New RP/BP Only Item : IV Up

Xatu

Question

It costs 500-1000 RP (Could be as low as 75 RP or could cost BP instead). All it does is increase one IV stat of your choice by one IV Stat point, while retaining the original hidden power that the Mon had. Pretty much, giving us the effect bottle caps have in 7th gen. Max allowed is one used on any mon, to not undermine genderless breeds. 

Main reason:  HP fire with 31 speed.

Edited by Xatu

Just now, LifeStyle said:

It isn't tho, at least from my experience here, 0$ spent feelsgud

Doesnt mean the p2w mechanics arent present just because you've never used them.   Also goddamn dude how many hours you got logged?  Not donating isnt something you should feel proud of.  You like the game?  Some pocket change here and there is the least you can do.  MMOs aren't free to run.  People's time is not free. 

2 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Doesnt mean the p2w mechanics arent present just because you've never used them.   Also goddamn dude how many hours you got logged?  Not donating isnt something you should feel proud of.  You like the game?  Some pocket change here and there is the least you can do.  MMOs aren't free to run.  People's time is not free. 

oh wow now you made me feel bad. I'll donate all my money right now!

oh wow now you made me feel bad. I'll donate all my money right now!

You can afford a computer right?  You ahve bought a new video game in the last 3 years for $60 bucks right?  You can afford to donate SOME money.  Like i said, pocket change. 

6 minutes ago, Xatu said:

i agree with xatu here

if u play, you should donate... I dont donate directly, Hotarubi does it for me so im ok.. but everyone else should donate.

3 minutes ago, Xatu said:

You can afford a computer right?  You ahve bought a new video game in the last 3 years for $60 bucks right?  You can afford to donate SOME money.  Like i said, pocket change. 

Yeah I'll donate when devs give us cancel button.

Yeah I'll donate when devs give us cancel button.

If you donate now that gives the devs some incentive to actually work on things like the cancel button. 

I mean, we get that the game needs some money to run to pay for the servers and so on. We get that a game wants to encourage some sort of donation towards the game. However, what comes to games like MMOs people obviously would prefer the donations to be voluntary from the basis of it. Because, well what even is a point of a MMO if you can just buy your way to the top?

When a dev comes off with something like "Hey, we need donations to run this game so you can get these cool vanities if you donate" people can be like "Eh, fair enough." but when a member of the playing community is starting to ask the game to be towards more pay2win that's when you're obviously gonna get people scratch their heads because who the hell wants a pay2win environment and in addition... why the hell are you trying to fund raise money here behalf of the developers? It makes no sense.

Just now, Xatu said:

Your probably really rich in real life. Most people on PokeMMO are either college students or people who have 9am - 5pm jobs. Thus, 70% of the PokeMMO population are not really into throwing cash away (unless they want to look pretty). Should they be forced to cough up cash? If the devs forced players of PokeMMO to cough up cash, then I would discontinue with the competitive scene.

"Do you want to bypass our breeding system? If so, spend $5 - $10 on our new IV mechanic!"

The devs strongly oppose Pay to Win (and I remember @Desu emphasising that).

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

You can afford a house? Buy it! Why are you not buying it? Come on, BUY IT! I do donate to the game because PokeMMO does not force you to donate. I like donating to people that don't ask me. Also in game, I was not asked, but I gave a newer player some of my junky low levelled pokemon. If I was asked, I would reject. When it was my Birthday, I received money and I thought about PokeMMO, so I gave money to PokeMMO.

I think you should buy an app on your Iphone. Problem solved.

The Xatu App

"Want to progress??? $0.99!"

"Why aren't you donating? If you don't donate, you will lose 20 Health!"

Spoiler

I am trying to show you what your saying because it sounds good on paper, but terrible in practice. PokeMMO does not force you to donate for a reason.

1 minute ago, OrangeManiac said:

I mean, we get that the game needs some money to run to pay for the servers and so on. We get that a game wants to encourage some sort of donation towards the game. However, what comes to games like MMOs people obviously would prefer the donations to be voluntary from the basis of it. Because, well what even is a point of a MMO if you can just buy your way to the top?

