's hard for you to grasp this since you're not a competitive player, but OU isn't the only tier, and hp fire isn't the only hidden power that can potentially have 30 speed 

On top of that, the introduction of a new gen of pokes will bring even more comps that could benefit from this, and with scizor and ferrothorn about to rise in viability hp fire will be all over the place

Edited by Gunthug