New RP/BP Only Item : IV Up

Xatu

Question

It costs 500-1000 RP (Could be as low as 75 RP or could cost BP instead). All it does is increase one IV stat of your choice by one IV Stat point, while retaining the original hidden power that the Mon had. Pretty much, giving us the effect bottle caps have in 7th gen. Max allowed is one used on any mon, to not undermine genderless breeds. 

Main reason:  HP fire with 31 speed.

Edited by Xatu

1 minute ago, PlazmaX said:

Nothing really needs to be said about how bad this is 

its actually just making the game pay to win

staff gonna delete this in 20 min tops 

You can only increase 1 stat by 1 IV point.  Hardly pay to win at all.  People would literally only buy for niche 31 speed HP fire.

Just now, Xatu said:

You can only increase 1 stat by 1 IV point.  Hardly pay to win at all.  People would literally only buy for niche 31 speed HP fire.

Would still be very pay to win bc some people like to waste a lot of money on this game and are willing to spell 50 dollars to increase a stat

lets leave gen 7 to gen 7 ok?

2 minutes ago, Xatu said:

>get to finals

>alakazam vs alakazam

>both HP Fire

>player 1 paid for IV boost, therefore wins speed tie

>player 1 wins shiny comp + 1000 RP

>player 2 screwed out of winning because he/she didnt pay

Not pay to win at all, nope.

Just now, notmudkip0 said:

>get to finals

>alakazam vs alakazam

>both HP Fire

Can I pay 10$ for extra 1mil pls

Just now, PlazmaX said:

Would still be very pay to win bc some people like to waste a lot of money on this game and are willing to spell 50 dollars to increase a stat

lets leave gen 7 to gen 7 ok?

50 dollars? You mean five right? Also running servers isn't free and this is a free MMO. People already often buy donators pass etc for the sole purpose of reselling. It adds value to the mon and the item itself could be resold on gtl for pure yen. Well off players wouldn't need to actually pay real world money ever if they didn't want to but they still wanted to use the feature.  

We already have gen 6/7 stats/abilities/mechanics (in update) having 31 speed HP fire isn't much to ask for. In fact, it diversifies our meta more.

2 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

>get to finals

>alakazam vs alakazam

>both HP Fire

Buy it off gtl if you are really SO opposed to supporting a game you obviously enjoy... 

Just now, Xatu said:

Buy it off gtl if you are really SO opposed to supporting a game you obviously enjoy... 

>enjoy hahahahahaha

another way to fuck the economy by making mons with a extra iv point with hp bc each will sell for over 2mil

Just now, PlazmaX said:

>enjoy hahahahahaha

another way to fuck the economy by making mons with a extra iv point with hp bc each will sell for over 2mil

lolol more money exchanging hands SUPPORTS the economy.  Let alone the servers since every single IV Up would cost IRL money for someone.  Servers aren't free.  Dev's/CM/Mods time isnt free.  Like i said before.  Adding value to a mon is no different than buying a donators pass (literal In game buffs) and selling it on the GTL.  Which people do all the time.  

6 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

being on GTL still makes it pay to win, you know.

Im pretty sure the very definition of p2w involves cold hard $$$.  Unless you are so into PokeMMO that you have forgotten the difference between a fake, pretend, in-game currency and a real one.  You never have to donate once in your entire life to use this item.

Just now, Xatu said:

Unless you are so into PokeMMO that you have forgotten the difference between a fake, pretend, in-game currency and a real one

I dont think that the damn currency matters so much in this case, you're still paying to have an advantage over an opponent that could easily not have it themself. 

Just now, Xatu said:

lolol more money exchanging hands SUPPORTS the economy.  Let alone the servers since every single IV Up would cost IRL money for someone.  Servers aren't free.  Dev's/CM/Mods time isnt free.  Like i said before.  Adding value to a mon is no different than buying a donators pass (literal In game buffs) and selling it on the GTL.  Which people do all the time.  