When a dev comes off with something like "Hey, we need donations to run this game so you can get these cool vanities if you donate" people can be like "Eh, fair enough." but when a member of the playing community is starting to ask the game to be towards more pay2win that's when you're obviously gonna get people scratch their heads because who the hell wants a pay2win environment and in addition... why the hell are you trying to fund raise money here behalf of the developers? It makes no sense.

Because I love the game and I want to see it progress.  A 75 cent item that only used in EXTREMELY rare circumstances isnt anything crazy or game breaking AT ALL.  The game is already p2w.  Like it or not.  Amnesia brace costs fucking 15 dollars and used to provide a very specific function that was not available elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Bestfriends said:

Your probably really rich in real life. Most people on PokeMMO are either college students or people who have 9am - 5pm jobs. Thus, 70% of the PokeMMO population are not really into throwing cash away (unless they want to look pretty). Should they be forced to cough up cash? If the devs forced players of PokeMMO to cough up cash, then I would discontinue with the competitive scene.

I've been homeless from 17 and entire adult life.  No i dont have money.  Nobody is forcing you to pay cash.  Simply pay yen on the GTL if you dont want to use money.  It would be the same exact thing if it cost BP too.

"Do you want to bypass our breeding system? If so, spend $5 - $10 on our new IV mechanic!"

It doesnt bypass anything.  It adds one stats one time. Literally ONLY for HP fire which is only only like 3 fast mons.  All of which outspeed threats that are weak to fire with 30 speed anyway..

I am trying to show you what your saying because it sounds good on paper, but terrible in practice. PokeMMO does not force you to donate for a reason.

Nobodies forcing anybody to do anything.  People already buy in-game items with real world cash with the intention of selling for in-game yen.  This is literally no different.  Dont like it then buy with yen. 

If you're referring to Amnesia Brace for training LC comps:

1- There were like 10 legit LC players back then

2- Devs introduced lv5 scaling, which helped the tier grow

Pretty sure it was never intended for Amnesia Brace to give an unfair advantage in using it. Also stop saying this game is P2W, it fucking isn't. Unless you're one of those plebs who RMT their way into owning a shiny Zard or some shit. Show me one person that has won an official tournament only by spending irl money on this game.

I don't understand the logic of:

This game already has P2W mechanics. Therefore we should introduce even more, blatant P2W mechanics.

Wholeheartedly disagree with the idea of having this item be in the reward shop.

3 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

If you're referring to Amnesia Brace for training LC comps:

1- There were like 10 legit LC players back then

2- Devs introduced lv5 scaling, which helped the tier grow

Pretty sure it was never intended for Amnesia Brace to give an unfair advantage in using it. Also stop saying this game is P2W, it fucking isn't. Unless you're one of those plebs who RMT their way into owning a shiny Zard or some shit. Show me one person that has won an official tournament only by spending irl money on this game.

When Amnesia Brace was released it was relatively useful during the old breeding when you had to level to confirm IVs(this was probably the main use of it). Nowadays it's a forgotten item and pretty useless.

Edited by KaynineXL
2 minutes ago, LifeStyle said:

Also stop saying this game is P2W, it fucking isn't.

It is if you want it to be:

Step 1:  Buy RP

Step 2:  Sell RP items for in-game currency

Step 3:  Buy like 3 comps

Hottdamn bro!  That's like halfway to a full comp team and for only $10.  It would only take like $20 to buy 6x comp mons that way. 

6 minutes ago, Xatu said:

I've been homeless from 17 and entire adult life.  No i dont have money.  Nobody is forcing you to pay cash.  Simply pay yen on the GTL if you dont want to use money.  It would be the same exact thing if it cost BP too.

Please tell me that you don't donate to this game if you are in this situation....

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

It is if you want it to be:

Hottdamn bro!  That's like halfway to a full comp team and for only $10.  It would only take like $20 to buy 6x comp mons that way. 

Or I just

Step 1: Login

Step 2: Grind

Step 3: Build a team

Step 4: Smash the guy who built a team your way, because money =/= skill

Just now, Xatu said:

You think this is pay to win? Even with comps you don't have a secure win.

5 minutes ago, Xatu said:

I've been homeless from 17 and entire adult life.

Why do you spend so much time here then? Absolutely zero productivity. 

1 minute ago, sherdoonach said:

zam gets heat wave anyway so? dont see the point here

lol what, it doesnt

Also hot damn, go get him @Bestfriends