Im pretty sure the very definition of p2w involves cold hard $$$.  Unless you are so into PokeMMO that you have forgotten the difference between a fake, pretend, in-game currency and a real one.  You never have to donate once in your entire life to use this item.

Stop trying to use "support the game" as a argument nigge it's not working 

and it's still pay to win for somebody, somebody paid for it so you can win. Not everybody will have access to this way to win. This would be the first rp item that affects comp, and of course it souls change the entire game and make it impossible for people with less money to play bc they couldn't afford something that gives you a extra iv and makes your mon 100% better

Just now, PlazmaX said:

Stop trying to use "support the game" as a argument nigge it's not working 

Thats my suggestion, not battle points, or pure yen sink.  It should be RP to bring money into the game so, you know, the devs can actually feel drawn to work on the game!

Just now, PlazmaX said:

and it's still pay to win for somebody, somebody paid for it so you can win.

Still doesnt change anything.  Pay 2 win is already in the game as it is!  Why does having another pay 2 win item even matter?

Just now, PlazmaX said:

Not everybody will have access to this way to win.

Everyone will.  They can have it cost less than 500 RP, 100, 250 even.  Even if its $5 thats only like 500k~ in-game.  An amount that can be grinded out in 2 days using afk methods like berry farming.  

Just now, PlazmaX said:

This would be the first rp item that affects comp,

Besides you know, money.  That you get from buying an item and reselling on GTL.  Which in turn can be spent on an already completed comp.  Which is done quite often.  BTW amnesia brace used to really matter before LC scaling was a thing.  

Just now, PlazmaX said:

and of course it souls change the entire game and make it impossible for people with less money to play bc they couldn't afford something that gives you a extra iv and makes your mon 100% better

It only effects a niche of 0.01% mons to be created.  How many things need hp fire and speed?  Like 3.

7 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

I dont think that the damn currency matters so much in this case, you're still paying to have an advantage over an opponent that could easily not have it themself. 

It completely matters.  Pay 2 win refers to real world money.  As i have stated 10 times already to you.  You dont have to spend real world money to use the item if you dont want to.   Pay 2 win simply doesnt refer to in-game money.  They are absolutely 2 entirely different things.  (Except in runescape where RS Gold literally is real world money now lololol)

Pay 2 win refers to real world money.

You're still PAYING to WIN. What the fuck else do you call it besides pay to win?

Pay 2 win is already in the game as it is!

?????????????

Just now, notmudkip0 said:

You're still PAYING to WIN. What the fuck else do you call it besides pay to win?

?????????????

Dont pretend like this suggestion breaks the veil of p2w.  It doesn't.  They have already gone down that path.  I am simply stating that atleast you have the option to use yen to buy the object.  

I feel like you literally dont know what pay 2 win means.  The defintion includes real world money.  Many MMO's have danke untradable weapons, potions etc that are all only available with ITL cash.  By allowing it to be tradeable it allows ANYONE to use the item.  Regardless of whether or not they are capable of donating IRL cash.

Nothing that affects competitive play so directly should even be remotely considered for a real life money sink. Why would we cross that barrier? Is the game suddenly in dire straits financially and in need of a massive cash boost? The underlying idea is a great one (that gen 7 already came up with) but the first thought should always be how you incorporate it into the gameside economy, especially something that would literally redefine competitive standards.

Again, we should have access to a very limited IV manipulation mechanic to correct gaffes in hidden power IVs, but suggesting it should be bought with RP is honestly just lazy 

Edited by Gunthug
1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

Nothing that affects competitive play so directly should even be remotely considered for a real life money sink. Why would we cross that barrier? Is the game suddenly in dire straits financially and in need of a massive cash boost?

Its a free to play MMO with a dwindling playerbase.  We need all the help we can get. 

The underlying idea is a great one (that gen 7 already came up with) but the first thought should always be how you incorporate it into the gameside economy, especially something that would literally redefine competitive standards.

It's something we already are familiar with (gen 7 meta a year old now).  I think saying it redefines anything is silly.  It only affects 1 niche move on very few niche mons!

Again, we should access to a very limited IV manipulation mechanic to correct gaffes in hidden power IVs, but suggesting it should be bought with RP is honestly just lazy 

Its not lazy, Its smart.  This is the price of Free-2-Play MMOs.  Hosting an MMO is not cheap and it is NOT free.  Like i stated earlier more money being donated means more time the devs can put into the game which leads to a better game for all of us.  

9 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Dont pretend like this suggestion breaks the veil of p2w.  It doesn't.  They have already gone down that path.  I am simply stating that atleast you have the option to use yen to buy the object.  

I feel like you literally dont know what pay 2 win means.  The defintion includes real world money.  Many MMO's have danke untradable weapons, potions etc that are all only available with ITL cash.  By allowing it to be tradeable it allows ANYONE to use the item.  Regardless of whether or not they are capable of donating IRL cash.

Fam where u getting pay to win from like there are no comp items you pay for like Jesus Christ don't say amnesia brace nobody fucking uses amnesia brace

They have already gone down that path

??????

When?

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

Its a free to play MMO with a dwindling playerbase.  We need all the help we can get.

What makes you think it's dwindling? I've seen waves of new players come in by the week.

3 minutes ago, Xatu said:

It only affects 1 niche move on very few niche mons!

HP Fire Alakazam and Venusaur are standard though?

Also lots of donations already come in with donator status and hats. Devs have expressed no need to get more funding as of now.

1 minute ago, PlazmaX said:

Fam where u getting pay to win from like there are no comp items you pay for like Jesus Christ don't say amnesia brace nobody fucking uses amnesia brace

Read my posts:

Step 1:  Buy Donators Pass with IRL Cash

Step 2: Sell donators on GTL for in-game yen

Step 3:  Buy a finished comp thus making you better off from a gameplay standpoint.  

Read my posts:

Step 1:  Buy Donators Pass with IRL Cash

Step 2: Sell donators on GTL for in-game yen

Step 3:  Buy a finished comp thus making you better off from a gameplay standpoint.  

That's not pay to win no comp player is dumb enough to buy something with irl money also that's not pay to win that's like selling rp items is paying to win like if I sell one of my vanitys for money I'm paying to win?????

Edited by PlazmaX
1 minute ago, Xatu said:

You don't know that it's dwindling, you are pulling that out of your ass 

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

It's something we already are familiar with (gen 7 meta a year old now).  I think saying it redefines anything is silly.  It only affects 1 niche move on very few niche mons!

But in gen 7 everyone has access to it through a gameplay mechanic. You know, that virtual world our characters occupy that's supposed to have some semblance of internal logic. The magic hand from the sky reaching down and altering pokemom DNA is, again, just lazy 

1 minute ago, Xatu said:

Its not lazy, Its smart.  This is the price of Free-2-Play MMOs.  Hosting an MMO is not cheap and it is NOT free.  Like i stated earlier more money being donated means more time the devs can put into the game which leads to a better game for all of us.  

Ok, by that logic, why not make pokeballs exclusively purchaseable with irl cash? But the people who buy them can resell on gtl so it's not pay to win right? Certainly the devs would make more money so it must be a good idea

1 minute ago, notmudkip0 said:

??????

When?

When they made RP only items tradeable.  And the translation of IRL cash --> to yen.  

What makes you think it's dwindling? I've seen waves of new players come in by the week.

And the retention rate is very low.  

HP Fire Alakazam and Venusaur are standard though?

Ok those two and starmie is all that comes to mind.   

Also lots of donations already come in with donator status and hats. Devs have expressed no need to get more funding as of now.

Like i stated earlier:  More money = more time for devs to work on game = better game.  Its like you want this game to stay stagnant lol.